Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A New Family Unit - 9. A Time To Heal

The family gathers at the hospital.

Taylor

"Landon, who's my next client?" The redhead asked.

Taylor had been swamped ever since he walked in the gym's door. It was a never-ending rotation of clients who preferred the muscular redhead working with them during their workouts over any other trainer. Because of that, the owner hadn't been in his office more than five minutes... when he first opened up. The redhead finally sat down for the first time in hours.

Landon walked in the open office door. "It's that arrogant asshole who always thinks he's the most important being on the freakin' planet." He turned his head when he heard raised voices. "Incoming." He quickly headed back to his desk.

Taylor shook his head. "Fuck, I hate working with that man." He said to himself as he picked up his phone, checking his messages. The redhead almost fell to the floor when he saw all the calls and nine-one-one texts from his brother. Immediately, he called Zach.

"You tell Taylor that I'm here and will not be kept waiting. I need a massage." The boisterous man's voice boomed.

"Sir! Please, sit down, and Taylor will be with you sho..." Landon's sentence was cut short by a very agitated Taylor running out of his office.

Taylor rushed by his assistant and the impatient man waiting for him. "Landon, I've got to get to the hospital. Devie and Sam are hurt and unconscious. I'm gonna be unavailable for the time being, but I will check in."

Gordon grabbed Taylor's arm as the man ran past, almost knocking them both to the floor. "The fucking hell you're leaving. I demand to..." The slightly older man started to say but was cut off when he was forced back into the wall, hitting it with a resounding thud. The man's eyes widened, and he gasped when Taylor glared at him and growled.

"If you ever touch me or anyone in this gym again, I will have your ass arrested for assault and battery." He paused. "In fact, Landon."

"Yeah, boss."

"Make sure it gets around that Mr. Welston is permanently banned from this property and is to be arrested for trespassing if he ever steps foot on the premises." Taylor got right in the quaking man's face. "And, if you think you're going to sue me, I'm warning you, everything that's happened and been said is being recorded and saved in different locations. Fuck with me if ya wanna. I'll bury your ass in lawsuits and legal paperwork." Taylor turned and ran out the door.

Chris

The domestic dispute situation didn't go as Chris expected. When he pulled up to the house, he was the first one to arrive. The blonde man sat in his car waiting until he saw a lamp come flying through the picture window, followed by the sound of gunshots. The social worker opened his glove box and pulled out his pocket pistol, a .22caliber Beretta twenty-one Bobcat. He made sure the safety was on and that it was loaded. Chris put a call into his police contact and warned him about the shots fired and the lamp. Despite being asked to wait, Chris told the officer he was armed and going to make sure lives wasn't in danger. The blonde hung up and kept the gun pointed toward the ground as he carefully made his way to the house.

Chris hunched down on the side of the open door that hung partly off its hinges. "I'm with social services. The police are on their way." He hollered to announce his presence before entering. As he quietly moved through the house, he took in his surroundings. For such a violent display, the place looked in pretty decent shape. Chris was expecting to see blood everywhere. He heard voices the closer he got to the kitchen.

"Okay, that was a great test run, guys. We'll keep things the way they are and work with the script."

Chris stood against the wall and peered into the room. He saw video cameras and some high school-aged kids, or maybe, they were first or second-year college-age kids standing around the table.

The blonde guy at the head of the table addressed the group. "What if we move the fight.." He paused when he saw movement by the door. "Who’s there?"

Chris came around the corner with his gun still at the ready.

"Whoa, who the fuck are you?" The blonde guy asked as a couple of the guys slowly guided the girls behind them for their protection.

Chris looked around and made sure to assess everyone's physical appearance. "I'm with social services. I announced myself before entering. The police are gonna be here in just a few minutes." He didn't retract his weapon just yet.

"What do you mean, police?" One of the girls asked as she came from behind a tall redheaded boy.

"I'm confused as well, sir. Umm, please, could you at least put the gun away. Firearms...real firearms make me nervous." The blonde guy was slightly shaking and doing his best to hide it.

"Not till I get some answers. A minute after I pulled up to the house, a lamp crashed through the window, followed by gunshots. That's when I retrieved my weapon and came in here to make sure no one was in danger of dying."

