[Tiff] Jumping Over My Mountain

Tiff I hope you will write another story,

wow I did not see

Kenny asking, coming out

laugh at Skyler at the pool in California.

Thought this was a great ending :D

Edited by Drewbie

Excellent job, Tiff. I've been following this one since you started it and I'm really hoping you've got another in the works.

<sigh> I'm always sad when the good ones end. I'm going to miss Crew and his...well, crew. :P

Thanks! It took me awhile to get this done. I guess I kept putting it off because it was hard to say goodbye and I'd become awfully attached to the characters. But I think the ending leaves off on a good note and everyone is in the direction of happiness.

I will definitely miss Crew and his crew, too. :D

I do have another story in the works. It's in the process of being beta-read and so far it's looking good, as in he doesn't hate it. But it's more mature and less lively. I think I'm into sad/deeper pieces these days.

Excellent job, Tiff. I've been following this one since you started it and I'm really hoping you've got another in the works.

<sigh> I'm always sad when the good ones end. I'm going to miss Crew and his...well, crew. :P

Hey Drewbie!

I do have another story, but it's not as funny as this one. Digging into deeper and more mature works. Maybe I'll come up with another entertaining tale another time.

So glad you liked the ending. I wanted to make sure it ended strong as well as on a good note. I liked Skyler at the pool in Cali, also. Even though it was technically through the phone, I swear I could visualize what he was doing.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Tiff I hope you will write another story,

wow I did not see

Kenny asking, coming out

laugh at Skyler at the pool in California.

Thought this was a great ending :D

So how does it feel having completed an epic 30-chapter story? :P

These last two installments are just what one wants to read on a overcast, dreary day in a foreign land where they don't speak English. As usual, the dialogue is vibrant, and the characterizations distinct, despite the very large cast. I like it that we go full circle, and we see Crew thinking of his lost family.

I wish you luck on your next story. All the best from Deutschland!

So how does it feel having completed an epic 30-chapter story? :P

These last two installments are just what one wants to read on a overcast, dreary day in a foreign land where they don't speak English. As usual, the dialogue is vibrant, and the characterizations distinct, despite the very large cast. I like it that we go full circle, and we see Crew thinking of his lost family.

I wish you luck on your next story. All the best from Deutschland!

It's a relief to be done with this story. It was long! And now they've had their happy sendoff into the real world/future.

Glad you enjoyed it and perhaps brightened your dreary day somewhat.

Wilkommen and Ja--the only two German words I know. Wait, wait, I used to talk with a German guy...but sadly nothing is coming to mind.

It was time to bring JOMM to a close Tiff. You did a superb job of making that happen. It was a wistful ending, but everyone seemed to be in a good place, even Storm. I'll miss these guys as much as you will, but all good things must end and I can't think of a better way to end it than you did.

Your next story will show how much you've grown as a writer. It is a very mature story involving slightly older characters and written in third person.

In a general sense it reminds me of Everybody's Wounded.

Once again you've created completely believable characters.

Just like the scene in JOMM with Crew and Zeke on the phone with Sky in the background it's very easy to visualize these characters.

The entire thing is more like a movie than a story.

This is the story that's gonna put you into the big-time Tiff and give good old corvus a run for his money. He's gonna have to work hard to keep up with you. thumbs-up.gif

It was time to bring JOMM to a close Tiff. You did a superb job of making that happen. It was a wistful ending, but everyone seemed to be in a good place, even Storm. I'll miss these guys as much as you will, but all good things must end and I can't think of a better way to end it than you did.

Your next story will show how much you've grown as a writer. It is a very mature story involving slightly older characters and written in third person.

In a general sense it reminds me of Everybody's Wounded.

Once again you've created completely believable characters.

Just like the scene in JOMM with Crew and Zeke on the phone with Sky in the background it's very easy to visualize these characters.

The entire thing is more like a movie than a story.

This is the story that's gonna put you into the big-time Tiff and give good old corvus a run for his money. He's gonna have to work hard to keep up with you. thumbs-up.gif

It was definitely time to bring this story to a close. They've been through their drama and hopefully life will settle comfortably for each of them. I didn't want to continue writing it endlessly and risk running the entire story into the ground. When it's time, it's time. Sigh.

You're right; the next story does remind me of Everybody's Wounded. Not the storyline, but the characters who have their own problems in their own little world. This is definitely a more mature piece, and might attract a different audience, but I still hope it pulls in readers of all ages. It's hard to balance a story with the sad stuff and the humorous stuff. But I've learned you can't please everyone.

Give corvus a run for his money?! :lol: You're great, Gary. I don't know about that, his writing just has the perfect moody tone. I don't know if anyone can really take his throne, as much as I may try! I'll just settle for learning from him...for now. Watch, when he leasts expects it, I'll overthrow him! :D

Thanks once again for all your help :worship:

Yea, Hiro is really good for Crew.

Have to love that Skyler is nutty :D

I also love silent, yet supportive Hiro.

Hiro and Crew and Zeke and Skyler are my favorite couples/characters in the story. Wish I knew people like them in real life.

