Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding Love - 4. Zeke Pulls Through

The families share a heartwarming meeting as they wait to hear about Zeke's condition.

Alex had just gotten Dillan calmed down and breathed a sigh of relief until he realized they had to pass the accident site. As soon as the younger brunet looked at the mangled remains of Zeke's silver and blue striped Twenty-Nineteen Hyundai Genesis Sport Coupe, he was nearly inconsolable.

"Alex, it's awful..." Dillan managed to get out between his heaving sobs. "I can't believe that I didn't even…"

"MIO FRATELLO!!!" Alex almost roared.

Dillan jumped out of his skin and cowered against the car door, shivering. He'd never heard his brother's voice booming like that.

Alex had to pull over to the side of the road to compose himself and calm down a little. He turned in his seat and placed both hands on Dillan's shoulders. The brunet's eyes softened when he saw his brother's quaking body and the tears in his eyes. This was the first time Alex ever raised his voice to Dillan. Knowing he'd caused the younger man any amount of fear broke his heart into a thousand pieces. His strong arms wrapped around his brother's heaving body, and Alex filled his embrace with as much love as possible. "Mi dispiace," Alex said as he kissed Dillan's head. "Ti Amo, fratellino mio."

Dillan was still trying to get himself together. Just feeling his brother's warm embrace was comforting him. "Ti amo, Fratello maggiore." The twenty-two-year-old still loved that his brother was so protective and loving when it came to him. "I'm sorry for making you upset, Alex."

Alex sighed and wiped his tears. "I'm sorry for yelling. I just hate hearing you beat up on yourself." He paused and stared into his brother's moist and quivering eyes. "What happened to Zeke isn't your fault or his. You need to stop thinking like that. It's counterproductive, and it blocks whatever blessings and miracles that can happen." He smiled and wiped his brother's tears with his thumb. "You're my only brother... well, I might have another one in Zeke. Time will tell on that one. I love you, and I'm just trying to keep you from torturing yourself."

Dillan nodded and let his brother's comforting love fill and strengthen him. "How'd I ever get so lucky to have such an amazing family and a truly incredible big brother?"

Alex giggled and playfully ruffled Dillan's hair. "Just by being your sweet and adorable self, baby brother." The brunet started the car and got back on the road. The brothers rode in contemplative silence the rest of the way to the hospital. A second after Alex parked and turned the car off, Dillan jumped out and started walking towards the ER entrance, with his older brother busting his ass to catch up.

Mona and Elijah weren't used to being on this end of the hospital/patient relationship. The waiting was killing them even though they knew what went on in the background. That knowledge did nothing to assuage the parental side of the professional couple. Their attention was drawn to an excited young man rushing up to the desk. Mona picked up on the young man's name and heard him say that he was Zeke Davidson's boyfriend. Then she noticed an older version of the young man walking up and comforting his emotional family member. The doctor judged the pair to be brothers. She whispered in her husband's ear and pointed at the two men, hugging. After he nodded, Mona got up and approached the young men.

"Excuse me, I couldn't help overhearing a little bit of what you said at the information desk. I'm Dr. Mona Davidson, Zeke's mother. My husband, Elijah, is over at the desk informing them that you're allowed to be considered family and given information on my son's condition."

Dillan and Alex looked up at the woman who owned the soft and gentle voice. Instantly the pair could tell this was Zeke's Mom. She had the same eyes and facial features. The brothers stood up and introduced themselves. Dillan started to offer a handshake, but he looked into the older woman's teary eyes and gently embraced Zeke's Mom, with Alex following his brother's example. "Dr. Davidson, I'm Dillan Calandra, and this is my older brother, Alex. We can't imagine the pain and fear you and your husband must feel right now. I hope you'll let us help you both and Zeke during his recovery."

"Yes, I offer my assistance as well. As will our parents, Theresa and Carmine Calandra. We own a restaurant here in town. If either of you hasn't eaten yet, I'd be glad to get you something." Alex and Dillan received a hug from Elijah when he joined the trio.

