[NickolasJames8] Time in a Bottle

Things are looking better. I doubt having an affair as Raymond had with Charlie could be the cause of so much unhappiness, but he and Ronnie think so. But at least Ray had to talk with all of his family. Strange that the counseling is the thing that brings all these memories back to life. Especially when it has more trouble in tow. Let's hope Ray can find a little peace and stop regretting his past flaws. Still curious to find out where it's heading.

Awesome chapter Nick. :2thumbs:

This is a new phase for this family; they are communicating, going to counseling, and facing their problems together. As Raymond said in the last paragraph, there is a sense of hope. At some point I do expect Raymond to realize that he exposed Raymond JR to secondhand smoking, and that was the most probable cause for his lung cancer. The chapter does end on a positive note, and that is why I think that next chapetr will bring more sorrow and disaster.

Michael.

• 2 months later...
Things are looking better. I doubt having an affair as Raymond had with Charlie could be the cause of so much unhappiness, but he and Ronnie think so. But at least Ray had to talk with all of his family. Strange that the counseling is the thing that brings all these memories back to life. Especially when it has more trouble in tow. Let's hope Ray can find a little peace and stop regretting his past flaws. Still curious to find out where it's heading.

I think it's kinda funny how once they started to face their problems, the sun started to come out for them. It kinda makes me wonder what would have been different for them if they'd have dealt with things differently way back when the affair happened. It wouldn't have changed anything for Raymond Jr., but what about Richard and Robert?

Awesome chapter Nick. :2thumbs:

This is a new phase for this family; they are communicating, going to counseling, and facing their problems together. As Raymond said in the last paragraph, there is a sense of hope. At some point I do expect Raymond to realize that he exposed Raymond JR to secondhand smoking, and that was the most probable cause for his lung cancer. The chapter does end on a positive note, and that is why I think that next chapetr will bring more sorrow and disaster.

Michael.

I think Raymond and Mary are too stubborn and maybe a little ignorant to let themselves believe that second hand smoke made Raymond Jr. sick. In spite of all of the counseling, I think they still live in their own world. It's one where they might face a few truths, but other things can be swept under the rug because it's too painful for them to face or deal with.

• Site Administrator

Richard and Robert situation were, I think, more a function of Raymond Jr's death than their father's infidelity. It wouldn't be that simple, of course, but I think the only link would be that because of their father's infidelity, they may have had trouble talking to him about their own problems, and internalising them conrtibuted to the tragedies.