Posted (edited)

Looking forward to checking out some  recommendations. Here’s mine:

Chasing Perfection by Gor Mu

I love my dark dramas. Gor Mu writes with an artistic hand that is a pleasure to read.

Edited by headtransplant
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Just have to recommend this one:

A well woven story with great characters. Kept me wishing for Thursday mornings to come around to read the next instalment.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

**Winner** 

@Mawgrim

🎉 Congratulations!! 🎉

Thank you so much for both participating and recommending stories on GA for other readers to enjoy. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By jfalkon
      I found this in a science related newsleter I suscribe to and thought that some of you might be interested.  
      It's a short story contest about the future.  The prize includes a trip to Japan.
      https://seat14c.com/future_ideas/new?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=seat14c&utm_content=contest2

• By Cia
      There's a new game running for the newsletter! Today we're going to get the ball rolling, and next week I'll announce the fun twist of the game. This will involve writing, so if you don't want to play, don't add the game information to your reply (feel free to talk/discuss otherwise). Don't worry, though, it's not a long or hard challenge.

Take Two

Game: Choose two nouns at random. Pull out a dictionary (if you own one!) or randomly search for nouns online. Take the first two you pick/see/get results for and add them to your post here. What are you going to do with them? Well... the answer for that comes with next week's newsletter.

Game details: Game announcement 4/30/17 & 5/7/17. Game will run through 6/3/17 with newsletter feature on 6/4/17.

Example:

I want to play! This sounds like fun, and I can always use a creative nudge. (hint, hint authors!)

Nouns: park & cereal
    • By Renee Stevens
      ***Merry Christmas***

First off, I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday and I'd like to thank all of the authors who participated in the Secret Santa Short Story Contest! There were a lot of great entries and based on the comments I've seen over the last week, it was hard to pick just one story. Thank you everyone who voted for your favorite story and a big Thank You to A.J. for collecting the votes. W_L and I will be in contact with each of the winners over the next few days to hand out the prizes. Stories will be properly attributed to the correct authors very soon.

And, we had a tie for 3rd place!!!!

And now, time for the big Author Reveal!!!!

All I want for Christmas

Graeme

Chrisis Eve

Headstall

Cruising For Love At Christmas

Cazpedroso

Elves!

Kitt

From Santa

jfalkon

Habibi

Puppilull

Julebukking

Cole Matthews

La Gracier Et La Paix (The Pardon and the Peace)

The Eminent MGK

Meeting Santa

Wildone

Mistletoe Balls

Aditus

My Very Own Secret Santa

Greg_A

Myrthcottle’s Memories

J.HunterDunn

Operation Wonder

Johnathan Colourfield

Santa's Little Helper

craftingmom

Seven Swans

Albertnothlit

The Baker's Helper

LitLover

The Letter: A Christmas Tale

Mikiesboy

The Modern Magi, or Miracle at the Angel Tree

AC Benus

The Old Ways

Valkyrie

The Secret Santa Game

Timothy M.

Twenty-Three Days of Advent

Thorn Wilde

• By Renee Stevens
      It's time!!! For everyone that has been waiting, we've got 21 brand new stories for you to take a look at. After you've read all the stories, make sure to vote for your favorite. The winners will be announced on December 25th, 2015. The top three stories will receive not only the recognition, but the following prizes:

1st Place

$75 Amazon Gift Card & 6 month Premium access

2nd Place

$25 Amazon Gift Card & 3 month Premium access

3rd Place

1 Month Premium access

Reminder

Authors and editing/beta teams are prohibited from revealing the author behind each story. Revealing the authors' identity will disqualify the story in question.

Voting Procedure

We are going with a blind vote for this contest. Neither the voter, nor the staff member collecting the votes will know which author wrote which story. All stories have been posted under the author name of Secret Santa. The only site member/staff that knows the identity of each story's author is Renee Stevens. A.J. has willingly volunteered to collect votes. After you've read all 21 stories, PM the story name you'd like to vote for to A.J. and use the subject Secret Santa Vote.

Members get to vote for one story. Please wait to vote for your choice until you have read all the stories and are certain as to which story you'd like to vote for.

Voting will conclude at 2:00 PM EST on December 23rd. 2015. No votes will be accepted after that time.

Now, onto the stories!

All I want for Christmas

Chrisis Eve

Cruising For Love At Christmas

Elves!

From Santa

Habibi

Julebukking

La Gracier Et La Paix (The Pardon and the Peace)

Meeting Santa

Mistletoe Balls

My Very Own Secret Santa

Myrthcottle’s Memories

Operation Wonder

Santa's Little Helper

Seven Swans

The Baker's Helper

The Letter: A Christmas Tale

The Modern Magi, or Miracle at the Angel Tree

The Old Ways

The Secret Santa Game

Twenty-Three Days of Advent

Happy voting, and just a reminder, ALL votes should be sent to A.J.
    • By Renee Stevens
      Who wants to do a Secret Santa exchange... GA style? In conjunction with W_L, and in celebration of the upcoming Christmas/holiday season, we have decided to do a short story contest. For those who already planned on writing a Christmas/Holiday story, this could be the perfect opportunity for you and give you the chance to win prizes, and if you want to use the Secret Santa idea for your story, even better!

Stories will be posted by Renee Stevens under an anonymous author name (hence the Secret Santa) designated for this contest and will be attributed to their correct authors once voting has concluded.

Full guidelines can be found below, however, the timeline will be as follows:
      Entry Deadline: 2:00 PM EST - December 15th, 2015 Voting Begins: December 16th, 2015 Voting Ends: December 23rd, 2015 Winners Announced: December 25th 2015

Entry Guidelines

Entry Deadline: 2:00 PM EST - December 15th, 2015
      1 Story Per Person Minimum Word Count Per Story: 1,500 It is NOT required to use a Secret Santa in your story Stories must be complete

Who Can Participate
      Open to all members: You must be a GA Member, and purchase author status (it's free), so that we can attribute your story to you once the contest in concluded.

Do
      Enjoy writing your story and editing it to the best of your ability with the help of your editing/beta team Include a Christmas/holiday theme in your story Comply with the sites Story Content Rules Send your story via pm/email to Renee Stevens for posting Include your story description, rating, genres, and tags you’d like attributed to your story

Don’t
      Share your story with anyone outside your team or reveal which one is yours before, or during, the contest, or your story will be removed from the voting pool. This restriction applies to your team members as well Include previously used characters/settings as doing so could reveal the author of the story Post your story directly into GA Stories

How to Submit
      By email: Email your entry as a word doc to renee@gayauthors.org with the subject 2015 Christmas Contest Entry. By PM: PM your entry, attached as a word doc, to Renee Stevens with the subject 2015 Christmas Contest Entry

Please Note: If you are unable to send a word doc, please PM Renee Stevens prior to submitting  

Prizes
      1st Place - $75 Amazon Gift Card & 6 month Premium access 2nd Place - $25 Amazon Gift Card & 3 month Premium access 3rd Place - 1 Month Premium access

Winners can choose to donate their cash prize to an online charity of their choice
      Winners can choose to gift their premium membership to another member of their choice  

If you have any questions or concerns, please PM either Renee Stevens or W_L.

Voting instructions will be given when the voting commences.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..