"Calandra, I remember that name." Mona quickly browsed her memory banks for why that name was so familiar. Then it came to her. "Now I remember. I delivered one of you."

The brothers looked at the older woman with a look of shock. Then at each other. "You delivered one of us?" Alex asked as he shook his head.

Mona chuckled and nodded. "Yes, I did. I think it was Dillan." She paused and looked at the younger of the brothers. "You came a few months early. It was while I was working on my degree. Eli and I were at your parent's restaurant, and your mother went into labor. The ambulance was held up, and I had to deliver you on one of the tables."

"That sounds like my brother. He's always been impatient." Alex giggled and hugged Dillan.

"Dr. Davidson…"

"Please, call me Mona, and he's Eli or Elijah." Mona pointed to herself and her husband.

"I'll try." Dillan giggled. "I have to tell you about what happened between Zeke and me this evening before his accident." The brunet's tears dripped down his cheeks.

"Dillan, we don't get involved in the issues of our son's relationships. Unless it's an issue of abuse." Mona paused and hugged Dillan. "However, if you ever feel like you have to talk, we'll listen."

"I overreacted to a situation this evening. A guy named Jerry came in. After attacking Zeke, he said he was overseas and just came back to find his boyfriend cheating with me."

Mona and Elijah looked at each other and shook their heads. "Did this guy have red hair?" Mona asked.

Dillan and Alex both nodded their heads.

"He's never been Zeke's boyfriend. Jerry's straight and is a chronic womanizer and all-around jackass. He's the worst friend...if you can call him that Zeke ever chose."

"I knew he wasn't gay. For a straight guy, I've got great gaydar." Alex's statement caused the four of them to crack up laughing.

"How'd you know?" Elijah asked.

Alex chuckled. "I'm not bragging when I say this, but the guy never once gave Dillan and me a second glance or look. Again, not bragging, but we're hot." The brunet yelped when he was put in a headlock and given a noogie by Dillan.

The young men and Zeke's parents sat in comfortable silence while they waited to hear about the loved one's condition. Thirty minutes later, Theresa and Carmine walked up to the small group.

"Have you heard anything on Zeke's condition yet?" Theresa hugged and kissed Alex and Dillan, with Carmine following suit.

"Mama, Pop, what are you guys doing here?" Dillan asked as he felt his parent's love fill him.

"We were worried about you boys. All three of you." Carmine smiled and playfully ruffled his son's hair. He chuckled when they voiced their slight protests.

Finally, Theresa and Carmine noticed the older couple sitting with their boys. Instantly, they knew who they were looking at. Despite the passage of twenty-two years, the couple recognized the woman who delivered their Dillante and her husband. Theresa approached the couple, who were now standing. "Dr. Davidson, it's nice to see you again. Are you the one..." Theresa stopped her question as she was putting together the last names. "Are you Zeke's?"

Mona chuckled. "Yes, I'm Zeke's Mom."

"Well then, I guess we'll be seeing more of each other." Theresa paused and smirked. "You won't be able to turn down the free meals now that our boys are dating."

Mona smiled as she opened her arms and embraced the slightly younger woman. "Thank you for welcoming our family into yours, and please, call me Mona and my husband, Elijah."

"I will if you call us Theresa and Carmine."

The two families sat down and continued to chat and get to know one another. Finally, they saw a doctor come into the waiting room. They all stood and held each other's hands as the families waited for the news.

"Dr. Andrews, how's my son?" Mona asked as she wiped her tears.

"Mona, Eli, your son is in much better shape than I'm sure his car is. Zeke suffered a mild concussion, and his leg is broken but will heal nicely. Your son is awake and coherent, so I don't feel the need to keep him overnight, as long as there's someone to stay with him."

Dillan and Alex looked at one another. "Mama Mona, Papa Eli..." The brunet blushed. "Umm, I hope it's okay if I call you that."

Mona and Elijah embraced the younger man. "Of course, it is, son," Elijah said.

"May I be included in that?" Alex asked.

