Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Teens In Love - 7. Love Heals

The family works through the attack on Robbie.

The Swim Meet

Keith had to force himself not to lose control of his emotions. "Timmy, run to the car and get the antihistamine shot."

Timmy nodded and took off as fast as he could. While he was gone, Robbie started coming around and moaning.

"Hold on, baby boy, you're gonna be fine," Keith whispered. He thanked his husband and administered the shot. "That'll help his swelling and disorientation."

"Dad, what about Row's other symptoms?" Mike asked. The teen was wrapped in his Dad's arms.

"From what I know of codeine, he's displaying symptoms of an overdose." Keith turned to Donovan and placed his hands on the young man's shoulders. "Donnie, where did this bottle come from?"

The brunet broke down and sobbed on the older man's shoulder. "M...my Dad gave them to Rob and me."

Keith gasped. "Do you still have the bottle he gave you?"

"Yes, sir."

The teen ran to get the bottle out of his bag and handed it to him. Keith sniffed the bottle and handed it back to Donovan.

"There's nothing out of the ordinary in that one." Keith looked at the other team members. "Did Donnie's dad give anyone else a drink?"

Everyone answered with a unified no. Keith nodded and continued watching over his recovering son as the paramedics arrived. He stepped back to allow them room to get Robbie on the stretcher, and he volunteered to ride with them. Keith kissed his family and hurried behind the EMTs.

The referee and coaches were having a discussion about what to do next. The three men nodded and separated. Coach Barton returned and addressed his team.

"Guys, we've got a decision to make." He paused and looked at Mike. "Mike, I'd like your input on this as well." When he had everyone's attention, he continued. "We can do one of two things, continue with the meet or forfeit."

Mike looked at the gathered teammates. "Guys, I know what happened is distressing. However, if my vote counts for anything, I know Red would want you guys to finish the meet and continue giving it all you got." He stopped and wiped his eyes.

Donovan looked at the group. "We've got no other choice. We need to finish this for Rob." He looked at Mike and wrapped the blonde teen in a bear hug. "I'm soo sorry for what my Dad did. I promise I had no…"

Mike returned the affection and stared into his friend's eyes. "Don't apologize for something you didn't do, bro. You're a victim in this, just the same as Row." He paused and looked at his three remaining dads and smiled when he saw their nodded approval.

Coach Barton smiled with pride. "Let's go win this thing for Robbie." He paused and looked at Mike. "Son, I know this is a big favor to ask, but would you consider sticking around for the rest of the meet and give the guys moral support?"

Mike looked at his dads, who motioned for him to give his decision. He sighed and looked back at the coach. "Row would kick my ass if I didn't support you guys." Everyone cracked up laughing at Mike's words as he got an admonishing look and head shakes from the coach and his dads.

Hillston won the meet. Donovan pulled out in front of his competition at the last second and won first place in his event. The alternate for the dive won second place. Robbie's time was recorded before his collapse, and he had the overall fastest time. Mike was asked to accept the award in his mate's absence. Donovan beamed with pride when he got his medal. Mike and the dads were hugging and wiping their tears when the coach announced that the victory was dedicated to the team's hard work, dedication, and Robbie.

Timmy, Raymond, and Theo approached Donovan.

"Donnie, we've spoken with Cathy. She's canceled her appointments and is working on getting a flight home. However, she won't be back until Sunday at the earliest. That's without any delays or hangups." Timmy paused. "We know that you're capable of staying by yourself, but in light of everything that's happened, we'd like you to stay with us until your Mom gets home. She's already given consent to our offer to help you through this."

Donovan gasped and wiped his eyes. "I don't want to be an imposition, Mr. Hartford."

"You're not an imposition, Donnie. It's our pleasure and the least we can do to offer our support." Raymond said.

Donovan launched himself into the men's arms and melted into the loving group hug as he sobbed. "I can't thank you guys enough."

