Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Of Family - 4. Trouble At The Ranch

There is a little violence, and some graphic language. However, no death, or homophobia. Oh, and no bunnies were harmed.

Milo & Jaycen

Milo Walsh was a very unfortunate looking individual with a personality to match. He always looked for easy money, so it was no surprise he got himself involved with drugs. He’d been working at the ranch when the three brothers discovered he was selling crystal meth on their property. He also tried to sell some of their horses by saying owned them, and they were just kept on the ranch. Milo’s lawyer was able to get him out on bail while he waited for trial. Not intending to stay around, Milo decided to skip town and create a new identity somewhere else, but not before paying a visit to the Stillmans. He wanted revenge on the three he blamed for his arrest because they didn’t take his bribe to look the other way.

Milo patiently surveyed the house from the shadows. He knew he’d have to take his former employers by surprise, because physically he was no match for them. Staying hidden, he waiting for his chance. A few minutes later, he saw Troy head for the office. Taking a cloth from his pocket, he soaked it in chloroform. Silently, he crept along the building’s wall. As soon as Troy reached the office door, Milo struck. He quickly grabbed Troy in a choke hold, and pressed the rancid smelling rag over his prey’s nose and mouth. The struggling body soon became limp in his arms. Pulling some zip ties from his jeans, Milo proceeded to restrain the unconscious man, and dragged him behind the office building. Back in the safety of the shadows, he waited again.

Almost an hour slowly ticked by, before Jaycen returned. Becoming impatient, and wanting to see more carnage, Milo dragged Troy from hiding. He then rolled the still unconscious man in front of the office door. He drew his revolver, fired a shot in the air, and retreated to the shadows. Rotting teeth showed, as Milo smiled evilly. The repulsive man found it comical to watch Jaycen frantically emerge from the house yelling for Troy.

Who the fuck did this to you baby.” Jaycen quickly ran to his husband’s stationary body. Immediately, Jaycen felt for a pulse before cradling his longtime partner in his arms. Setting his rifle down. Jaycen reached for his knife to free Troy, when a glint of metal caught his eye. Quickly, he picked up his rifle, stood, and faced the figure emerging from hiding.

Hey boss man.” Milo greeted his former boss with disdain. Staring at the gun pointed at him, Jaycen instinctively fired his gun, just missing his target’s shoulder. Unfortunately, he wasn’t as lucky. Milo took aim, and shot Jaycen’s arm causing the red head to drop his gun, and cry out in pain. The chloroformed rag did the trick again, and Jaycen was placed beside Troy. Milo hid once more, knowing Levie couldn’t be too far away. “Now to wait for the runt.”

Greg

Greg pulled up to the house, saw Jaycen storm out of the house, and run towards the office building. Knowing something was wrong, Greg left his truck, and followed. Just before he reached Jaycen, he saw an unkempt, armed man come from the left side of the building. Hoping like hell he wasn’t spotted, Greg quickly hid on the other side of the building. He gasped in shock and horror, as he watched his brother get shot and tied up. He wanted to help his new family, but knew he couldn’t get caught in the process. Greg started looking for something to distract the attacker. Finally, he spotted a decent sized rock, as he picked it up, he prayed the guys would forgive him for breaking their window. Taking a deep breath, he heaved it through the back window.

Once Milo went to investigate the noise, Greg sprung into action. He tore off his shirt, and ran over to Jaycen. Quickly, he wrapped his shirt around the bleeding wound, as he started to leave, Greg felt a slight nudge on his leg. Looking to his right, he saw a very groggy, but thankful Troy smile at him before slightly tossing his head in the direction of the office. Leaning down, he gently kissed Troy’s cheek. “I’ll be back with help Bropop. I love you.Greg promised, just before he heard Milo’s approach. Back at his truck, Greg frantically picked up his phone and started dialing.

Sheriff Jackson speaking.”

Sheriff, my name is Greg Wilmont, I’m Levie Stillman’s boyfriend. I’m at their ranch, and just witnessed an ex employee shoot Jaycen Stillman in the arm. Both Jaycen and Troy are tied up. I think the attacker is waiting to ambush Levie also. I was able to distract him, and tied my shirt around Greg’s wound to stop the bleeding.”

Shit, my deputy and I are a bit tied up with a bad accident in town. I know The Stillmans very well. Where is Levie?”

He’s next door at Oak Ridge.”

