- Rank: #0
- Total: 426
Single Status Update
June 10th - Holidays and Observances
(click on the day for details)
- Abolition Day (French Guiana)
- Army Day (Jordan)
- World Art Nouveau Day (Worldwide)
- International Heraldry Day
- Christian feast day:
- Navy Day (Italy)
- Portugal Day, also Day of Camões (Portugal and the Portuguese communities)
- Reconciliation Day (Republic of the Congo)
Observances (click on the day for details)
Iced Tea Day
June 10 is Iced Tea Day. Say hello to the summer and celebrate this delicious and refreshing holiday by treating yourself to a big glass of iced tea.
Iced tea is a beverage made by cooling or chilling brewed tea. Generally served with ice, iced tea is a popular beverage around the world and is usually made from green or black tea.
Iced tea can be served sweetened or unsweetened, plain or with added flavors - usually lemon or peach. Some countries, however, have their special version of this drink. In Brazil, it is made from Yerba Mate, while in Taiwan it is usually served with milk or condensed milk and tapioca pearls.
In some parts of the world, iced tea is made by steeping the tea in water for a longer time at a lower temperature instead of boiling the tea with water. Usually, this is done by leaving the tea in the Sun to steep. This is known as sun tea.
How to Celebrate?
- Mix up a fresh batch of ice tea and have your friends and family over to enjoy the day outdoors with some ice tea.
- Experiment with different flavors of ice teas. What about adding some summery fruits or perhaps some alcoholic liquor?
- In the Southern Hemisphere, and getting ready for the winter? Don't fret. Treat yourself to a tall glass of iced tea and enjoy the last few days of summer!
Did You Know…
…that tea is the second most popularly consumed beverage in the world? The first is water.
A man gets home early from work and hears strange noises coming from the bedroom. He rushes upstairs to find his wife naked on the bed, sweating and panting.
“What’s up?” he says.
“I’m having a heart attack,” cries the woman.
He rushes downstairs to grab the phone, but just as he’s dialing, his four-year-old son comes up and says, “Daddy! Daddy! Uncle Ted’s hiding in your closet and he’s got no clothes on!”
The guy slams the phone down and storms upstairs into the bedroom, walks past his screaming wife, and rips open the wardrobe door. Sure enough, there is his brother, totally naked, cowering on the closet floor.
“What are you doing!” says the husband. “My wife’s having a heart attack and you’re running around naked scaring the kids!”
Fortune tellers are so easy to buy clothes for—
they’re all mediums.
A gnome is in the garden busily destroying some bushes when a house cat appears. “What are you?” asks the cat.
“A gnome,” comes the reply. “I steal food from humans. I kill their plants and I love mischief. And what, may I ask, are you?”
The cat replies, “Um, I’m a gnome.”