Writing the ending with Skyler's pool antics was a fun time. Actually, some of the scenes were modeled after my experiences in California two summers ago visiting my sister. There was kayaking in the pool after a drinking episode. A there was this extremely good-looking and popular guy, who's name everyone would chant every night.

Strange place. Californians. And they say New Yorkers are crazy. :D

• Haha 1
Guest _frosT_

Awesome Tiff! That was really, really good. JOMM is definitely one of my favorite stories. Gawd, I can't believe two years has passed since I first started reading this. Like, everything is still fresh on my mind. Or at least how the characters were. I love them. Rarely can you find and read a story and get emotionally affected by the people in it and what they've gone through (And made you have nightmares, damn you!). This is actually one of first stories I've read that isn't a wank material. LOL. And~, one that made me become picky as to what I read. You had set the bar high.

Love the ending. It's great that everybody was in a good place after all the drama. Oooh, and I'm glad you didn't kill anyone. I know I was sort of liking the idea of it before but now I'm happy how the way things worked.

Sigh. Like every beginning there's an end. I'm going to miss them. I'm going to miss MY Skyler! He a hoot! And Hiro.. so manly. But I guess it was time to end it, even though i really don't want it to end. Yes, I want it to become like a Soap and last for decades! Haha.

Now start writing a new one! Go on.. I can't wait! :P

Awesome Tiff! That was really, really good. JOMM is definitely one of my favorite stories. Gawd, I can't believe two years has passed since I first started reading this. Like, everything is still fresh on my mind. Or at least how the characters were. I love them. Rarely can you find and read a story and get emotionally affected by the people in it and what they've gone through (And made you have nightmares, damn you!). This is actually one of first stories I've read that isn't a wank material. LOL. And~, one that made me become picky as to what I read. You had set the bar high.

Love the ending. It's great that everybody was in a good place after all the drama. Oooh, and I'm glad you didn't kill anyone. I know I was sort of liking the idea of it before but now I'm happy how the way things worked.

Sigh. Like every beginning there's an end. I'm going to miss them. I'm going to miss MY Skyler! He a hoot! And Hiro.. so manly. But I guess it was time to end it, even though i really don't want it to end. Yes, I want it to become like a Soap and last for decades! Haha.

Now start writing a new one! Go on.. I can't wait! :P

Heya J!

I'm glad the characters were still fresh in your mind even after the long break in between reading due to my slow updates. The last two chapters, it took me awhile to get back into the character, the plot, and the story, so I had some trouble. The fact that you got the same feel when reading it makes me feel relieved! I wanted to do justice to those characters, who I also love very dearly.

My story gave you nightmares? Shut up, it so did not! Nothing terrible happened, except for Crew's accident...and come on, he LIVED. No more sob story. :lol:

Don't worry, I will kill off characters in the future...hehehe

Skyler is a hoot. I actually think you're like Skyler only more neurotic and paranoid...but equally hot. :wub: And everyone loves Hiro. I need to find a Japanese/German dude, but a straight version.

You and your soaps...how's that anime coming along?

I've already started a new series. It's all done, but need to get it edited. I'm lazy and school is totally kicking my ass right now. :wacko:

Thanks for commenting!

• Like 1
Guest southga0069

Wow, what a story. I started reading it way back on nifty and then thought I would never get to see how it finished until I found you on here. You are great writer :worship: and I can't wait until you have something new. again wow :D . (had to read it twice, lol)

I have just started reading this story and I must say that I am loving it immensely. :D

Great Work, Tiff.

BeaStKid

Thanks BK for all your kind words and PMs. I appreciate your comments and feedback, and you're right about learning as I go along.

Wow, what a story. I started reading it way back on nifty and then thought I would never get to see how it finished until I found you on here. You are great writer :worship: and I can't wait until you have something new. again wow :D . (had to read it twice, lol)

Hey! Thanks for posting in my forum, especially since you don't post often. I feel special now. :D

I stopped posting on Nifty awhile ago, although I did provide a link to the last Nifty update. I'm glad you found the story here and could reach the conclusion. I hope you'll continue to read when I write other stories. : )

• 8 months later...

I started reading this story a long while ago, on Nifty I think, but lost track of it somehow. Pleased to say I have finally finished it. ^_^

It was well worth the wait, really like your writing style, & the way characters just seamlessly fit together. Great story of tragedy, friends, heartbreak, & love. Thanks for sharing.

Now onto your next one. :D

Edited by Sir_Galahad
I started reading this story a long while ago, on Nifty I think, but lost track of it somehow. Pleased to say I have finally finished it. ^_^

It was well worth the wait, really like your writing style, & the way characters just seamlessly fit together. Great story of tragedy, friends, heartbreak, & love. Thanks for sharing.

Now onto your next one. :D

Yup, I did start this story on Nifty. After awhile, I just stopped posting there for various reasons. Glad you stumbled upon it again and enjoyed the ending. It took me awhile to get to the conclusion since I didn't know how to tie off such a huge story plot and cast. But at the end of the day I thought it was a happy and cheerful ending.

Thanks for reading and commenting!