Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Many chapters contain brutal violence.

The Mantis Equilibrium - Book Two - 19. Chapter 19 - The Principal Messiah

She's not happy.

The Principal Messiah glared at the officer who delivered the news. “What do you mean the Spritehood warehouse was destroyed?” she asked through gritted teeth.

It was barely sunrise.

“Affirmative, milady,” the man said in a shaky voice. “We can’t tell what happened, but the building collapsed.”

“Was there anything of value in it?”

The man sucked air between his lips. “Well, it all had value, milady.”

She snapped her reply at him. “Was anything important destroyed?!”

“I don’t think so, milady. We haven’t received any decent artifacts in months. There were some old military formal costumes, but nothing of real value. Where are we supposed to store this week’s shipment when it arrives.”

“There’s never more than a few crates at a time,” she growled, “so I expect you to figure it out. I also expect a full report before sundown,” she demanded. “And find Vion. I want to see him, now.”

What will Vion be ordered to do?
Copyright © 2023 Adam Andrews Johnson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Thank you for sticking with my crazy story!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So the main Messian warehouse was destroyed. No living beings were killed. It is an inconvenience at the time.

Vion has been called to report to the Principal Messiah. I assume he will be tasked with getting retribution. His attack should result in deaths of many shifts. Then shifts have set up a guard force and might be a tough opponent this time.

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

So the warehouse was destroyed but it contained nothing of real value to the Messiah.  The only good thing maybe that they do not realize yet that the same group attacking their people are behind this destruction as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I think it is time to retrench, solidify the guard force rotation, have reserves in place to meet any opponent and securing your homes and businesses...

Edited by drsawzall
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..