[DomLuka] Which Is Your Favourite Dom Story?

Which Is Your Favourite Dom Story?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Your Favourite Dom Story?

• The Lo(n)g Way
    • The Ordinary Us
    • Desert Dropping
    • With Trust
    • The Spirit of James
    • Under the Mistletoe
    • Valetine's Day Goes to the Dog

Hey everyone :D

I just thought it might be fun to do a poll to see what everyone's favourite is now that we're far enough into With Trust for people to make a judgement on it.

My favourite is by far The Log Way! Next up would probably be Desert Dropping but maybe The Ordinary Us it's a tough call. Then I guess With Trust, The Spirit of James, Under the Mistletoe, and Valetine's Day Goes to the Dog. Anyway for me definitely TLW :D

Take care everyone and have an awesome day!

Kevin

I have to agree. So far The Log Way has been my favorite by far, then I would have to go for The Spirit of James, then The Ordinary Us. As With Trust is not yet finished, I cannot adequately nor fairly make a judgement call on it (although it has the potential of being in my top 3). I must say that I have yet to be disappointed with any of Dom's writings (including the now"closed" blog ) . They have provided hours of comforting entertainment and each has its own special merits.

My all time favorite has to be Dessert Dropping, but you forgot to add one....Out with Harrison Polk.......here's the order for me.......

Dessert Dropping

The Log Way.

Out with Harrison Polk

With Trust

The Other Us

Under the Mistle Toe

Spirit of James

Valentines Day goes to the dog

Well guess I will be a conformist for once and agree with Lo(n)G Way, with DD coming in a near tie for second with The Ordinary Us. I didn't get to read anything but DD until it was compleated when i went on a marathon. I also liked Under the Mistletoe a lot but as a short story didn't see how to compare it to the others. Pax Steve

Well, i am a really big fan of all doms writing so its kind of hard to choice a favorite. But i would have to say The Ordinary Us would be it. Followed next by desert droppings (i loved seth).

I do have to point out that i think its unfair to compair doms short storys to his long ones. If there was another vote for the short storys i would pick Under the Mistle Toe. I really loved it. I also got to read Out with Harrison Polk just a few days ago and i hope i will get to see more of that some day cause i really enjoyed it. The log way was ok but it would be near the bottom of the list for me I didnt like really like Aiden. Dont ask me why i just dont lol. but other then aiden i really did like that story too. Btw who doesnt love Taylor?

later :D

Edited by Will
I just thought it might be fun to do a poll to see what everyone's favourite is now that we're far enough into With Trust for people to make a judgement on it.

Kevin, you and your british spelling :P

:D

The Ordinary Us is by far the best! :P All of them that I have read so far are good, but none are as good as The Ordinary Us. However, I have not been able to make myself read the Log Way... and I do not think that I will ever be able to. :(

The Ordinary Us all the way!! :2thumbs:

Kurt :D

With Trust is my favorite but that could just be because its the one I'm currently reading. But I just can't help but love the interaction between Milo and Nelson. And I check to see if its updated several times a day, even when I know its not going to be :*) .

-Kayla-

I'm rooting for With Trust at number 1, but again that could be because it's the one i'm reading..however that is followed by the log wa and closely by the ordinary us leaving DD at the end..

The Lo(n)g Way is by far my favorite. I don't think there was anything about that story that I didn't like. Next would be Desert Dropping followed by With Trust. I couldn't get into The Ordinary Us and felt the need to bash my head against the wall for most of it. Hmm. that's a strong reaction. :blink:

Anyway..TLW, definately TLW. :2thumbs:

I really liked all of DomLuka's story so far, but I agree that comparing oneshots with longer stories is very unfair to the short ones.

Apart from that, my favorite hasn't changed yet: The ordinary us!!! I completely got sucked into that story because the main character and his fears are just so vividly described, and his love interest is THE ideal boyfriend (still jealous), and the other cast mambers are juste really interesting too and don't seem to be stereotised (does that even exist in english? / I mean even the ex-girlfriend is an interesting character), and I agreee, Taylor rocks completely! (so many reasons you see...)

Number 2 used to be "the log way". That story is quite good really, but we'll see as "with trust" goes on because it certainly is an exciting story! ^_^

Dom hasn't been updating his blog for quite a while..i have been checking his blog daily..no news or posts from him for more than a week..i'm starting to get abit worried..Does anyone know if Dom is ok?

I really liked all of DomLuka's story so far, but I agree that comparing oneshots with longer stories is very unfair to the short ones.