Okay, I’m telling you this off the record. If it were anyone else but Levie, I wouldn’t be saying this at all. Those three are like brothers to me. Levie can do a lot more than me at the moment. Get to him, and tell him everything. I’m sure the two of you can handle the situation. Deputy Wallace and I will be there with paramedics as soon as possible. Just be safe young man, and thank you for being brave enough to help Jayce.”

Jayce and Troy are my brothers now Sheriff. I’m not ever gonna just sit by and watch something happen to them or Lev. Not if I can still move.” Greg ended the call, threw his truck in gear, and sped off towards Oak Ridge. “Well, I can’t say this has been a boring day.” Greg thought as he squealed tires hitting the main road.

Levie & Greg

Levie had just finished looking at the house and was headed to the barn when he felt a desperate sense of fear and anxiety. Immediately, he knew Greg was in some kind of distress. Hurriedly, Levie gathered his notepad, phone, then locked the door. He’d just started his jeep, and was about to pull off when he saw Greg speeding up the drive. The blue/purple tinted truck skidded to a stop, just before hitting Levie’s front end. “Hey, babe, cutting it a bit close aren’t ya?” Levie quipped as Greg hastily jumped out of the vehicle, and into the jeep.

I wish I could joke babe, but our Bropops need us. An ex employee ambushed them, Jayce was shot in the arm, and they’re both tied up. I was able to wrap my shirt around Jay’s arm and stop the bleeding, after I distracted the fucker by breaking a window in the office.”

Tears of anger, love, and fear streamed down Levie’s cheeks as he wrapped Greg in the strongest embrace he could. “Babe, you could’ve been shot.” Levie said between his sobbing. As much as he wanted to head over there, he knew he had to get himself under control or they’d wreck.

Hey, I’m fine. When I saw Jayce get hurt I had to at least try to stop the bleeding. Seeing him and Troy lying there not moving and helpless, gave me the courage to help in anyway I could. In addition to my foster family, you guys are my family now. You, Troy, and Jayce are my future.”

Levie leaned over, and kissed Greg. “Thank you for loving us so much. Now, buckle up, we’re gonna go kick some ass. No one fucks with my Dads. I’m taking us across the field and onto the old stage coach road that runs between the properties. It’ll be rough, but it cuts time.” Revving the jeep, Levie took off. They were going fast enough to slightly jump the ditch and land on the dirt road. Greg held tightly to his seat, never once closing his eyes, or fearing Levie would lose control.

Did you call the sheriff?” Levie yelled over the sound of the wind and flying gravel.

Yeah, he told me he and the deputy are tied up with a bad accident in town. He said that you three are like brothers. He also told me unofficially, to get you, because you’re able to help save Jayce and Troy.”

Levie grinned. “He’s right. Hell I’ve trained his deputy in marksmanship. I need you to do two things. First, when we stop, I need my crossbow and arrows. They’re under my seat.” Levie skidded to a stop, causing the jeep to quake side to side.

What’s the second?” Greg asked as he handed the items to his lover.

Untie my Dad’s, and make sure you three stay safe.” Levie thought a moment before opening his glove box and pulling out his .38 snub nosed revolver. “Do you know how to shoot?” He asked as he handed over the gun, butt first.

I’ve never shot a gun outside of skeet shooting.” Greg swallowed his hesitance, and took the offered weapon.

The safety is on, you take it off by clicking it to the right. Make sure you don’t aim it unless you intend to use it. Please, keep my Dad’s safe if anything happens to me. I love all three of you, and couldn’t bear to lose you guys.”

Both Levie and Greg took a moment to wipe their tears, and compose themselves. The anxious couple shared a quick kiss before going to rescue their loved ones. “I love you.” They said in unison, as they split up in different directions.

Milo, Levie, & Greg

Milo was getting more anxious and impatient by the second. He didn’t think things would take this long. The anger and his violent nature were rapidly taking control of what little common sense he possessed. “Levie, I know you’re out here somewhere. Unless you show yourself, your brothers will be in a world of hurt.” Feeling the need to put actions behind his words, Milo began furiously kicking and hitting both Troy and Jayce wherever he could. His demonic laugh was fueled by his hostage’s tortured grunts and pained expressions. “Come out you cowardly bastard, I long to see your face.” Milo had just thrown a hard punch to Troy’s already bloody and bruised face, and kicked him square in the ribs causing a pain filled yelp from the helpless man.