"We love you, Donnie. You're like a son to us, and families have to stick together and support one another." Theo said.

Mike walked over and joined the hugfest. "Row and I love ya too, bro."

The Hospital

Thanks to the antihistamine shot, Robbie's allergic reaction was under control. Now they just had to deal with the overdose symptoms. They got the teen into a room and started monitoring his vitals. Keith sat beside his son's bed, holding his hand as he thanked whatever higher power there was that Robbie wasn't dead. Donovan III had to leave for his shift at the hospital right after the swim meet began and had no idea what happened. He was going through his rounds and walked into Robbie's room. He wasn't paying attention to the occupants, and they didn't notice who he was until he turned around to introduce himself. As soon as Keith laid eyes on the man, he was on his feet. Before Donovan could react or say anything, Keith's fist collided with the man's jaw, knocking the older man on his ass. At the same time as he hit the floor, Mike and the other three dads walked in and gasped.

"You're Goddamned lucky I've got a conscience. If I didn't, you'd be in the morgue." Keith growled as he turned back to his son.

"Don, you've got some fuckin' nerve being in here after what you did to Rob. I'd suggest you get your fucking ass out of this room and start looking for an attorney." Raymond said before leaving to find a nurse and get security in the room.

"Guys, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I didn't do anything to Robbie."

Mike was enraged and lunged at the nurse. He tackled the man to the floor. "You fucking psychotic bastard. You drug Robbie, then have the Goddamned nerve to say that's not doing anything to him?" Mike pulled back and slapped Donovan's face hard enough that his face turned so red, it would've given Rudolph's nose a run for its money. The teen was about to gift Donovan a matching set by a slap to his other cheek when Theo and Timmy pulled him up and off the quaking man.

"Mikey, baby, please calm down. Mr. Abernathy's not worth it." Robbie's croaking, weak voice made everyone stop and look at the teen as he slowly sat up.

"Row!" Mikey walked over to the bed and let his tears fall on his soulmate's chest. The blonde leaned down and kissed his boyfriend's hand. "Baby, I was afraid we'd lost you." He paused and sniffled. "I love you."

Robbie smiled and lightly squeezed his mate's hand. "I'm fine, thanks to Dad reacting so quickly and you jumping in and saving me." He softly giggled. "You're my hero, in sopping wet clothing." Robbie turned his head and coughed.

"How'd you know..."

Robbie smiled and placed his finger on his blonde lover's lips. "Dad told me just before I fell asleep."

"How's Rob..." Donovan IV walked in and stopped short when he saw his Dad getting up off the floor and holding his cheek. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Donovan's glare was filled with anger.

"Son, why..." Donovan III didn't have a chance to finish his question because he was back on the floor, for the third time, in less than an hour. This time, he was on his knees, moaning and rocking back and forth in pain, holding his groin, where his son aimed his powerful kick. All the men in the room groaned and instinctively grabbed their dicks.

"Don..." Robbie started but was cut off by his friend's continuing to blast his father.

"I can't believe you did this to Robbie, you fucking bastard. You knew you were giving him purple drank, and you had the gall to hug him." Donovan paused to wipe his tears. "I've asked Mom to file for sole custody. She's doing so when she gets back in town on Monday. I've already given my statement to the cops as well." The teen paused. "Some fuckin' father you are, you've made your own kid turn your dishonest ass in to the police, and I'll probably have to testify against your sorry excuse for a human being." The teen was physically and emotionally spent. He fell into Mike's open arms and sobbed on his friend's shoulder.

"Son, I..." Donavan III started to say but was stopped by the arrival of the police and hospital administrators.

"Donovan Abernathy III, you're under arrest for attempted manslaughter." The officer cuffed Donovan, read him his rights, and escorted the protesting nurse out to the squad car.

"Dads, you've got to do something. I don't think he was trying to kill me. He shouldn't be charged with attempted manslaughter."

