Major Forum Upgrade Coming Soonish - Story Archive Future Discussion

Myr

• Site Administrator
2 hours ago, Zombie said:

will old emoji favourites still be available?

-_-:angry::o🙀😱:unsure::wub::gikkle::funny:

I think so, yes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

You had me at "dark mode." I can read chapters in dark mode just fine, but when I get to the comments, I often have to switch back to see what everyone wrote. I think the quotes pulls from the black on white text. 

• Like 3

Dark mode is a must for me. And mobile. Loving the of it all. I think the only two minor (very minor) gripes I have are when you’re searching through the filters and pick only 1 or 2 things to keep and leave the rest, it doesn’t do a great filtering but this might be me not using the damn option fully . The other thing I find a bit frustrating is when I go to comment off of someone else’s comment, the quote option doesn’t always behave and drop me down so I can start typing 

• Like 3

• Site Administrator
7 hours ago, BentedWreath said:

I think the quotes pulls from the black on white text. 

The way the chapter text darkmode works only effects the chapter text and not the quote text.  That should be addressed in next version.

3 hours ago, SilentandBroken said:

filters and pick only 1 or 2 things to keep and leave the rest, it doesn’t do a great filtering but this might be me not using the damn option fully

The filters are working properly last time I checked.  But you have to be careful of how you choose to filter. The bottom part makes a BIG difference in results:

image.png

The other thing I find a bit frustrating is when I go to comment off of someone else’s comment, the quote option doesn’t always behave and drop me down so I can start typing 

This is likely some combination of chapter size, device type you are using and speed of your connection.  (Mobile being the most likely issue to encounter this). The behavior is not 'normal' though.  That is, I've not encountered it or been able to produce it.

Oh and sometimes when I’m reading a story and come back to in and complete a chapter, it doesn’t like me when I go to like it. 

Not sure what you mean by this one.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Myr said:

The way the chapter text darkmode works only effects the chapter text and not the quote text.  That should be addressed in next version.

The filters are working properly last time I checked.  But you have to be careful of how you choose to filter. The bottom part makes a BIG difference in results:

image.png

This is likely some combination of chapter size, device type you are using and speed of your connection.  (Mobile being the most likely issue to encounter this). The behavior is not 'normal' though.  That is, I've not encountered it or been able to produce it.

Not sure what you mean by this one.

Your first two replies make sense. I realize I wasn’t clear on the last one. I think what I was trying to say was that when I leave the browser up on my phone and return back to it later to complete the chapter, sometimes when I go to like or whatever the chapter it says there was an error. I think it’s because it’s likely been hours since I was last there and even though it refreshed, it’s like nope. Not happening. Again, all mobile browser

Edited by SilentandBroken
Additional comment
  • Like 3