[dkstories] Who is the Mole in Garret's organization?

Who is the Mole?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following (you can choose more than one) do you think is a mole?

• Davin
    • Devin
    • Aaron
    • Misaeko
    • lieutenant Montagne
    • Emoe
    • Trebs
    • Other
  2. 2. What about those caves?

• They will play a major roll in the story
    • They won't play a major role.
  3. 3. Aaron? What is he up to?

• He's knowingly working for the traitors.
    • He's unknowingly working for the traitors
    • He's innocent
    • He's a clone designed to influence Garret

From reading chapter25, it looks to me like the "Hand" group had inside info, becuase they knew that Garret would be amenable to going off alone and sent the guide to bring him to them.

So, does Garret have a mole in his organization? If so, whom? I've listed the likely suspects (for leaking information, including possibly to Garret's enemies) above, or choose "other" and name the culprit here in the thread.

For the second question, the huge caves were mentioned. Will they play a role? If so, how?

The third question involves Aaron.

Please weigh in with any opinions here! I can add to the poll if need be, too.

Edited by C James
I get the feeling that there are people besides me who don't like Aaron :great:

Ummm, Emoe, you do realize that, by agreeing with me, you are certain to be wrong? :P

I'm suspicious about Aaron, but I'm far more suspicious due to the way Garret behaves around Aaron.

That's why I wonder if Aaron was somehow created for this purpose. Look at his preference in clones before he met Garret: the same model.

It would also be very realistic irony that the people who consider clones an abomination saw fit to make one for their own purposes.

Ah, a poll! Polls are fun. ;)

I guess, that none of the mentioned characters are a mole. With Trebs and Emoe I'm not so sure, so I ticked both. :P

About the caves I suspect that they'll reappear, but won't play a major role.

Last, but not least, Aaron. I'm really not sure. I like him in a warped kind. But I'm pretty sure, that there's something more to him, than what's apparent until now. So I'm with "He's unknowingly working for the traitors".

Regards,

Daniel

Ummm, Emoe, you do realize that, by agreeing with me, you are certain to be wrong? :P

But I'm NOT agreeing with you, you are agreing with ME! :rolleyes:

It would also be very realistic irony that the people who consider clones an abomination saw fit to make one for their own purposes.

No more ironic than all those self-hating elected representatives we keep hearing about! :nuke:

Ah, a poll! Polls are fun. ;)

I guess, that none of the mentioned characters are a mole. With Trebs and Emoe I'm not so sure, so I ticked both. :P About the caves I suspect that they'll reappear, but won't play a major role.

Last, but not least, Aaron. I'm really not sure. I like him in a warped kind. But I'm pretty sure, that there's something more to him, than what's apparent until now. So I'm with "He's unknowingly working for the traitors".

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel!! A belated Happy Birthday BTW!

Yes, I see that Trebs and Emoe are leading on the suspect vote right now! :devil::great:

I figure it like this: they have access to the inside info, so that makes them suspects for leaking all over Calos! 0:)

I'm on the fence about Aaron being witting or unwitting. He seems sincere, but it is more Garret's reactions and Maseako's concerns that have me suspicious of Aaron.

But I'm NOT agreeing with you, you are agreing with ME! :rolleyes:

But if I agree with you, doesn';t that make you automatically wrong? :devil:

No more ironic than all those self-hating elected representatives we keep hearing about! :nuke:

How true, but the same dynamic would apply... Hypocrisy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I picked the Lieutenant as the one who passed information to The Hand (assuming they didn't make their own call based on known things like Garret's dinner with the woman in the grocery story), but I wouldn't otherwise consider him to be a mole. If there's a mole, it's more likely to be one of the administrative staff -- and probably one that has a lot to do with Aaron.

Aaron has already shown he as a loose tongue (he showed that when he first appeared, blabbing to Garret about what he'd been doing). A mole just needs to be near him, and maybe prompt a bit, to learn a lot of useful information. That's why I voted for "unwittingly helping the traitors".

I expect the caves to be involved during a space attack. There is still the rebel Admiral out there, and the Sol Empire that will be willing to take advantage of the situation. I'm expecting an attempt to re-take Calos, and the caves will be critical in the resolution of that.

I picked the Lieutenant as the one who passed information to The Hand (assuming they didn't make their own call based on known things like Garret's dinner with the woman in the grocery story), but I wouldn't otherwise consider him to be a mole. If there's a mole, it's more likely to be one of the administrative staff -- and probably one that has a lot to do with Aaron.

Aaron has already shown he as a loose tongue (he showed that when he first appeared, blabbing to Garret about what he'd been doing). A mole just needs to be near him, and maybe prompt a bit, to learn a lot of useful information. That's why I voted for "unwittingly helping the traitors".

I expect the caves to be involved during a space attack. There is still the rebel Admiral out there, and the Sol Empire that will be willing to take advantage of the situation. I'm expecting an attempt to re-take Calos, and the caves will be critical in the resolution of that.

Hmmmm... My thoughts on Aaron are very similar to your own, but in addition, I think he is affecting Garret in some artificial way as Garret seems to behave uncharictaristically when around Aaron. I think Aaron is being "run" by one of Garret's enemies. I still wonder about Tremere in that regard, too.

I think your point about "the hand" gaining info by Garret's willingness to go to that dinner is a darn good one! I hadn't thought of that.