Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Teens In Love - 6. Misguided

A Father's desire to see his son's success reaps some nasty consequences.

Once school started, things got hectic for the blended family. Being an architect, Raymond put together a team of carpenters, plumbers, and an interior designer to start working on the garage apartment. In addition to their list, the dads wanted a cozy balcony off the main bedroom suite with french doors that had a view of the mountain. A second, smaller bedroom, in case the boys wanted to have privacy from one another, or an office to work in. Also, a separate outside entrance leading up to the apartment. The dads wanted this to be a surprise. So they had the team working while the guys were at school.

Things were progressing nicely for the teenage power couple. Mike was made co-captain of the wrestling team, and Robbie maintained his place as swim team captain. Added to that, the two were adding to their popularity amongst the various school cliques. Robbie continued to grow his interest in journalism by writing for the school newspaper. They were active members of the student body council. Mike and Robbie also worked together to foster an environment of athletic crossovers attempting to diminish the usual sports team rivalries. Always the type to practice what they preached, Robbie was on the track team, and Mike was on the volleyball team. The two somehow managed to keep their individuality while growing closer and more connected as lovers.

Mike & Lewis

"Do ya give, cap?" Lewis asked as he chuckled.

Lewis and Mike were in Lewis's basement, sparring on the teen's wrestling mat. After his snafu because of his overactive hormones, the brunet worked in earnest to gain Mike's and Robbie's trust. Currently, the team's co-captain was effectively pinned under his friend. His muscles flexed as he tried his best to get free. Mike loved sparring with the guys both in practice and individually at each other's houses. Robbie would sometimes join in, as long as it wasn't an official practice, and he was the wrestler's audience unless he was busy with something. The redhead also encouraged the swim team's support of the wrestlers by reminding them to show up at the matches, and Mike did the same thing with the wrestlers. They also worked to get their teammates to attend the other team games.

"Not hearin' ya give in, Mike." Lewis snickered. "Maybe ya need to be put in a ticklish situation."

The brunet smirked as he used one hand to keep Mike's wrists pinned while the other hand alternated tickles in the center of the struggling blonde teen's armpit hollows. Instantly, the basement filled with the sound of Mike's laughter and squealing. As they became friends, Mike and Robbie discovered Lewis's ticklishness, and he theirs. The trio had fun exploiting it at various times while hanging out together or practicing. Tickling his opponents was really the only way Robbie was able to win against the more muscular teen wrestlers. The wrestling team had an agreement that they only threw in playful tickle attacks when they weren't in practice at the school's gym.

Mike wasn't ready to surrender yet. The more he struggled, the harder it was for Lewis to keep him pinned. However, the more he was tickled, the weaker Mike got. So it was six in one, half dozen in the other. Finally, Mike worked one wrist free and aimed his fingers for the middle of the other teen's unguarded ribs. As soon as his friend's fingers made contact with his weak spot, Lewis released his hold on Mike and fell back on the mat, faceup in a squirming heap of laughter.

Not giving him a chance to recover or retaliate, Mike pounced on the giggling body, rolled the teen on his stomach, and straddled his friend's waist. "Now, what was that about giving in, bro?" The blonde chuckled as he lightly strummed his fingernails up and down the helpless and wriggling pair of feet trapped in the crook of his arm.

Lewis writhed under Mike, and his shrieking laughter echoed off the basement walls. His feet were always Lewis's most ticklish spot. He tried pulling free but was completely trapped and unable to launch a counterattack. Finally, after a couple minutes of high-pitched squeals and cackles, the brunet tapped Mike's leg in surrender. Mike released Lewis's feet, got up and headed to the minifridge, and pulled out two bottles of ice-cold water. He handed one to Lewis. Then Mike gently but firmly massaged his friend's feet.

"Damn, I was sure I had you, Mike," Lewis said after taking a generous swallow of water.

Mike giggled and sipped his water. "Lew, you totally had me in an inescapable pin." He paused. "Do me a favor, and don't teach Row that move."

Lewis chuckled. "Then how'd you work free, and why shouldn't I teach Rob that pin?"

Mike smirked. "I wouldn't have had a chance of getting free if you hadn't tickled me. You thought you'd make me give in faster, and I almost did, but as I was weakening, my struggling also made your hold weaken enough that I could free my wrist and attack." He giggled. "And, I don't want Row getting any more of an advantage over me. Between working out, his morning runs, the exercise his muscles get from swimming, and the times he practices with us, Red's almost as strong as I am. I'd like to win against my angel boy, sometimes." Mike's statement had both teens in hysterics. The teens shared a hug as they continued enjoying their time together.

