“At risk” - gay story websites and others

7 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

All I will say in answer is that there are many good stories on the site, I am taking my own measures to enable me to read them in the future.

as far as I can see there’s no option on this site (and likely GA and others too) to access multi-chapter stories in a single file (eg pdf) which means each chapter would have to be opened+copied individually then pasted over to a wp file in order to create a single story file “book” - quite tedious and time consuming if you have a lot of favourites, unless there’s a better way?

• Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Just now, Zombie said:

as far as I can see there’s no option on this site (and likely GA and others too) to access multi-chapter stories in a single file (eg pdf) which means each chapter would have to be opened+copied individually then pasted over to a wp file in order to create a single story file “book” - quite tedious and time consuming if you have a lot of favourites, unless there’s a better way?

I don't know of any quick way, if anyone please of one please share. Although it's long and tedious I'm going down the copy and paste method. I'll also be keeping a record of the copyright ownership so that I know who has written each story that I record.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Everyone always assumes Mom and Dad has everything taken care of until the car accident happens. 

My question....

Do the admins have the ability to download the site data to a separate private disc? The admin owns the data, I think? 

Yes, I'm asking probative questions...

But I haven't seen admins address here. The website I owned, I could access and download assess at my liberty. I know stuff is different here, but do we know the contours of the admins thoughts here? what they think on this? how would they help?

I haven't seen admin offer thoughts on this thread.....

• Fingers Crossed 3
  • 2 months later...

This topic triggered a memory in me. In the nascent days of the WWW and me exploring the more hidden side of my life as a youth coming to terms with my sexual orientation, I discovered a site called "The Fort". It wasn't very sophisticated, but it did have stories in it and forums to discuss just about anything and links for gay youth resources.

Does anyone know of this site? Remember it? Know what happened to it? I remember a lot of the stories seemed science fiction-y, which when mixed with gay characters didn't appeal so I sort of stopped going there as I found other sites like Nifty, GA, IOMfAtS and AwesomeDude.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, PrivateTim said:

This topic triggered a memory in me. In the nascent days of the WWW and me exploring the more hidden side of my life as a youth coming to terms with my sexual orientation, I discovered a site called "The Fort". It wasn't very sophisticated, but it did have stories in it and forums to discuss just about anything and links for gay youth resources.

Does anyone know of this site? Remember it? Know what happened to it? I remember a lot of the stories seemed science fiction-y, which when mixed with gay characters didn't appeal so I sort of stopped going there as I found other sites like Nifty, GA, IOMfAtS and AwesomeDude.

27 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Here's a link that might help.  It is to The Mustard Jar, Ronyx's website in the Links section.  The Fort website, became The Fort Family websites.  Check thru the links here and you will find many if not most of The Fort Family sites that working now. There are 10 website links for the Fort Family sites listed. I hope this helps you.

https://www.themustardjar.com/?t=cecAt7uzvUcNixtU

The Fort Family of websites is now at    storylover dot us     and there are lots of places to explore.  The row of stuff in the left column will give a lot of hints of what is going on.  Under the list of latest story chapter postings there is news of various happenings within the Fort Family and various other of the websites related to StoryLover and the Fort Family,

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JamesSavik said:

I miss Dewey, and Drake was gone before I arrived, but I did get to read some of his stuff.

There are many others who have passed or just dropped offline.

The reason I came to GA was it seemed an island of stability.

Some of Dewey's stories are on storylover dot us website.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...