Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Many chapters contain brutal violence.

The Mantis Equilibrium - Book Two - 22. Chapter 22 - An Unexpected Guest

Very short chapter.

S’Kay, Gawa, and Eroli headed through the darkness onto the old Oselian airstrip near their secret hideout.

“We should be in Shifton!” Eroli declared. “They need our help!”

Gawa wore a look of concern on her face. The patterns that rippled across her skin moved in an unnerving way. “I’m worried about the resistance.”

“They can take care of themselves,” S’Kay replied in an icy voice.

“But we started all of this,” Eroli mumbled miserably.

“Yes,” S’Kay agreed, as she ducked under the warning signs, “we did start all of this,” but then a loud voice that none of them were expecting spoke from inside their secret lair.

“And you cannot stop now.”

It's someone important.
Copyright © 2023 Adam Andrews Johnson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
Thank you for sticking with my crazy story!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

It seems someone else knows and possibly all along. Tuala must have told them.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Returning home the three who started it all disagreed. S'Kay does not want to help the shifts who the messiah's are attacking in revenge their killing messiah's. They are still unknown as the killers and hidden from the messiah's/

 

But someone does know they are the killers. That individual is waiting for them in their home.

 

Will they take responsibility for their actions and support the other shifts?

Edited by scrubber6620
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Okay, that was just annoying as hell.  LOL.  I really don't like S'kay.  I sort of do Eroli.  Gawa annoys me, way to wishy washy.  Is the voice Tuala or someone else?

I really believe that Eroli is right; if they are going to start all of this, then they need to defend those being attacked because of their actions.  They don't have to announce, We are the Killers, but at least protect those that are being hurt by your actions.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..