Donovan Bryant Abernathy III & Coach Barton

Donovan Abernathy III lacked honesty and a strong work ethic. This was made abundantly clear by the three ex-wives he claimed were the cause of every divorce he had. The forty-five-year-old man worked as a nurse at the hospital and was working on his last chance at being gainfully employed there. The sad truth was that his fifteen-year-old son was a harder worker and more trustworthy than the divorced man ever aspired to be. Despite his numerous flaws, the man loved his son more than anything in his life. No one ever disputed that, not even his wives. Being an involved and loving father was the one thing Donovan didn't cut corners with. This is why the slightly greying-haired man was in Jacob Barton's, the swim team coach's office.

"I've told you before, Mr. Abernathy. Donovan is an amazing young man. He's always ready to help the team and support them. However, your son's not good enough to be on the first string. That's why he's an alternate. I will say this, his training regimen with Robbie Hartford is harvesting incredible results."

"But, Coach, can't you cut one guy and at least give my boy a shot at a few meets? Since you brought his name up, let's take Robbie, for example. I've got nothing against the kid. He's one of the most helpful youths I've met. However, he's not planning on pursuing a career in professional swimming. Don't you think it's unfair to keep him on the first string when my son has dreamed of being a professional swimmer since early childhood?"

Coach Barton gasped at the request. "I can't believe you've just asked me to do that. Do you know how unethical that is? That wouldn't be beneficial to Donnie's advancement. His self-esteem would suffer. His sense of fair play and his feeling of accomplishment would be compromised." The coach was now standing and using all his restraint not to call the man a dishonorable cretin. "Then there's the issue of my hard-earned reputation being tarnished, and my employment might be ended." He paused. "This team has a shot at an undefeated string of wins. Unless someone drops off the first string, Donovan's not gonna be competing, at least not this year."

Donovan conceded to the coach and made a show of being ashamed of his request. "You're right. I apologize for even making such a request. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, Coach. Again, I apologize, and you're right that it wouldn't be fair to Robbie. He's earned his spot."

The coach sighed and shook the parent's hand. "Don't ever apologize for having the best intentions for your son. I hope you have a great rest of the day." The men parted ways, each lost in their own thoughts of the meeting's outcome.

Donovan worked the overnight shift. This allowed him the opportunity to swipe a bottle of codeine. He reconciled the count on the sheet as being emptied for a patient. The man knew this could be the end of his career, and if he were to be caught, his freedom, but he didn't care. He was doing this for his son. That's what he told himself as he justified his illegal actions.

The Swim Meet

Once classes were let out, the swim team had about an hour and a half before the swim meet they were hosting. The team they were up against was pretty good and had a chance of taking away Hillston High's chance of an undefeated run. Robbie and Donovan Abernathy IV were chatting about the odds of winning. They'd gotten to their lockers which were separated by Mike's locker. Robbie had just switched out the books he'd need for the homework over the weekend when Donnie's father approached them with two drinks.

"Hey guys, just wanted to give you both a vitamin-packed drink to help your energy levels," Donovan said as he handed the boys the bottles. Robbie's bottle contained a mixture known as "Purple Drank." Which is codeine mixed with promethazine cough syrup and sprite. While mixing it, the nurse unknowingly put more codeine in the concoction than he intended when he got distracted by a phone call.

"Thanks, Mr. Abernathy," Robbie said as he accepted the drink.

"Yeah, thanks, Pop." Donnie opened his bottle and sipped the liquid refreshment. He replaced the top and hugged his dad.

The red-haired teen smiled as he hugged his friend/teammate's parent. Donovan closed his eyes as he embraced the affectionate young man. He had to force the guilt that rose inside of him back down. Robbie opened the bottle, chugging its contents without inspection. The teen was so thirsty that he didn't even notice the weird taste. He wiped his lips and tossed the empty container into his backpack.

"There's that sexy, red-haired boy of mine."

The blonde ran up behind Robbie and hefted the squealing, giggling redhead over his shoulder, making his boyfriend drop his backpack. Robbie's legs kicked as he squirmed in his muscular captor's grip. His giggling got more pronounced as Mike's fingers tickled his sides and his friend, Donovan, tickled the back of his bare legs and knees.

"You're both sooooo dead." Robbie squealed between his boyish giggling and screeches.

Both Donovans giggled at the couple's antics. "I'll see ya in the locker room, Cap." Donavan IV said as he left with his dad's arm on his shoulder.

The students close by turned and smiled as they watched the playful couple. Some even recorded the playfulness with their phones. A couple of their classmates snickered and tickled the trapped teen as they wished Robbie good luck while passing by. Mike giggled and squirmed as a few tickled him as well. He smiled and set Robbie back on his feet, then he chuckled and ducked his boy's attempt at smacking him. The two wrapped each other in a bear hug.

"I love ya, Mikey."

"I love you too, sweet angel boy."

Robbie retrieved his backpack, and then he and Mike held hands as they walked to the locker room.

"How's our swimming champ feeling?" Keith asked.

The four dads were waiting for their teens outside the locker room door. Mike and Robbie giggled and enjoyed the loving group hug.

"It's not just me, Dads. It's an entire team's combined efforts that can win or lose a meet." Robbie stated with a smile.

