Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you.ย 

Love Of Family (Revised) - 16. To The Rescue

The efforts to rescue Levie and Tracey are underway

The Ranch

Troy and Rhett were in the middle of their break from fixing the fence when the older brunet's phone rang. He looked at the number and noticed it was Rusty. "Hey, Rus, what'sโ€ฆ"

"Sorry for cutting you off, bro, but we've got a situation."

Troy instantly got to his feet, with Rhett following him. "What's up?" He grew more and more concerned when he got a growing pain in the pit of his stomach. The feeling worsened when he heard Rusty's soft sobs. "Please, don't tell me it's Jayce."

Rhett wasn't sure how to support the man he'd come to see as one of his older brothers, so he wrapped his arm around the older man's waist and hugged him tightly.

"Not Jayce."

Troy's face lost its color. He dropped the phone as he fell to his knees violently, sobbing.

Rhett picked up the phone and resumed the conversation. "Sherrif, it's Rhett. What's happened?" The younger brunet wiped his tears and wrapped his arms around Troy's shaking body, and cradled him while kissing the man's head.

"Rhett, is Troy?"

"He's surviving right now. What's going on?"

"A motorist was driving down Duncan Rd. and passed by Lev's Cherokee. There's an accident, and the tire's shot out." Rusty paused. "Rhett, Lev's nowhere to be found. There were signs of a struggle, and the back door was wide open. I'm afraid to ask, but was Tracey with Lev today?"

Rhett's tears fell as he sunk to the ground beside Troy, crying on his shoulder. Troy composed himself and worked up his nerves for what he was about to hear. He gently pulled the phone from Rhett's hand. Then kissed the younger man's cheek and thanked him for being comforting.

"Sorry, Russ, I needed to get myself together. Thanks to my baby bro here, I've been able to do that." Troy paused. "Has something happened to Lev?" Troy leaned back against a tree as his tears fell, listening to Russ explain the scene. "Have...Have you called Greg or Jayce?"

"Not yet. I know Jayce's checking out a horse, and Greg, I don't have his number."

"Thanks, Russ. I've got to inform the rest of the family. Keep us informed." Troy ended the call and wiped his eyes as he wrapped his arms around Rhett. "Are you okay, baby boy?"

Rhett sniffed and nodded. "I'm worried, Troypop."

"I'm worried too, baby boy." Troy paused and stared into the younger brunet's eyes. "Hey, we need to get ourselves together, call the family, and let them know what's happened. We both need to be strong for them, ourselves, and our missing guys."

Rhett nodded and wiped his tears as he wrapped his brother in a bear hug. "I got your back, Troypop."

Troy smiled and kissed Rhett's head. "I know ya do, baby boy."

Levie

A throbbing headache was the first thing that registered in the redhead's newly regained consciousness. At first, his thoughts were a bit cloudy and scattered. That is until he remembered that he was a father, and the last thing that happened before he blacked out was an attack by an unseen, unknown assailant. Instantly, Levie opened his eyes and realized he was blindfolded. He tried to move his arms and legs, but he could feel he'd been tied face down to what he assumed was a wooden bench. The redhead frantically moved his head side to side, trying to scream for help or find out who had him and his son, but he was gagged with someone's used, crusty gym sock.

Levie grunted and angrily growled into the salty gag as he desperately tried freeing himself. His body shivered in the cold, damp place he was trapped in. After a minute or two, he tried to calm down and mentally assess his situation and where he was. The redhead closed his eyes and let his other senses take over. Levie noticed the familiar smell in every locker room, so he deduced that he was most likely being held in one of the schools. He also registered that he couldn't hear his son's cries, so Tracey was somewhere else, or..." Levie's tears fell and splashed on the floor as he forced himself to irradicate those negative thoughts. The last thing that came to him was the absence of his clothes. He was only wearing his Scooby-Doo socks and their matching boxer/briefs. Levie's tears streamed down his cheeks as he slipped further into the pit of fear and desperation, unaware he was being recorded.

