Last Post Wins, #51

13 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Oh my sweet baby jesus!

If serving the patties cold, or for dinner, then another option is a side of potato salad...with a twist...search for; Japanese Potato Salad. It has cucumbers, corn, carrots, onions (soon like red but I suggest sweet) then when making it slightly moist with Mayo, also add just a little yellow mustard for a touch of sour tart.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Ok so it sounds totally weird but try it with biscuits and syrup. Sounds insane but trust me. It is amazing

Oh hell yeah!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Philippe said:

add just a little yellow mustard for a touch of sour tart.

Thats how i know youre ftom the south. Add mustard to it. I get those sweet salad pickle cubes and add in mine. Drain them first.

Edited by Wesley8890
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Philippe said:

If serving the patties cold, or for dinner, then another option is a side of potato salad...with a twist...search for; Japanese Potato Salad. It has cucumbers, corn, carrots, onions (soon like red but I suggest sweet) then when making it slightly moist with Mayo, also add just a little yellow mustard for a touch of sour tart.

It needs bacon.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

Thats how i know youre ftom the south. Add mustard to it. I get those sweet salad pickle cubes and add in mine. Drain them first.

No pickles in this version of tater salad, look it up, it’s so good and a pot luck hit for sure as it is very tasty and colorful.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I love how this has just Descended into a cuisine/recipe swap discussion!

Oooh thats make a nice forum!

Of course the only recipe ill never give up is mama's pecan pie

Edited by Wesley8890
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

It needs bacon.

If the Midwest is known for steak and taters then Kentucky must be bacon and cheddar! lol

• Haha 1
Just now, Philippe said:

If the Midwest is known for steak and taters then Kentucky must be bacon and cheddar! lol

Yes, but in my particular town, we are known for two things:  barbeque and bluegrass. We have a world-renowned barbeque restaurant and we get a fair amount of tourism for it. On the other hand...I've never heard a note of bluegrass in our town since I moved here in 2012.

• Love 2
Just now, Wesley8890 said:

Ooh i want some collard greens with ham. Love to throw a neckbone in for flavor

You can have your collard greens. I'll make a pot of green beans with a couple smoked pork hocks in it!

39 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Ok so it sounds totally weird but try it with biscuits and syrup. Sounds insane but trust me. It is amazing

But if it’s a sausage biscuit then either syrup or mustard will do fine.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, astone2292 said:

Yes, but in my particular town, we are known for two things:  barbeque and bluegrass. We have a world-renowned barbeque restaurant and we get a fair amount of tourism for it. On the other hand...I've never heard a note of bluegrass in our town since I moved here in 2012.

What about bourbon?

• Love 1
Just now, Philippe said:

But if it’s a sausage biscuit then either syrup or mustard will do fine.

So...the husband puts grape jelly on his sausage biscuit sandwiches. Am I wrong for calling him weird in this cuisine endeavor?

1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

What about bourbon?

We have a small bourbon-making family and they make some decent stuff...but we just drink the stuff. And I like me some bourbon...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

You can have your collard greens. I'll make a pot of green beans with a couple smoked pork hocks in it!

Collect the bacon from the skillet, add collards and a little water, cover and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile make your bacon bits to stir in when the collards start to tender, then cook until tender.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

So...the husband puts grape jelly on his sausage biscuit sandwiches. Am I wrong for calling him weird in this cuisine endeavor?

We have a small bourbon-making family and they make some decent stuff...but we just drink the stuff. And I like me some bourbon...

You leave him alone! Grape jelly on sausage biscuits is great. Now if youre using mild sausage links that calls for mustard

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

It’s ok but l’d serve that with hot butter biscuits 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

You leave him alone! Grape jelly on sausage biscuits is great. Now if youre using mild sausage links that calls for mustard

He's my husband, I have to pick on him. It's in the fine lines of the marriage certificate.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Does he eat grits?

Only when they are covered in cheese, salt, and pepper. He only orders them when we go out to eat, and he has never cooked them in the house...because he knows the consequences. 

Also...Val's coming!!! She's leaving a trail of smiley faces along the way!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, astone2292 said:

Only when they are covered in cheese, salt, and pepper. He only orders them when we go out to eat, and he has never cooked them in the house...because he knows the consequences. 

Also...Val's coming!!! She's leaving a trail of smiley faces along the way!

You married a good one!

And i noticed. Guess guy time is over😂 

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

You married a good one!

And i noticed. Guess guy time is over😂 

Well, we do have 30+ posts above her on this game. Not sure if that matters, but I can not wait to hear her take on our southern cuisine and y'alls obsession with mustard...

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I love how this has just Descended into a cuisine/recipe swap discussion!

Oooh thats make a nice forum!

Of course the only recipe ill never give up is mama's pecan pie

I don't know where this post came from, but I'm in the same boat with Dad's chicken salad recipe. The only ingredient I give away is the most obvious, but intriguing one:  pineapple.

• Like 1