"I'm still not understanding why you're here, mister." The blonde guy stated as he started to calm down. "I own this house, and to my knowledge, it's not illegal to film a movie for a class project in your own home."

Chris sighed and finally placed his weapon in his pocket with the safety on. "So, all this is just a rehearsal?" The blonde leaned against the wall and started giggling. "Why didn't you tell your neighbors? The police got a call from the lady across the street. She said there was screaming, gunshots, and noises like someone was getting their ass beat or killed."

The blonde guy shook his head after smacking himself. "I forgot to let the neighbors know we were filming our project here."

Everyone jumped when a voice called out for everyone to come out with their hands up. Chris held his hands up and left to speak with the officers. The police searched the house, and they gave the owner a reminder to let the neighbors know when they were doing something like that again and left. Chris was still giggling as he headed back to his car. However, his giggles ended when he saw the numerous calls from his husband and rushed to the hospital.

The Hospital

Zach rushed into the emergency room, and when it was his turn, he told the man at the admittance desk that one of his brothers and nephew were just brought in by the ambulance. The man gave Zach the usual forms to fill out and asked him to wait. The redhead pulled out his phone and did his investigator thing to look up the vital info on Sam and Devon. He was also able to pull up his health insurance info, and then he filled out the form as if he already knew the specifics.

Taylor and Chris ended up getting to the hospital at the same time. They almost collided at the ER door. They stopped a second to catch their breath and then giggled as they hugged each other. The brothers entered the waiting room and immediately headed for Zach. The younger redhead jumped up and ran to his mate and brother's open arms. Tears streamed down their cheeks as the trio took a moment to savor the loving embrace. None of them noticed Edna, standing inside the entrance holding Justin's and Cillian's hands as they gave the men their time.

"Babe, what happened?" Chris asked as he followed his husband to the chairs.

"There's a lot to discuss, bro." Zach continued to fill out the forms.

"Not that I'm complaining, bro. How'd you get the info on Sam and Devie to fill those out?" Taylor asked.

Zach giggled. "Tay, your baby bro is one of the best information finders in the business." The redhead paused and made a show of buffing his nails. "If Zach Love can't find it, it's not to be found." A second later, the three men were doubled over and laughing.

"So, what's to discuss? Oh great, Zach Love?" Chris asked as he wrapped his mate in a headlock and gave him a noogie and side tickle. His giggles blended with his husband's as the redhead squirmed and squealed that he'd get revenge.

Edna slowly approached the men, with the teens in tow. "Well, for one thing, guys, your father is dead."

Tayor and Chris turned and gasped when they saw their Mom's bruised face. Their boys ran to the Dads and jumped into their laps, crying on the men's shoulders.

"Mom, what are...?" Taylor wiped his tears as he soaked up Cillian's affection. He looked to his right and saw Chris in the same position.

"Tay, Babe, I need you both to hold our kids, and promise me you won't judge Mom or get pissed until you hear the story in its entirety, please," Zach stated as he hugged his brother and husband.

Taylor and Chris nodded and held their teens as Zach and Edna gave them the whole story. The two men had tears streaming down their cheeks as they listened to the hell their Mom lived through so that Taylor and Zach wouldn't be so severely abused. By the end of the sordid tale, the family Matriarch was the center of a group hug.

"Taylor, your Sam's a remarkable man. When I showed up at your house, which is gorgeous, by the way. Sam, was so inviting, accommodating, and loving. The man was in terrible pain, yet he tried to tell Zach to keep the boys with him, and then Sam tried to fight your Dad, to protect me." Edna had to pause and wipe her eyes.

"It's okay, Grandma. I'm sure Devie and Daddy Sam's gonna be okay." Cillian said as he and Justin wrapped their arms around the older woman, sending all their love into her.

Zach, Taylor, and Chris were wiping their tears as they watched their boys being so supportive and loving toward their estranged Grandmother. It was a surprise to them to see her returning the affection.

"Who's here for Sam and Devon Miller?"

"We are." Taylor stood up with his hands being held by his brothers.

“I’m Dr. Shinheart.” The doctor said as he shook everyone’s hand.

