• Site Administrator

I'm interesting in see it, though I suspect you work differently to me. My only concern would be how much having the plot outline available will detract from the story itself. If the story is the journey itself, I think it will be fine (and that certainly sounds like what it will be).

Early success can mature a person or make them more immature. Using Australian sporting examples, Ian Thorpe and Lleyton Hewitt would be near opposite ends of that spectrum. I can see that as a very rich area for exploration -- good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

That's a terrific idea! I saw your thread in the Writer's corner and read the background story and the themes associated. Seems like some really good stuff! And I'm damn sure that along with you, we're all going to learn lots. But what part do we play in this writing project?

By the way, what does Palouse mean?

Ieshwar

The Palouse River flows from Idaho through Eastern Washington into the Snake River, after tumbling over what I understand is an impressive falls.

The country around the river is called The Palouse. It is rolling wheat land cut into by deep canyons. The play of light and colors during the year makes it, I am told, a magical place. I've only been through it once, but during the course of the book, I'd like to make a more extended visit.

Washington State University in Pullman and the University of Idaho in Moscow are on the Palouse River.

Palouse is a native American tribe that inhabited this area. It's pronounced pah-loose.

rec

Hi,

That's a terrific idea! I saw your thread in the Writer's corner and read the background story and the themes associated. Seems like some really good stuff! And I'm damn sure that along with you, we're all going to learn lots. But what part do we play in this writing project?

By the way, what does Palouse mean?

Ieshwar