Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Many chapters contain brutal violence.

The Mantis Equilibrium - Book Two - 30. Chapter 30 - Auntie Peg & Ninyani, Part Two

Where are they headed?

“Hurry up,” Auntie Peg urged. Her voice sounded stressed.

Ninyani’s hand was in hers as they rushed along.

She made a frustrated noise and asked rhetorically, “Why didn’t Ilya fly back with you?”

“Because you two were upset,” Ninyani replied.

Auntie Peg gave his fingers a squeeze. “You’re not wrong about that,” she said. She then asked him, “You understand what we’re requesting of you, right? I can only begin to comprehend how much it means to you, but I agree with her that it’s probably the only way, and thank you for your willingness to offer freely.”

Auntie Peg continued. “In most people’s eyes, anyone who does this is a villain,” she stated plainly. “I don't know what people will think afterward.”

Ninyani interjected. "I would give anything of mine to help someone else. All of you have helped me so much.”

Suddenly Auntie Peg slammed to a halt and extended her arm out to the side in front of Ninyani.

Ahead of them was a thick dust cloud that filled the street.

“I don't like the look of that,” she said, and she led him away from it to the southern edge of the Spritehood.

There was a slight drizzle, but the sun was coming up, and the two hustled along above the water under the lightening sky. They took a path to the border of the industrial district. They then turned north and followed a street up to Gate Town.

No more violence raged, but buildings were burning, and ahead of them, Auntie Peg saw bodies in the streets. The muffled cries of the dying could be heard at a distance.

“This way!” she said in a singsong voice that sounded nervous. She led Ninyani through the neighborhood and did her best to keep him away from any of the grisly scenes.

“Two blocks,” she declared, but as they rounded the last corner, Auntie Peg and Ninyani slammed to a halt. They found their friends.

“…and you’ve been like a big sister to Ninyani.” Dozi stopped telling the story of Tchama’s life with her and Ilya, and she looked up. Tears were streaming from her eyes.

The mystic raced over to Auntie Peg and Niyani. “Is this gonna work?” he asked in a choked voice. He looked back at Tchama.

Ilya was cradling her on the concrete.

Tchama was conscious, but she was writhing in pain, and she was missing an arm

Now what?
Copyright © 2023 Adam Andrews Johnson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
Thank you for sticking with my crazy story!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

I had thought Dozi would get Ninyani's Mantis gland, but the attack on Tchama has changed things.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

It seems to be assumed that Ninyani can save Tchama. How can she do it?

Is it possible to reverse her power to draw out life from a body and add life back into a body? Can she use her power to save Tchama?

It is a very sad situation,

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, scrubber6620 said:

It seems to be assumed that Ninyani can save Tchama. How can she do it?

Is it possible to reverse her power to draw out life from a body and add life back into a body? Can she use her power to save Tchama?

It is a very sad situation,

I think you have Lahari in mind. All Ninyani can do is let Tchama have the Mantis gland he got from Bulog. It's an interesting thought about Lahari's power.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Ninyani is giving freely the mantis gland that he got when the old god died.  He does this without question because he has a good heart and is too young to have been corrupted.  Let us hope it works.

  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..