Jump to content
  • Members Can Sign Up For Content Notifications

    Do you want to be automatically notified of updates to your favorite content?  Join now for free and follow your favorite stuff!

Bound & Bound – the Curse and the Captives –

   (2 reviews)

Emeric's life sucks; he's unhappy, drifting, lonely and sad. Things go from bad to crazy with the opening of a set of secrets that no one could have prepared him for. He quickly wonders whom he can trust, who is working for 'them,' and why this misfortune fell upon his shoulders in the first place. A twisting thread through history pulls him tighter and tighter, and eventually, either he or the binding may snap.

Please join in on the Bound & Bound forum here. All comments welcomed!

**at various times this story contains sexual situations (including male and female), violence, bigoted language, and gore**

Copyright © 2017 AC Benus; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

  • Like 20
  • Love 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

Just finished your book. I'm glad I started it after completion, for it deserves to be read in one piece, although this way I missed out on the forum dicussions.

I admire your use of language and the ability to make me feel the emotions that you gave your "children" as real ones.

I'd grant every gay man the love as given life by you between Emeric and Silviu or between Junayd and Ahmed.

Thanks for a moving novel.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 05/25/2015 09:18 PM, J.HunterDunn said:
Just finished your book. I'm glad I started it after completion, for it deserves to be read in one piece, although this way I missed out on the forum dicussions.

I admire your use of language and the ability to make me feel the emotions that you gave your "children" as real ones.

I'd grant every gay man the love as given life by you between Emeric and Silviu or between Junayd and Ahmed.

Thanks for a moving novel.

Thank you, J.HunterDunn, for a great review! I have had readers 'blame' this book for lack of sleep, missed meetings and social interactions, because once it's begun, B&B just wants to be read, no matter what else gets in the way!

 

Thank you for saying it moved you. That's the best kind of compliment.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Seems like an interesting story too scared to start cos it's not finished can u pls finish it so I can read it not finishing a story gives me nightmares hate not known what happens next

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Sussins said:

Seems like an interesting story too scared to start cos it's not finished can u pls finish it so I can read it not finishing a story gives me nightmares hate not known what happens next

The story is finished, so I'm not sure why it reads as In Process.  Maybe a glitch when the site upgraded?  I'm sure AC will look into it.  Anyway, I highly recommend this story.  You won't be disappointed.  It's one of my favorite stories on this site. :) 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Sussins said:

Seems like an interesting story too scared to start cos it's not finished can u pls finish it so I can read it not finishing a story gives me nightmares hate not known what happens next

This is an excellent story...you cant go wrong with any of AC's work.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I just found this story by way of a forum post by AC, and will have to put it away, for a while, after only one chapter. My initial reactions: First, I like the present tense. AC might have noticed that, when I comment on a chapter I am reading or editing, I often shift the language to present tense. I want to be there! Second, I haven’t looked at the tags, and I probably won’t look.  AC’s post says Emeric will be "slowly drawn into believing the impossible,” which is already more than I want to know. Third, this is going to be hard to put down. Cold turkey is the only way. Fourth, there’s always a bargain struck, without negotiation or discussion, between author and reader, covering, among other things, how to interpret clues. In this case, after only one chapter, I must agree that a raven when your name is Corvin is probably worse than a random bird in the bedroom, which is always unnerving.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 2/22/2018 at 8:54 PM, knotme said:

I just found this story by way of a forum post by AC, and will have to put it away, for a while, after only one chapter. My initial reactions: First, I like the present tense. AC might have noticed that, when I comment on a chapter I am reading or editing, I often shift the language to present tense. I want to be there! Second, I haven’t looked at the tags, and I probably won’t look.  AC’s post says Emeric will be "slowly drawn into believing the impossible,” which is already more than I want to know. Third, this is going to be hard to put down. Cold turkey is the only way. Fourth, there’s always a bargain struck, without negotiation or discussion, between author and reader, covering, among other things, how to interpret clues. In this case, after only one chapter, I must agree that a raven when your name is Corvin is probably worse than a random bird in the bedroom, which is always unnerving.  

An appreciation for the immediacy of a story told in present tense is something I gained doing screenplays. It's the standard with them, and offers a great colorful punch within a limited scope of words. So, yay! Glad you respond to it here. 