The Ranch

Pandemonium spread through the family and ranch. Not only were two loved ones missing, but the first snowfall of the year started shortly after Levie's disappearance. Bill led most of the ranch family in a search party that coordinated with the Sheriff's department. Troy didn't have the emotional strength to continuously field the responding calls, so the brunet sent out a mass text that said, "nine-one-one at the ranch, Lev and Tracey missing, Cherokee tire shot out with a gun. That's all I know at the time." Troy knew it wasn't the best way to alert everyone, but it was the only way for him not to break completely down. It took every ounce of inner strength for him not to give in to his emotions. Rhett's presence helped Troy from losing it, but what he really needed was Jaycen's arms holding him and his reassurance.

Jaycen

Jaycen had just pulled up to the ranch where the horse was housed. It took him longer than he expected because of the increasing snowfall. The redhead looked at the clouds and prayed to the Goddess he'd be able to get back to the ranch without having to stop somewhere. He got out of the truck and started walking up the stone path when his phone alerted him to an incoming message. He almost dropped his phone when he read the text. Tears streamed down his face as he turned and ran back to his truck. Jaycen shot a quick text to Troy, telling him he'd be home as soon as possible and that he loved him. He pulled his deputy badge out of the glove box and sat it in plain sight on the seat. He backed up and headed toward the main road. Once there, Jaycen floored his gas pedal and sped down the road, breaking every speed limit that wasn't a residential or school zone.

Jaycen made sure to keep his eyes on the road, but the continuous snowfall was beginning to reduce visibility. However, the truck powered its way through the weather. Despite slowing down to safely navigate the heavy snowfall, the redhead was making good time. In just under an hour was halfway home, but his luck waned, his tires hit a slick patch, and his truck started fishtailing. Jaycen forced himself to keep his senses and managed to keep the vehicle from skidding into the ditch. However, right as he got his truck stable again, the wheels hit a patch of black ice, and this time he couldn't keep the truck on the road. The F-150 spun around and slid into the mountainside, getting stuck in the ditch.

The impact thrust Jaycen's head against the window. The thirty-year-old brought his fingers to the side of his head, and when he pulled them back, they were coated in fresh blood. After ensuring that he didn't have a concussion, he began looking for the extra clothing he always kept in the vehicles for emergencies. Jaycen found a spare shirt and did his best to tie it around the head wound, knowing they always bleed the worst. Then, he picked up his phone and called Rusty. Jaycen tried to argue that he didn't need to go to the hospital to be checked out but ended up relenting before hanging up with his best friend.

Levie

Burt eerily giggled as he watched his cartoon sock and underwear-clad captive fight the urge to freak out. The maniacal man rubbed his hands together and decided to fuck with the redhead's mind and emotions so that his video taunt inflicted as much pain as possible on the one he wanted to lure. Burt found the desired sound effects. He hooked the speakers up to his laptop, then blasted the sound of babies screaming at the top of their lungs and things thumping or being knocked around. The reaction was instant and better than the sick deviant ever dreamed. He jumped around like a kid in a toy store as he watched and recorded Levie's increased attempts at getting free. At one point, the redhead turned the bench over and cried out in pain as he landed on his arm.

Levie's mind raced as he struggled and continued losing what sanity he had left. Logically, he knew it wasn't Tracey's screams, but without being able to physically lay eyes on his son, or anything for that matter, made logic...well, illogical. His tears dampened the blindfold as he continued trying his damnedest to get free and save his helpless baby. Levie was so focused on escaping that he didn't hear the approaching man. Burt sneered as he stood right behind the struggling redhead's restrained body, licked his chapped lips, and bared his rotting teeth. The man raised a metal pipe above his head. Not making a sound, he slammed the object down right beside Levie's head. Having no idea that anyone was there, the sudden sound caused the redhead to scream with fright and surprise.

Burt cackled and continued hitting the lockers above the captive's head with the pipe. Levie's nerves were so frayed that he lost control of his bladder and wet himself. Of course, this also served to emasculate the young man and fill him with embarrassment. The tormentor threw the pipe against the wall. He righted the bench, then wrapped his arm around Levie's ankles and rapidly scratched his nails up and down his captive's sock-clad soles. The shocked and soiled redhead screamed into his gag as tears pooled in the blindfold.

