2022 Anthology "Anniversary" - Discussion Thread

On 6/30/2022 at 11:53 PM, Mrsgnomie said:

I finally took a stab at the anthology. Should be finished with the draft next week. I *think* it's enough time for beta and editing. We shall see.

If I had to pick a theme song, it would be this one. 

Lol... Awesome song!! Can't wait to read your submission. :P 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Plenty of authors have a heck of a lot less, too. I’m sitting at 6? 🤣🤣🤣 50 stories is truly incredible. 

Keep writing for the anthologies and that will get your story count up lol  I think I'm on my 28th anthology story for this one.  29th if I can get some poetry written too.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I have bashed my covid brain into submission and come up with a story in the last couple of days, so you can probably count one more. I also wrote two poems today that might become a submission, because... you know... I like seeing poetry in the Anthology. Fingers crossed I decide my efforts are good enough. Concentration has been a bitch since covid, but I think I'm finally getting a piece of my mojo back. :unsure:  Cheers!

Yay!!  That's great news :hug:  It would be great to have more poetry.  We already have one poetry submission and I'm hoping to include some of my own.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Keep writing for the anthologies and that will get your story count up lol  I think I'm on my 28th anthology story for this one.  29th if I can get some poetry written too.  

Are you flexing right now? I feel like you just flexed lol 

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I've been at it for 8 years. And I'm semi-retired. :P

Recently, I decided to give an author I had dismissed previously as not writing to my taste. I clicked on the new chapter listed, and was confronted with a chapter over 20k words. I gulped, read three lines, and decided I still didn't like the writing. Considering the length, I'm kinda glad I didn't like it. LOL

It was @Mrsgnomie wasn't it? She loves her some long-ass chapters. 🤣🤣 

Joking... The electric shock I gave her jolted her enough that she starts drooling at 6k. 

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Mrsgnomie said:

USED to have some long ass chapters 

Did I mention I'd read you elsewhere before you joined GA and was happy to see you joined. I remember enjoying the story.

Even if you were a tad verbose.

Let me beta/edit something and introduce you to my favorite editorial comment when deleting words/sentences/paragraphs. Simplifying.

• Haha 4
12 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Valkyrie

Y'all spreading out the stories over a month?

Hope so. Otherwise people will get lost in the flood of stories. Especially those who are less well known within GA

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Mrsgnomie said:

It's hard for me to read some of the older stuff, but I don't want to edit it either. It's part of my history. 

Me too. And new readers pick up the series now and then, comment, and I cringe. LOL

I'm a pussycat. Cia will put the fear of hell in you. I mentioned my experience with her on my first antho, And what she did was just in the comments!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
18 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Did I mention I'd read you elsewhere before you joined GA and was happy to see you joined. I remember enjoying the story.

Even if you were a tad verbose.

Let me beta/edit something and introduce you to my favorite editorial comment when deleting words/sentences/paragraphs. Simplifying.

Will Smith Run GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 5
6 minutes ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Young Mrsgnomie:

spacer.png

It's hard for me to read some of the older stuff, but I don't want to edit it either. It's part of my history. 

I'm scared for you to edit/beta.
spacer.png

I'm editing to add: When I first started writing, I remember feeling like I NEEDED to use a million words in order to seem like I knew what I was doing.  As if the more words I used would hide my ineptness as an author. 

Good excuse. 

• Haha 4
45 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Valkyrie

Y'all spreading out the stories over a month?

That's up to @Myr and @Cia.  They'll be the ones publishing the stories and doing the blog with the links.  One of them can say for sure.  

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

It'll depend how many we get.

• Like 5
37 minutes ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Cia just did my anthology. Because of what you said, I about pissed my pants even asking her. In the end, it wasn't bad at all! I'd say it's because I'm just 'that good' but that's some hardcore bs right there lol. I did learn a lot. 

Now, @kbois sent me some screen shots of what you noted when you edited for her...😳

I love it when Cia proofs or edits my stories.  I always learn a lot from her.  I've actually proofed a couple of her anthology stories.  Talk about pissing your pants :unsure:  :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Myr said:

It'll depend how many we get.

Ten have been submitted to the proof team so far.  I know of at least four more in the works.  I'm hoping there are some outliers as well.  

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Cia just did my anthology. Because of what you said, I about pissed my pants even asking her. In the end, it wasn't bad at all! I'd say it's because I'm just 'that good' but that's some hardcore bs right there lol. I did learn a lot. 

Now, @kbois sent me some screen shots of what you noted when you edited for her...😳

And it was wonderful feedback @Carlos Hazday. Don't believe a word she says. 

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..