• Site Moderator

And now, back to me, the mighty, majestic raptor.

Visit Your Relatives today and leave No Dirty Dishes. Have a nice Cheese Souffle today.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TalonRider said:

Visit Your Relatives today

As I am not living in the same country as my  relatives, Covid-19 travel restrictions mean that I shall only be able to "visit" them online... :/ 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, clochette said:

I hope you can soon go visite them Marty :( *hands a cheese souffle to Marty* 

Thanks. :heart:

Are you going to wash my dirty dishes for me, as well?

2 hours ago, TalonRider said:

No Dirty Dishes

:gikkle:

5 minutes ago, clochette said:

Remember I am Queen Clo

Reine des fées maléfiques des enfers? :yes: 

(Queen of the evil fairies of the underworld?)

:whistle:

Edited by Marty
Clarification
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Reine des fées maléfiques des enfers? :yes: 

(Queen of the evil fairies of the underworld?)

:whistle:

Nope. Just Queen Clo of LPW :P

Right :facepalm: you're rather new here. So here's a tip *whispers* Val and her lickspittles are the ones you should watch your back for :yes:

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
4 minutes ago, clochette said:

Val and her lickspittles are the ones you should watch your back for :yes:

where is the Evil One? :unsure:

must be plotting something :o

...with its clockwork toy penguin “army” :lol:

:joe:

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1
1 minute ago, clochette said:

you're rather new here.

And that's where you are totally wrong, ma fée innocente.

Although I may have been very quiet this past while, I have been watching the idiocy that tends to occur in LPW for around three years now. I think the last time I really got involved was in LPW#47.

8 minutes ago, clochette said:

Val and her lickspittles are the ones you should watch your back for

Once again you are telling me something I already know.

Mind you,  you're no angel either, ma chère. :P

I'm well able to handle @Valkyrie and her bloated sense of importance, thank you very much, as the following entry from 10th March 2019 might indicate...

https://gayauthors.org/forums/topic/44884-last-post-wins-47/page/47/?tab=comments#comment-939787

So, I thank you for your pretended concern for my wellbeing, but I am well able to look after myself. ;) 

(And anyway, I rather suspect it was more a case of you being glad to find an excuse to slag Val off.)

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

OMG @Drew Espinosa get out of Marty's body! (Not that kind you pervs :lol:)

Going to the trouble of finding posts from days, weeks, months even years ago is such a Drew thing to do :gikkle:

But wait, you mean... you mean you've been spying on us all this time! :o :unsure:

interested spy GIF

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Zombie said:
52 minutes ago, Marty said:

I have been watching the idiocy that tends to occur in LPW for around three years now

how very dare you GIF

Well, it's not as though it's a closed forum...

It's not even a members only club. :P 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
8 hours ago, TalonRider said:

And now, back to me, the mighty, majestic raptor.

Visit Your Relatives today and leave No Dirty Dishes. Have a nice Cheese Souffle today.

Today is also National Speech-Language Pathologist Day, so the shiney is mine-y :)  :joe: 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Today is also National Speech-Language Pathologist Day

Apparently just in the US.

But, then again, I think the vast majority of people in the U. S. of A. are of the opinion that the rest of the world doesn't really exist... :unsure2:

However, I'll still raise a glass or two to Speech-Language Pathologists worldwide, even if I don't particularly like the word pathologist in their title, since to my mind a pathologist is someone that studies the causes and effects of diseases, and I wouldn't consider a speech disorder or problem to be an actual disease.

The reason I say I'd raise a glass or two in their honour, though, is that I suppose they are basically the same as what I know of as speech therapists, and I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the speech therapist who worked with me for six months or so back around 1960 when I was only about twelve years of age, and helped me to finally be able to pronounce various letters and sounds correctly, particular the letters 'R''L' and the 'TH' sound. Her patience and kindness certainly boosted my self confidence, and meant that I was no longer being misunderstood and/or laughed at when I was engaged in any sort of conversation with others. :yes: 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Marty said:

I wouldn't consider a speech disorder or problem to be an actual disease.

yeah, disease is pretty broad ranging e.g. “A particular quality or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people”

When I was a student I was once quaffing some ales in a local hostelry with my landlord, who was a GP, and got talking about what are diseases and he gave various examples including a patient who’d recently presented with a diseased hand...