"I don't see why not. I've always wanted a house full of kids." Mona chuckled as Theresa and Carmine nodded their consent.

"If it's okay, Mama and Papa, we can have Zeke stay with us. Alex and I live in our own apartment in the same house above Mama and Pop." Dillan sheepishly said.

"I think that's a great idea, Dillan." Mona smiled and hugged the young man.

"Zeke will be out in just a few minutes. We're getting the discharge papers ready."

"Thank you, Dr. Andrews." Mona walked up and hugged the younger doctor, and Elijah shook the man's hand, as did the Calandra's.

"I'm so glad Zeke's gonna be fine." Theresa embraced Mona and Elijah, then her boys.

"Thank you for coming down to support your sons and us."

"Of course, it's what family does for one another. We take being a loving family very seriously." Carmine smiled and showed everyone the same affection as his wife.

A few minutes later, Zeke hobbled through the doors into the waiting room. The expression on his face was happy and then turned to slight hesitance when he saw Alex and Dillan. "Hey, Mom, Dad. I'm sorry I ruined everyone's night and took you away from your responsibilities."

"Ezekial Jordan Davidson! I never want to hear you say you've taken us away from anything, ever again. Is that clear?" Elijah said as he hugged his son, with his wife doing the same.

"That goes for us as well, son." Theresa and Carmine walked up and introduced themselves. "Please, call us Mama Theresa and Papa Carmine. If you're comfortable with that, Zeke."

Zeke smiled and wiped his tears as he accepted everyone's embrace that was gathered around him. He slowly looked into Dillan's eyes, searching for any signs of how he was feeling.

Dillan smiled and wrapped his arm around the shorter man as he wiped Zeke's tears. "It's okay, sweet baby. I'm not going anywhere, and I'm sorry for earlier." The Italian's tears trailed down his face as he sent as much love as possible in his embrace with Zeke.

"I think these two need some time alone." Theresa took hold of Mona's hand and hugged the older woman. "I look forward to seeing you and Eli again, Mona."

"Us too, Theresa. I'm glad to see how healthy Dillan's grown up to be." Mona smiled and returned the affection.

"Zeke, you're gonna be staying with Dillan at our house while you're recuperating." Carmine paused. "Our house is split into two separate apartment-style units but is still one household. Shit, it's upstairs."

"Papa Carmine, maybe it'd be best if Dillan stays at my apartment with me. I've got an elevator in my building and am two doors down from it."

"That's a great idea, bro." Alex smiled and wrapped his arms around the younger pair of brunets.

"Zeke, we'll call and check up on you tomorrow. Your Dad and I are so happy that you're as okay as you are. We'll start looking for a replacement car in the morning. I assume you want the same one?" Mona asked as she and Elijah hugged and kissed their son, with Theresa and Carmine following them.

"That'd be great, Mom and Dad. Thank you." Zeke returned the parent's loving affection and said goodnight to them as they separated. The brunet looked at the remaining two men. "Are you sure I won't be a bother, Dill?"

Dillan sat beside his boyfriend and cuddled him. "Babe, you're sooo far from being a bother." He leaned over and kissed Zeke's soft lips.

Alex smiled at the younger men's cuteness. "Alright, Fratellini, I'm gonna go get the car." He giggled and ruffled both Dillan's and Zeke's hair. "Dillan, I'll text when I'm at the door." Alex gasped when he was pulled into a double hug.

Dillan grasped Zeke's hands and turned to face the older man. His eyes shimmered with tears as he searched for the words he wanted to convey. "Zee, I…"

Zeke softly shushed his boyfriend and placed his finger on his quivering lips. "Dillan, Alex talked to me for a minute after you walked away. I promise you, Jerry and I have never, in our lives, even seen each other naked. For the first time, I saw his true colors. Mom and Dad were right all these years when they told me he wasn't a real friend." Zeke sighed and laid his head on Dillan's shoulder.