Levie forced his anger filled scream back down his throat. Seeing someone maliciously hurt either Jaycen or Troy was like being hit in the gut with a sledgehammer.

Milo was about to administer another powerful kick to Jaycen’s writhing body, when an arrow whizzed past his face, snipping a piece from the tip of his ear before sticking into a tree. Yowling in pain, Milo gripped his ear, and turned to face the archer.

Be careful what you wish for, it just might come true. Let my Dad’s go, and give yourself up.”

The steel coldness of Levie’s voice mixed with the burning fire in his eyes sent shivers through the men facing him. Greg took advantage of the distraction, pulled his knife from his pocket, and proceeded to free his new family. After ensuring they could walk, he helped them get inside the office for cover.

Levie stood with his crossbow aimed at his former employee, taking notice of Milo’s slight quaking. Narrowing his eyes, Levie slowly changed his position so he could block access to the building. “You’re one to talk of someone being a coward, you fucking slime. The only way you could capture my brothers was to ambush them. You weren’t even man enough to take either of them on in a fair fight.” From the office, Troy, and Jaycen watched Levie, with immense pride, and just a touch of fear. They’d never seen their younger brother so enraged, yet so in control of his emotions. It also didn’t escape them, being called Dads.

Milo Walsh, you’re under arrest. Throw down your weapon.”
The sheriff’s sudden appearance made Milo turn and shoot off two rounds at the law men. They ducked as the bullets went just over their heads. Before he could get another shot, Levie aimed his crossbow, and shot an arrow right in the center of the armed man’s right ass cheek. With a sudden painful cry, Milo fell face forward to the ground, writhing is agony.

Kneeling down, Levie forcibly grasped Milo’s chin, and lifted his repulsive face so their eyes could meet. “Just so you know, I could’ve taken you out at anytime. Oh, and don’t ever fuck with my family again.”

Holy pain in the ass Batman.” Deputy Wallace and Sheriff Jackson both shuddered involuntarily as they watched the arrow pierce Milo’s skin. Not even a minute later, the ranch was filled with medical personnel, and the flashing lights of ambulance’s. There were also continuous flashes going off from the local news reporters.

As soon as his adrenaline rush ended, Levie was in the middle of a massive group hug. Both he and Greg were blushing from the praise that was heaped on them from the older Stillman couple. Reluctantly, Levie was separated from his brothers by the EMT’s, who after some heavy negotiating were able to get both Troy and Jaycen into an ambulance and on their way to the hospital. Once they’d given a preliminary statement to Jackson, Levie and Greg jumped into Troy’s Hyundai Sonata, and sped off to join their Bropops.

For anyone interested, my love for Dukes Of Hazzard inspired a couple of the vehicles in this story. Dixie ('79 CJ7 Jeep) was my fav vehicle.
Copyright © 2021 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 9
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. Milo was lucky to get away with a pain in his butt, it sounds like Levie could have caused much more pain.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Milo was lucky to get away with a pain in his butt, it sounds like Levie could have caused much more pain.

It's been fun doing this chapter. I thought I'd worked everything out, till I started writing this morning. And even after submitting it, I was still tweaking things here and there. I wanted Levie and Greg to have a chance to let their inner strength and love really shine through. Levie also needed a chance to let his true feelings about his brothers be known.

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, chris191070 said:

Great rewrite, the chapter flows more smoothly.

Thanks, I was hoping the added dialog and exploration of emotions worked. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

We 'wonder' no more, it works...very well!! Well done, a pain in the butt for 'a pain in the butt'!! :2thumbs:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

The whole reason I wrote this story was because I was looking for a fun nickname to describe an older sibling who's been a combination of parent and sibling. Bropop was the first thing that came to me. And then I had this vision of a young Levie smiling proudly and jumping up with his fist in the air as he came up with it. LOL

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

The right place, good timing and great teamwork by Levie and Greg combined to save the Bropops.  Sounds like Levie is a bit dangerous.  That asshole, Milo, is probably lucky Levie only gave him a second hole in his ass.

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, raven1 said:

The right place, good timing and great teamwork by Levie and Greg combined to save the Bropops.  Sounds like Levie is a bit dangerous.  That asshole, Milo, is probably lucky Levie only gave him a second hole in his ass.

He's protective, not dangerous. Milo wouldn't be breathing, if Levie were truly dangerous. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..