Levie's muffled laughter and squeals flooded into the sock gag. His cheeks reddened as he was humiliated even more. This wasn't the usual playful tickles he got from the family. This was meant to break his will and destroy his self-worth as a man and protective father. Levie's eyes squeezed shut behind the blindfold as he was tickled into hysterics and writhed and wriggled on the bench. Finally, the ticklish torment ended, and his hair was grabbed. The unseen tickle attacker banged Levie's head against the wooden surface hard enough to knock him unconscious.

Burt snickered, then placed selected footage on his phone. He sent it to Troy with a text message that read. "If you want to see the brat and baby alive, come to the place where our romantic afternoon of sexual pleasure was interrupted by the redhaired brute you call a husband. And, come alone."

Troy & Rhett

Because of their bond, Troy physically felt Jaycen's accident before he was given the news by Rusty. The brunet's uneasiness worsened, and he knew this was Levie in distress. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he prayed to the Goddess for guidance and protection over his missing guys. Troy was almost to the breaking point. His Dad and Greg were stuck at the hotel where the seminar was because of the weather. His Mom took some pressure off him by going to the hospital to be with Jayce. Brandon was still on the road, trying his best to get home. Bill and the ranch hands were out, searching for Levie and Tracey, and Rhett was helping out by making sure the horses were secured and safe in their stalls.

Troy was about to fix a drink when his phone let him know there was a new incoming text. Troy left the bottle and glass on the bar and ran to pick up his phone, thinking it might be something on Levie or Jaycen. As soon as he saw the recording and message, Troy's primal furious scream filled the house. Rhett walked into the room and was almost knocked down on his ass as Troy ran past. The confused brunet steadied himself and was about to follow when he saw his brother's discarded phone on the bar. He looked at the continuous video loop and dropped the phone like it was on fire. Rhett composed himself, picked up the phone, and looked at the background. He recognized the school's locker room and figured out that's where Troy was going.

The brunet got outside just as Troy squealed tires and sped down the driveway in the Eagle. He glanced around and noticed there were no more four-wheel-drive vehicles left. Rhett sent a quick message to Brandon and the Sheriff, letting them know what happened, and sent a copy of the video to Rusty. He got an idea and ran to the stables. The brunet grabbed a hunting knife off the wall, strapped it to his leg, then he was faced with the choice of which horse to use. He was at a loss until Triton started kicking up a fuss to get his attention. Rhett opened the stall door, and the majestic stallion rushed out and circled the young man. He excitedly reared up on his hind legs, but not in a threatening manner. It was more like he was trying to tell the man they needed to hurry.

"Are ya gonna let your Uncle Rhett ride ya, boy?"

Triton stood before his Uncle, nodded, then gently nudged the soon-to-be rider toward his back. Rhett started to get a saddle but stopped when the horse persistently whinnied and shook his head. The brunet shrugged his shoulders and mounted the steed bareback. He yelped and held on tightly as Triton reared up on his hind legs and took off through the woods.

"Do you know where you're going, boy?" Rhett asked as he did his best not to get hit by branches and quickly passing bushes.

Triton snorted and quickly nodded, then set his focus back on the task of getting to Levie.

The pair tore through streams, and the horse's hoofs pounded in the snow as it found the sure footing. Rhett was doing fine until they got to the edge of a ravine. Triton whinnied and stopped short. Rhett thought they were stuck until the horse looked to his right. The Blue Roan ran back far enough for him to get a good run. Then he reared up and ran full speed toward a narrower place. Rhett held on for dear life, and when Triton soared across the ravine. The brunet screamed like a girl as he hugged Triton's neck. Rhett closed his eyes and didn't open them or stop his screaming until there was solid ground under them. Rhett wasn't sure, but he swore he heard Triton chuckle at him. "See if I give you carrots tomorrow, baby boy." Rhett snickered and patted the horse's neck. "Just kidding, Tri. I love ya, boy."

