The pesky penguin was feeling fantastic
Her ego was stretched like elastic
And she marched through the town
Like a complete and utter clown
Wearing a crown made of cheap shiny plastic.

:whistle:

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Marty said:

He's entitled to his opinion, of course. :yes:

well, yes, since he was a fully medically qualified doctor and appeared to be competent (no reports in the local paper about worrying numbers of patients being killed - which can be unsettling) so I was inclined to accept his medical knowledge of the wide-ranging scope of “disease” :funny:  And medical definition is, of course, not the same as everyday use, or for employment or legal purposes. And the good doctor obviously used that example to illustrate the wide-ranging scope of the term - which, to be fair to him is exactly what I asked for :P

1 hour ago, Marty said:

But many dictionaries exclude physical injuries, or accidents, in their definition of the word.

For example, the Cambridge Dictionary gives this definition:

(an) illness of people, animals, plants, etc., caused by infection or a failure of health rather than by an accident

I always prefer the definitive English reference source, the Oxford English Dictionary, which (and this is only the briefest of extracts from a lengthy entry which you are welcome to have if you wish, but maybe not here so as not to distract further from the game) supports the good doctor’s example:

A condition of the body, or of some part or organ of the body, in which its functions are disturbed or deranged; a morbid physical condition; ‘a departure from the state of health, especially when caused by structural change

I’m just a layman, of course, but I’m guessing “functions are disturbed” and “structural change” happens if you bash a nail through your hand... :lol:

:joe:

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Marty said:

6a623f4926dceb84512f1428d5745fb5.jpeg

this thread is just a lighthearted game for fun, Marty

there are other places to go if you want something else 

:joe:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, clochette said:

:gikkle:

You might well giggle, clo. But as current owner of the shiny, I'm beginning to think it's getting time to deal with some of the residents of LPW-land who think they make up the rules in here... ;)

4317986.jpg

0:) 

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Marty said:

You might well giggle, clo. But as current owner of the shiny, I'm beginning to think it's getting time to deal with @Valkyrie and her lickspittles and @wildone the residents of LPW-land who think they make up the rules in here... ;)

4317986.jpg

0:) 

I totally agree with you :yes:

• Wow 1
16 minutes ago, clochette said:
1 hour ago, Marty said:

You might well giggle, clo. But as current owner of the shiny, I'm beginning to think it's getting time to deal with (names added by evil @clochette deleted) the residents of LPW-land who think they make up the rules in here... ;)

Be very, very careful, ma fée maléfique!

For, if you continue to insist on deliberately misquoting me, you may find yourself the first LPW resident to become acquainted with Mme Guillotine. :yes:

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

In the new brevet for the Guillotine it's says it can not be used against a French resident -_-

Check the fine prints at the bottom 🧐

Edited by clochette
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, K.C. said:

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by BBC

After the day I've had, I need a drink and the shiny! :joe:

I suspect you also need to understand the difference between what you need, and what you just want. :P 

needs-vs-wants-300x228.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Site Moderator

Sorry for the delay in posting today's list, here's the short list. If your name is Ray, or Rae, then May Ray Day is for you. Everyone will receive the Fruit Slush of their choice.

A lot of Associations and Groups in The States celebrate a day, or longer, to honor their members. Those I usually don't poke fun at. Sometimes, the list may have an International Day listed with the daily list. They do have a list for International Days which doesn't have much on it.

There is only one rule for the game. Last Post Wins. Periodically, the current round is closed, the last poster is declared the winner of the round and a new one started.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

And back to the mighty raptor once again.

Is today a good day to become a Millionaire? Let's all get out early this morning to Pick Strawberries. Today is National Rescue Dog Day. It's International Red Sneaker Day.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TalonRider said:

Let's all get out early this morning to Pick Strawberries.

I reckon I'll just sit this one out. :yes: 

My strawberries are still green. Outdoor strawberries in this country don't usually ripen until June at the earliest.

ngcb1

• Like 1