Dillan gently stroked Zeke's hair and caressed his cheek. He chuckled when he heard Zeke's soft giggles. "Your cheeks are ticklish too?" He snickered.

Zeke buried his face in the muscular chest and nodded.

"Your parents told me he lied." Dillan's tears splashed on Zeke's hair. "I...I'm really fighting the urge to tell you I love you, Zee. I know it's just the shock and fear of almost losing a future together and being afraid you'd died." The emotional young man gently embraced his mate. "I don't ever want to feel this way again. I don't want our first time telling one another of our love in a situation like this."

Zeke gasped and softly kissed Dillan's cheek as he lovingly raised the other man's chin. "Babe, I'm fighting the same urge and feel the same as you. I think we're doing the right thing by waiting and not prematurely saying I love you to each other. However, that doesn't mean the feelings aren't growing." He smiled. "I'm looking forward to you staying with me." Zeke blushed.

"I'm looking forward to that too. I think I'll have Alex drop you off, We can help you get in your apartment, make sure your comfortable, and then I'll have him take me home to get some clothes and essentials, then I'll drive back over."

Zeke nodded his agreement to the plan as he yawned. "I think that's the best idea I've heard all night. I'm getting sleepy."

As if on cue, Alex's text came through. Dillan helped the brunet to his feet. He made sure that Zeke was steady enough to get to the car. Along the way, Dillan kept his arm around his boyfriend's shoulders as he rested with his head on his shoulder. Twenty minutes later, Alex and Dillan left for their house. Dillan gave his parents and brother a hug, then packed. After another kiss and hug for the family, he drove back to Zeke's apartment. He waved to the doorman, took the elevator to his boyfriend's floor, and used the key to let himself inside.

Dillan placed his bags in Zeke's room and smiled as he gazed upon his beautiful boyfriend's sleeping body, bathed in the soft moonlight that streamed in the window through the shades. The brunet leaned down and softly kissed the slumbering man. He stripped down to his puppy underwear, crawled into the bed, and cuddled against his boyfriend. "Good night, my sweet prince. Dillan softly whispered before putting his arm protectively over Zeke and drifting off into an exploration of dreamland.

This was an amazingly loving chapter. I loved seeing the Calandra's and Davidson's supporting each other, and Zeke.
Thanks for reading, reacting, and commenting
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So Jerry is a jackass, he needs sorting out.

I'm glad Zeke is OK. I think our boys are gonna be fine. Love that Zeke's mother delivered Dillan.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
Just now, chris191070 said:

So Jerry is a jackass, he needs sorting out.

I'm glad Zeke is OK. I think our boys are gonna be fine. Love that Zeke's mother delivered Dillan.

Oh, Jerry's still got some jackassery to display. :P Sooo not saying nothin' :rofl: Yeah, they're gonna have some more relationship strengthening hurdles to tackle, but I'm pretty sure they're in this for the long haul. :) 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Ajbt2001 said:

Oh, Jerry's still got some jackassery to display.

OMG then he has no idea what kind of hornets nest he will stir

  • Love 3
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

OMG then he has no idea what kind of hornets nest he will stir

That's for sure, Dillan and Alex are totally protective. I'm pretty sure, Alex's mind is made up about Zeke being his second little brother. :) 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Jerry definitely needs a good ass whipping😂! He is the root cause of all the problems so far.

As for Zeke and Dillan, I think they will become the loving couple they are meant to be, yeah there will be hurdles to overcome. But it will work out.

Glad to see the families are getting along great. That was a nice tie-in with the baby delivery😊.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, BoyLove said:

Jerry definitely needs a good ass whipping😂! He is the root cause of all the problems so far.

As for Zeke and Dillan, I think they will become the loving couple they are meant to be, yeah there will be hurdles to overcome. But it will work out.

Glad to see the families are getting along great. That was a nice tie-in with the baby delivery😊.

I was on the fence about how to connect Mona and Theresa. My first thought was to have her and Eli being friends with Theresa and Carmine since college, but then the idea of her delivering Dillan hit me as I was writing, and it was perfect. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..