The Eagle's engine roared as Troy sped down the road. He turned into the school's parking lot and skidded to a stop beside a battered pickup truck. The brunet locked the steering wheel, just in case Burt tried to take it and getaway. He also grabbed his knife and slashed the man's tires. Troy was sick of this man's fucking with his family and was determined to end it. Either Burt would die or be brought to justice, Troy would decide after laying eyes on his kidnapped boys. He quietly entered the building and immediately heard Levie's muffled screams. Following the sound, Troy pulled his gun out of its holster and crept closer. He turned the corner and gasped when he saw Burt hitting and kicking his defenseless boy. Rage seethed in the brunet's eyes as he aimed just above the attacker's head and fired a shot.

Rhett heard the gunshot and ran inside. He saw a bruised Levie tied to a bench. Over to the right were Troy and Burt, struggling for dominance, with Troy winning. The brunet quickly ran to his brother and cut him loose. "Don't worry, bro. I'm gonna find our baby." Rhett kissed Levie's head and then ran to the offices figuring that's where Tracey was. Luck was on his side. He opened the first office door he came to, and there sleeping peacefully, was Tracey still in his car seat. Rhett smiled, then kissed his nephew. He heard sirens coming closer and sighed in relief.

Burt also heard the sirens. He cut his losses and ran after pushing Troy into a row of lockers. The man ran to his truck, then noticed his tires were slashed. He caught sight of the Eagle and the lock bar on the steering wheel. Finally, he saw Triton and snickered. "How appropriate to make a getaway on the bastard's own horse." He thought to himself as he approached the animal. Triton reared up on his front legs and kicked Burt so hard that the man stumbled back into a tree. Triton trotted up to the man and continuously jumped up and down, keeping him from moving until Rusty approached them.

Rusty shook his head and chuckled. "At ease, Tri. Good boy, stand down."

The horse whinnied and backed off. Triton looked up toward the school doors as they opened, and a battered but alive Levie was helped outside by Troy and Rhett. The lot was filled with sirens and the flashing lights of the squad cars and ambulances. Levie rode to the hospital with Troy. Rhett decided to come back for the Eagle and rode Triton back to the ranch to wait for the incoming family members.

Damn, that was a harrowing and exciting chapter, at least in my opinion. LOL
Thanks for reading, reacting, and commenting.
Love, y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you.ย 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow! That was was one intense and fast paced chapter! Glad they came through that harrowing experience okay. By that I mean alive and not hurt to badly. Triton is one hell of a horse too. He deserves carrots and apples every day for the foreseeable future. Hell, I can't blame Rhett for screaming like a girl... I would too!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, BoyLove said:

Wow! That was was one intense and fast paced chapter! Glad they came through that harrowing experience okay. By that I mean alive and not hurt to badly. Triton is one hell of a horse too. He deserves carrots and apples every day for the foreseeable future. Hell, I can't blame Rhett for screaming like a girl... I would too!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I've had that image in my head, all morning and couldn't wait to get it written. LOL I loved Rhett threatening Tri with not giving him carrots. :)ย Even in a crisis, Tri's adorable. LOL

I also wanted to give Rhett a chance to be there for Lev, since he had such a shaky introduction to the family. And, Troy's a badass Dad and Pap-Paw. I love him, don't fuck with his boys.ย :hug::heart:

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Wow what a fast paced chapter, but brilliantly written.

I'm glad everyone was found safely. It was great that Rhett came to the rescue. I loved when he screamed like a girl, when riding Triton. Troy was his usual bad ass self.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Wow what a fast paced chapter, but brilliantly written.

I'm glad everyone was found safely. It was great that Rhett came to the rescue. I loved when he screamed like a girl, when riding Triton. Troy was his usual bad ass self.

Rhett's bravery and true caring nature really got the chance to shine through. The family has done an amazing job of raising his self esteem. I love Troy, he's totally scary when he wants to be. He and Jaycen are an amazing match.ย 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.ย  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
ร—
ร—
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..