How Does Ranking System Work

Jason Rimbaud
Go to solution Solved by northie,

I've tried to find a FAQ's about the ranking system and how things work but I couldn't find it. I'm sure it's somewhere but if anyone could point me in the direction would be helpful. Ranking system is what I'm calling when I go to my profile and it says I'm 6 out of 14, don't really know what it's called, reputation? or how to earn badges or why I earned them in the first place.

Thanks!

J

• Like 3

• Solution
18 minutes ago, Jason Rimbaud said:

or how to earn badges or why I earned them in the first place

I can answer the badge element of your question with confidence (hopefully). You get badges for doing various things on site - visiting GA consistently, commenting, posting things, being followed, how many years you've been a member. It's possible for pretty much all members to get at least some badges.

Clicking on the 'Recent badges' section of your Profile's Achievements area (towards the top on a laptop view) brings up all the badges you've been awarded. Most of them are self-explanatory. See part of mine as an example:

image.png.ecc84df611caf1b64ea936a449264fc6.png

As for ranks, Myr can correct me as necessary. My understanding is points which count towards rankings are earned mostly (entirely?) from interactions in the Stories part of the site. That can be posting stories (and chapters), reviews, and most commonly, making and responding to comments. Any member can grow their reputation but Authors can tend to have an advantage. As a general example, I'm 7,001 points short of progressing to my next rank (10). 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thank you very much for that. And that gave me the what, now I would like to know the how. How do I achieve next level, I've been six for i think going on fifty or sixty years now. I'm a huge gamer and not being able to get to 100% completion has been driving me crazy. Is there a list of badges to earn? 

That being said, in all seriousness, do you only earn points during the stories section of the site? That would explain why I've been at 6 for a while now.  Thank you both Myr and Northie for your insights. Plus I am a badge whore. :) 

J

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2024 at 6:17 PM, Myr said:

The points from creating content with a bias towards stories. Create more stories, post comments and reviews on stories, etc.  Blogs and normal posting increases it too. 

Myr, stepping into this thread a little late, but I also have a couple of questions about the rankings. 

1.  Is there a set number of points that we earn to get to the next level? 

2.  If so, what are those points?

3.  How do I know how many points I have. 

On a perhaps related issue, I noticed that this February I will have been a member for 20 years, before some of the current members were even born.  You have the patience of a saint.  ❤️

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Myr said:

image.png

Click on your profile on top.  It tells you points to next rank.

I suspect most just consider me a stubborn ass :)

Thanks Myr!! 
Mine doesn’t show that, but maybe that’s because I’m at Epic and the next step is Grand Epic Scribe?  

Edited by Mark Arbour
  • Like 3

On 8/15/2024 at 9:14 PM, Myr said:

odd.

image.png

Not sure why not

OK.  I finally figured it out.  I was looking at the wrong info.

And we're back to that patience thing again.  😀  Sorry about that, Myr. 

• Like 2