"Well said, Rob. That attitude and humility are why you're an effective team captain." Coach Barton said as he approached the six men.

Robbie blushed and thanked the man for the compliment. He gave his dads one more hug then he walked into the locker room with Mike in tow. The atmosphere inside was electric and energetic. The swim team was psyching themselves up to give the best performance they were capable of. Robbie smiled and high-fived all the teammates, as did Mike. Even though he wasn't a member, he always went into the locker room with his redhead to help boost morale. Before they walked out into the pool area, the coach got everyone's attention. Once that happened, he nodded to Mike and smiled.

"Guys, I know that I'm not a swimmer, but as you all know by now, the entire school and different sports teams are behind you all and supporting you. I know you're all gonna go out there and give it all you can. Always do your best, and you'll make yourselves, your families, and your school proud of you." He paused to let the applause and cheers die down. "Now, get out there and bring us home another trophy to put on display." He hollered.

Robbie walked up and stared at everyone in the circle. He started feeling a bit shaky and disoriented but just choked it up to nerves and the competition. "What Mikey said is true. I'm proud of this whole team. We all work our asses off and give everything we have at practices and meets. As long as we remember that we've done our best, win or lose, doesn't mean crap, and we can carry that pride in our hearts." He smiled and wiped the beads of sweat on his brow, then discreetly leaned against the wall.

Mike was looking at his mate and started getting slightly worried. He walked up to the coach and whispered something into the man's ear. Coach Barton nodded, and he whispered something back. The two men nodded and went back to listening to Robbie.

"Let's get out there and show these guys what Hillston's made of." The redhead smiled and cheered along with his mates. He turned to Mike and placed a loving kiss on the blonde's lips, slightly stumbling. "Whoa, slick spot." He said to play it off.

The team hooted, and they wolf-whistled, watching the guys kiss each other. As the meet progressed, Hillston was beating the pants off the competition. Robbie's first event was up next. He swam the relay and a diver. The relay was up first. The redhead shakily stood on the block, his eyesight blurred, and his head was swimming. Robbie shook his head a little. It went unnoticed by everyone except Mike and the Coach, who was trying to keep an eye on Robbie. The gun went off, and Robbie dove into the water. He was getting short of breath, but he was at least a lap ahead of his competition. The teen reached the ledge and tapped his teammate's foot. Robbie pulled himself out of the water and was about to head for his spot on the bench when he gasped and fell backward into the water.

"Robbie!" Mike screamed as he jumped fully clothed into the pool and pulled his soulmate out of the water before he drowned.

Tears dripped on the pale redhead's face and hair as he cradled his slowly breathing boyfriend. Keith was the first one of the dads to reach the pair. He felt Robbie's pulse, and his face lost its color.

"He's got a weak pulse. Call an ambulance." Keith hollered.

"They're on the way."

“Did he take anything before the meet? Mike, can you please get me Robbie’s bookbag?” Keith asked.

“No, sir.” Coach Barton responded.

Mike ran to get Robbie’s backpack, and brought it to his Papa. Keith opened the bag, and noticed the nondescript bottle. He opened it up and right away picked up on the scent of the concoction. “This had codeine in it. Rob’s allergic to it.” Keith wiped his eyes and worked hard to keep calm.

“I...I know where that bottle came from.” Donovan said with tears streaming down his cheeks.

Damn, these guys are cute and fun to work with. I love seeing them mature and interact with one another.
Thanks for reading, reacting, and commenting.
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. Everything was going great until Donovan's Dad gave Robbie a spiked drink. Let's hope they get treatment for Robbie straight away and that he's okay.

Donovan seemed distraught, I hope he's gonna be OK.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Everything was going great until Donovan's Dad gave Robbie a spiked drink. Let's hope they get treatment for Robbie straight away and that he's okay.

Donovan seemed distraught, I hope he's gonna be OK.

I know, I feel sorry for Donnie IV, he's gonna be dealing with the most devastation, other than Robbie. At least Rob got some tickles before he got drugged. :) 

It was awesome seeing the team being accepting of Mike enough to let him give them a pep talk. He and Robbie are perfect for one another. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Donovan is in big trouble, attempted murder….poisoning someone just to give your son a way up, when they’re not qualified. That’s going to devastate the son too.  Hopefully the medics have what they need to counteract the allergic reaction.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, VBlew said:

Donovan is in big trouble, attempted murder….poisoning someone just to give your son a way up, when they’re not qualified. That’s going to devastate the son too.  Hopefully the medics have what they need to counteract the allergic reaction.

I hope Donovan isn't the nurse on duty working on Robbie, Mike's gonna be out for blood. I know that much. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Donovan needs his ass whipped for drugging the boy!😡 I really don't think Donovan the IV is going to be able to forgive his father for that. I don't think I could if mine had done something like that. Donovan senior is definitely on his way to jail for that.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..