Apart from that, my favorite hasn't changed yet: The ordinary us!!! I completely got sucked into that story because the main character and his fears are just so vividly described, and his love interest is THE ideal boyfriend (still jealous), and the other cast mambers are juste really interesting too and don't seem to be stereotised (does that even exist in english? / I mean even the ex-girlfriend is an interesting character)

Hey Annush :)

I think you're right, I almost left the short stories off the poll but then decided people would probably be saying I should have included them lol **shrugs** tough to win ;) . Of the short stories my favourite is definitely The Spirit of James

Oh and if you really were wondering the word is "stereotyped" in English. But you're English is AWESOME! I took French in high school and I really can't remember anything :(:(

Dom hasn't been updating his blog for quite a while..i have been checking his blog daily..no news or posts from him for more than a week..i'm starting to get abit worried..Does anyone know if Dom is ok?

Well there had be rumours that the blog was going to be closed, though I never heard that/read that directly from him so I don't know. However, either way I don't think we ought to worry, according to his profile he was online at GA yesterday. So he's probably fine.

Anyway take care everyone and have a great day!

Kevin

I'm a sucker for Milo, so my list is:

1. With Trust - I just love the whole interaction between Milo and Nelson. I like how the perspective of Nelson shows that although he has some of the same fears as Milo, he still takes a risk and puts himself out there. Milo, on the other hand, is very cautious and tries his hardest not to get hurt. He just assumes someone is trying to "frame" him, or they have some malicious motive. I love his character, especially those moments when he has to let his guard down if he wants to be with Nelson.

2. The Ordinary Us - I <heart> Jude. This was actually the first story I read by Dom, and at first I didn't intend on finishing it. Then I saw it again and decided to read it, and I got hooked. The way Dom goes through Quinn's coming out process was just so vivid and real. At the risk of sounding incredibly lame, it actually helped me come to terms with my own situation. But yeah, I like Jude's character a lot.

2. The Lo(n)g Way - The second story I read. I really liked how Aiden tried to get Owen to notice him, it was very cute. The whole courtship had me on the edge of my seat, and I liked how they interacted with each other. I really did not want this story to end, but the way Dom closed it gave me some closure, so all is good.

4. Desert Dropping - The title completely threw me off of reading this one at first. The fact that the description said it was in Arizona.. blech. Lol so when I finally started reading it, I found that my first impression was very wrong. I loved Luke's character, and couldn't wait for Rory and Luke to get together. When Aaron came into the picture, I found myself liking him too. But then.. Seth.. I just didn't see it. I don't really know what I had against Seth, he just seemed very bland no matter how much sweet things he did. I really loved this story when it was between Luke and Rory.. even when it was between Aaron and Rory.. but somehow it just didn't seem right when it became Seth and Rory. It's like Quinn choosing Tayler over Jude, it just wasn't right damnit! lol.. but it was well written regardless, and I admit that some of the things Seth did were f**kin sweet as hell. I just wished it could have been Luke to do those things. =(

5. Under the Mistletoe

5. The Spirit of James

5. Valentine's Day Goes to the Dog

I honestly can't remember what these stories were about, so I ranked them equally, lol.

My all time favorite has to be Dessert Dropping, but you forgot to add one....Out with Harrison Polk.......here's the order for me.......

Dessert Dropping

The Log Way.

Out with Harrison Polk

With Trust

The Other Us

Under the Mistle Toe

Spirit of James

Valentines Day goes to the dog

Out With Harrison Polk?

What is this OWHP of which you speak?

The Log Way wins way big for me because I liked the beginning, middle, and end. I'm looking forward to the sequel that Dom has promised about Dennis. Maybe Reilly could have one, too, if he's not part of the Dennis story. "This is a date?" The story should win on the strength of that line alone.

I didn't care for Desert Dropping in the beginning, and then it went on a long hiatus so that it didn't get a chance to grow on me. But when it started back up, my domiholicism got the better of me and I would check frequently to see if the next chapter was out. The contrivance of the last chapter bothered me, but I have to admit that Dom brought things together. (I'd have to reread it to sort out what things are inconsistencies, what are explained by development of characters and events, and what are explained by Rory's greater understanding, since we see through his eyes.) After all that emotional wear and tear, I needed some recovery time, so I haven't started With Trust. I plan to soon.

I didn't like The Ordinary Us at first, either. I never particularly warmed to Quinn and liked his mom less and less as I got to know her, but there is such a great cast of characters otherwise and the story and the writing are so good that it has to be a favorite, too. I hasten to add that I really did care what happened to Quinn, contrary to my implication above. He just bugged me enough that I can't say I particularly liked him. I'm hoping you can catch my drift. Surely some of you have cared about characters or real people that you didn't particularly like.

I really enjoyed the dog story. OK, maybe it is a bit cutesy, and I wouldn't want it to go for 30 chapters, but I really liked it as is. The Christmas one was fine. I haven't read the James story or Harrison Polk

Oh, and the last two Chapters of The Ordinary Us were OUTSTANDING!