...he’d stuck a nail in it 

...all the way through

:joe:  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Zombie said:

yeah, disease is pretty broad ranging e.g. “A particular quality or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people”

When I was a student I was once quaffing some ales in a local hostelry with my landlord, who was a GP, and got talking about what are diseases and he gave various examples including a patient who’d recently presented with a diseased hand...

...he’d stuck a nail in it 

...all the way through

:joe:  :lol:

It's probably just me, but I'd have said that it was an injured hand, rather than a diseased one. Unless, of course, some sort of infection had got in as a result of the injury.

6 minutes ago, Marty said:

It's probably just me, but I'd have said that it was an injured hand, rather than a diseased one. Unless, of course, some sort of infection had got in as a result of the injury.

the disease was the nail stuck in the hand

that was his example to show just how broad-ranging the term is

now stop distracting us from the only thing that matters in LPWland :angry:

SNATCH!

:joe:  :funny:

Edit to add

And provoking the penguin... :lol:  :gikkle:

Edited by Zombie
  • Haha 1
  • Site Administrator
21 minutes ago, Marty said:

Apparently just in the US.

But, then again, I think the vast majority of people in the U. S. of A. are of the opinion that the rest of the world doesn't really exist... :unsure2:

However, I'll still raise a glass or two to Speech-Language Pathologists worldwide, even if I don't particularly like the word pathologist in their title, since to my mind a pathologist is someone that studies the causes and effects of diseases, and I wouldn't consider a speech disorder or problem to be an actual disease.

The reason I say I'd raise a glass or two in their honour, though, is that I suppose they are basically the same as what I know of as speech therapists, and I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the speech therapist who worked with me for six months or so back around 1960 when I was only about twelve years of age, and helped me to finally be able to pronounce various letters and sounds correctly, particular the letters 'R''L' and the 'TH' sound. Her patience and kindness certainly boosted my self confidence, and meant that I was no longer being misunderstood and/or laughed at when I was engaged in any sort of conversation with others. :yes: 

There is a heck of a lot more to the profession of speech-language pathology than only treating articulation disorders.  We treat communication disorders associated with neurogenic causes, such as stroke, Parkinson's, ALS, TBI.  We also diagnose and treat disorders including language, reading, stuttering, and social/pragmatic language.  In addition to treating speech and language disorders across the lifespan, we also diagnose and treat dysphagia (difficulty swallowing).  So I would say the 'pathologist' in our title is quite apropos.  In the US, the title on our license and certification is SLP - speech-language pathologist.  In the UK, it's speech therapist.  Other countries have different titles too.   I'm glad a speech therapist was able to help you with the sounds you had difficulty with.  

Now back to shiny snatching.  :joe:  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Zombie said:

that was his example to show just how broad-ranging the term is

He's entitled to his opinion, of course. :yes:

But many dictionaries exclude physical injuries, or accidents, in their definition of the word.

For example, the Cambridge Dictionary gives this definition:

(an) illness of people, animals, plants, etc., caused by infection or a failure of health rather than by an accident
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/disease

Of course his patient may have deliberately stuck the nail through his hand, in which case he may really have had a disease. But in that case I would say the disease was in his head, rather than his hand. :yes: 

6 minutes ago, Marty said:

But in that case I would say the disease was in his head, rather than his hand. :yes: 

Same for y'all here. The disease is in your head with the biggest symptom being you seems to think :joe: is yours :rolleyes:. Doc Clo says it's time to get your pills guys :gikkle:

Edited by clochette
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Zombie said:

new stop distracting us from the only thing that matters in LPWland :angry:

SNATCH!

9 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Now back to shiny snatching. 

Fuggering magpies!

Magpie2_i-love-shiny-things.png?width=10

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Today is also National Speech-Language Pathologist Day, so the shiney is mine-y :)  :joe: 

That’s great, Penguin! Have a great day wearing the Shiny :joe: :)  :hug: 

• Love 1