creative-725811.jpg

Challenge: Write a 25 word ficlet or poem using 2 of the 5 words

Pick 2 of the 5 words below:

1. Dance
  2. Pest
  3. Bubble
  4. Splinter
  5. Ancient

Post your ficlet in this topic (you can also post in Stories if you have a collection of flash fiction or poetry).  Comment on each other's ficlets. Talk about the challenge and how you went about writing your ficlet. Readers can post, authors can post, everyone can have fun with this extreme challenge! 

You could be a scrabble-4957936.jpg

Random.org will help us select 1 player to receive an ad feature GA! That's right, we'll help design an ad to feature either your story listing, a single story you want to feature, or you can feature a favorite author or story on the site (if a reader gets bold and wants to play the game!) The deadline is July 31st and the winner will be announced in August's newsletter. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Administrator

I never received the July newsletter.  Was it sent out?  I just happened to look in the forum and see this.  

Also, when is the deadline?  

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I never received the July newsletter.  Was it sent out?  I just happened to look in the forum and see this.  

I didn't get it either. 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
3 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I dance alone

In my solitary bubble

Horrified at the reluctance

To reduce the rubble

I really feel this :hug:  And I was thinking about using 'dance' and 'bubble' too, but I'll pick different words now lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I really feel this :hug:  And I was thinking about using 'dance' and 'bubble' too, but I'll pick different words now lol 

Thanks... and sorry... I thought it would be fun to use all of them... maybe I got carried away, but it was fun. I haven't written poetry in months. :huh: 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Site Administrator
3 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Thanks... and sorry... I thought it would be fun to use all of them... maybe I got carried away, but it was fun. I haven't written poetry in months. :huh: 

No worries. I found two I like better :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Administrator
3 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

47 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I didn't get it either. 

It was sent out on Monday, July 5th. It may have filtered into your Junk/Spam/Clutter boxes? The deadline will be July 31st. :)

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cia said:

It was sent out on Monday, July 5th. It may have filtered into your Junk/Spam/Clutter boxes? The deadline will be July 31st. :)

Nope.  I check my Spam folder regularly and it's not there.  

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Site Administrator

It looks like we had some sort of bug in sending it. so I posted it in a blog :)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Nope.  I check my Spam folder regularly and it's not there.  

I just checked mine and it's not there either. 

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 2:54 AM, Valkyrie said:

Ancient pests awaken after millennia of slumber, descending on the innocent in terrifying droves. Ultimate weapons deployed; the vermin annihilated by a sticky croak. Burp!

:angry:  :funny::funny::funny:

bubble birds that cannot fly 
futile flippers they may deny 
comical how hard they try 
their ancient nemesis shuffling by 
pointing
laughing
Then we die
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Thank you to everyone for playing and for posting great ficlets! This game is closed. Look for the winner to be announced in the newsletter. 

• Like 3