 

As for B&B being moor-ish...I've been told I'm bad and have gone all the way to addictive with this one. So, yes, prepare some time :)

 

Thanks for your comments, @knotme. I appreciate them.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

An appreciation for the immediacy of a story told in present tense is something I gained doing screenplays. It's the standard with them, and offers a great colorful punch within a limited scope of words. So, yay! Glad you respond to it here. 

You suggested i do Changes' first paragraph in present tense.. it really worked. xo

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I am so happy to have sent you this picture to explain what krumm means, otherwise I would have missed this story. This is such a great story. The characters are complex as are the different story lines, which cross each other and are composed to such a „spannende“ story (still found no English word for spannend). The historic setting was amazingly detailed described and the modern part of the story always let my mind rest and give it a little distance from the historical past. That was awesome. The love stories, which Bound&Bound held were each for its own great. And I loved the deep reaching characters. I cried, I laughed, I was annoyed with the characters to make stupid decisions sometimes, happy if they had great moments and I read on and on feverishly.

There was more than one moment I felt awfully sad for a character, but I must admit, that I feel most sad for Gretza. She stands for the great tragedy of smart strong women in her time. No chance to be, what they could have been. What role could she have picked up, if not "walking womb" or "virgin saint", yes she must have been the witch. Giving in child marriage, with nothing to say to it. I wonder, who could she have been in modern times. You described her tragedy artfully and with lots of aspects to give her more layers and facets. I so liked it. In my opinion she is the best written character of the story. Closely followed by Junayd and Ahmet, which are both amazing characters, with a heartbreaking story.

Of course, I loved Silviu and Emeric as well, but they are easy to love, what you already know, because you wrote them this way.

Conclusion: I will send you random pictures from now day on, to look, if they bring up the names of stories you wrote, so I won't miss out a single one. (hehe)

For everyone else, who has not already read this story, I recommend to read it soon. 🙂

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, Lyssa said:

I am so happy to have sent you this picture to explain what krumm means, otherwise I would have missed this story. This is such a great story. The characters are complex as are the different story lines, which cross each other and are composed to such a „spannende“ story (still found no English word for spannend). The historic setting was amazingly detailed described and the modern part of the story always let my mind rest and give it a little distance from the historical past. That was awesome. The love stories, which Bound&Bound held were each for its own great. And I loved the deep reaching characters. I cried, I laughed, I was annoyed with the characters to make stupid decisions sometimes, happy if they had great moments and I read on and on feverishly.

There was more than one moment I felt awfully sad for a character, but I must admit, that I feel most sad for Gretza. She stands for the great tragedy of smart strong women in her time. No chance to be, what they could have been. What role could she have picked up, if not "walking womb" or "virgin saint", yes she must have been the witch. Giving in child marriage, with nothing to say to it. I wonder, who could she have been in modern times. You described her tragedy artfully and with lots of aspects to give her more layers and facets. I so liked it. In my opinion she is the best written character of the story. Closely followed by Junayd and Ahmet, which are both amazing characters, with a heartbreaking story.

Of course, I loved Silviu and Emeric as well, but they are easy to love, what you already know, because you wrote them this way.

Conclusion: I will send you random pictures from now day on, to look, if they bring up the names of stories you wrote, so I won't miss out a single one. (hehe)

For everyone else, who has not already read this story, I recommend to read it soon. 🙂

Thank you, Lyssa. When I sent you the link to Bound & Bound I included a warning: Don't start chapter 1 unless you have a large block of free time. This novel has been known to be habit-forming ;) 

My warning proved sage, because I could monitor your progress. You devoured this novel, all 155,000 words, in record time! That tells me you could not put it down, and since it was one of my goals to write this kind of book, I'm always glad to see it's irresistible.

As for Lady Gretza, thank you. I do not like to write characters at all, but people. No one-dimensional, cardboard-flat cliches, but people with good and bad traits. Yes, Gretza would be a fulfilled woman in our day, and move things even more towards gender equality. I'm pleased you feel as I do and mentioned it here :)

Thanks again for reading this and leaving me a wonderful set of comments! Muah       

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..