"How are my son, and Grandson, Dr. Shineheart?" Edna asked as she also stood with her boys and grandkids.

Taylor and Chris couldn't keep the look of shock and sheer pleasure from their faces when they heard their Mom ask about her son and Grandson.

"Devon's fine. He is very active and responsive. That's a very loving and ticklish teen you've got there." The doctor chuckled along with the family.

"And, my Uncle Sam?" Justin asked. This time he somehow managed to keep from giggling.

"Yes, Sam. He's not awake yet. He sustained some bruised and cracked ribs. Also, he's suffered a concussion. I'd like to keep him here for observation tonight and possibly tomorrow."

"When can we see my brother and nephew, doctor?" Zach asked as he laid his head on Taylor's shoulder and held his husband's hand.

"As soon as we get him moved into a room. We'll send someone to get you. Then, I'd like to keep the visitors to the adults, just for now." He paused. "On second thought, I'm changing what I just said. I think that you'll all be integral to Mr. Miller's recovery." He chuckled. "I'm also guessing Devie will want to see his...Cillie and Brocuz, Justin."

"Thanks, doctor," Chris said as the professional left them.

Taylor slumped in the chair and sobbed. Cillian and Justin walked over, and they sat beside the emotional man and hugged him. Zach, Chris, and Edna joined their teens in the loving moment. "I love you all." The red-haired man said as he gave each person a kiss.

"We love you too, son." Edna patted her oldest son's hand.

"Mom, why didn't you take us, and leave Dad?" Zach asked as Cillian crawled onto his lap and cuddled against him.

"Where was I gonna go, baby boy? I had no skills, no money, and I was pregnant with Taylor's older brother."

Taylor, Zach, and Chris asked at once. "What?"

Edna couldn't stop the laughter from pouring from her lips. "Yes, Tay, you had an older brother. Unfortunately, he was stillborn." Edna paused and wiped her eyes. "Then, one year later, you were born."

"Mom, I'm so sorry for what you went through," Zach said as he embraced his Mom and kissed her cheek.

A few minutes later, the family was told they could go see their loved ones. Taylor immediately went to Devon's bed.

"How are you feeling, my brave baby boy?" Taylor asked.

"I'm fine, Daddy-Tay." Devon started crying. "I'm sorry, I couldn't protect my Daddy."

"Devie, you're one of the three bravest boys I've ever met," Edna stated as she leaned over and kissed the emotional teen.

"Yeah, babe, the way you jumped on that man's back was totally badass," Cillian said. The teen giggled when he saw the adult's expressions. He gently smoothed the other teen's hair as he leaned down and kissed Devon's lips, causing the brunet to blush and giggle.

"What am I, chopped liver?" Sam asked. The brunet softly chuckled, then moaned and gently held his ribs.

"Sampup, you're awake." Taylor walked over and gently kissed his brunet mate. "I love you, baby boy."

Sam turned his head and coughed. "I love you too, Taybear."

This was a good chapter for me. @BoyLove @chris191070 Thank you, for being great sounding boards and helping me decide what story to work on. I love you two.
Thanks for reading, reacting, and commenting
Love, y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. It was perfect, loved the gym scene, I doubt if we've seen the last of Mr Welston.

The students rehearsals was so funny.

The hospital scene was awesome, just enough information, so that you didn't get bogged down.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

That was a very emotional and happy chapter you wrote. Love the way Taylor handled the situation with Gordon😂. The asshole got treated the way he deserved to be treated. Glad to see that all is going to be okay with the family.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. It was perfect, loved the gym scene, I doubt if we've seen the last of Mr Welston.

The students rehearsals was so funny.

The hospital scene was awesome, just enough information, so that you didn't get bogged down.

I thought the rehearsal idea was awesome. Something to add suspense. :P And, Zach's bragging and noogie/tickle attack was too cute. :) 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, BoyLove said:

That was a very emotional and happy chapter you wrote. Love the way Taylor handled the situation with Gordon😂. The asshole got treated the way he deserved to be treated. Glad to see that all is going to be okay with the family.

Yeah, today was not the day to mess with Taylor. LOL

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..