Robbie was so worked up that the machines started going off like crazy, bringing a slew of nurses into the room. The family was ushered out into the hallway. Donovan was a wreck, and Keith took the teen aside and talked with him. The two were still talking when the nurses and administrators exited the room, stating the family could go back in, provided they could keep the patient's stress level down to a minimum.

Mike was the first one into the room and planted himself beside his red-haired angel. The teen softly kissed his peacefully sleeping mate and smoothed his curly locks. He wiped his tears and looked up at his dads. "Do you think Row's right? That Mr. Abernathy didn't have the intent to kill him."

"I don't know, baby boy. Only Don can answer that question. I desperately hope he didn't intend to kill our boy." Timmy said as he lightly rubbed his ailing son's leg and kissed his second son.

"Logically, I know my Dad didn't intend to kill Robbie. Most likely, he wanted to make Rob sick so that he couldn't function at the meet and would be disqualified so that I could compete." Donovan said as he entered the room, with Keith's arm on his shoulder. "I'm having a hard time dealing with either of those thoughts. It's gonna take some time for me to even think of trusting that man again."

"Donnie, your Dad, is very misguided, and his actions were at the very least slightly malicious. However, he acted out of love for you." Keith said as he gently rubbed the teen's back.

"Dads, can I stay with Row tonight?" Mike asked as he got up and hugged Donovan.

"Of course, you can, son. Would you like to stay as well, Donnie?" Theo said, with the three other men nodding their heads.

"I'd love that. I don't really want to be alone tonight. No offense to you guys. You've been amazingly generous to me throughout this whole ordeal." He paused and looked at Mike. "Are you okay with that, Mike?"

Mike smiled as he wrapped Donovan in an arm lock and tickled the brunet's side. "I'd love to have the company, bro."

Donovan squirmed and wriggled in the blonde teen's grip, trying to escape as he squealed and giggled. "No fair, Mike." He protested between his boyish giggles.

"Shhh! You're in a hospital for cryin' out loud, bro." Mike chuckled.

"Don't worry, Donnie, I'll help ya get revenge on Mikey when I'm all better." Robbie sat up and giggled at his mate and friend's antics. "Oh, not that anyone asked, but I'd love the company too." The redhead giggled as he was wrapped in a double hug by the two teens. Robbie was released the next day and recuperated over the rest of the weekend.

The Prosecutor’s Office

On Monday, after school, there was a meeting at the Prosecutor's office. Donovan IV, his Mom, the Hartfords, and the Stetsons were all in attendance. The Prosecutor sat down and proceeded to inform the families of the charges Donovan III would be facing and the recommended jail time. Everyone voiced their approval, except Robbie. The prosecutor asked the teen for his input since he was actually the victim.

Robbie stood up and took a deep breath to gather his thoughts. He wanted to get this phrased correctly. "Sir, with all due respect, I think the charges should be reduced to something that won't give Mr. Abernathy any jail time. After all, I was an unknowing accomplice in all this."

Everyone gathered started to protest Robbie's statement but was silenced by Keith's ear-splitting whistle. "Please, let's give Robbie a chance to explain before dismissing him. Personally, I'd like to see the intended destination of his train of thought." Keith smiled and kissed his son's forehead. "Go on, Rob."

Robbie smiled and returned the affection. "Thanks, Dad." He paused and took a sip of water. "What I meant by my statement was that I helped Mr. Abernathy's plan by not paying attention to the taste or smell of the contents in the bottle. I also paid no attention to the actual bottle. I know I'm allergic to codeine, and I'm also aware of what it smells like. I was careless." He paused and sipped his water. "That being said, I also know the purpose of a prison sentence. They're designed as a punishment and deterrent for committing crimes. Mr. Abernathy didn't mean to hurt me as bad as he did. So, it doesn't make sense to me to send the man to jail and put Donnie through the stress and detriment of testifying against his father. Perhaps, there's a charge that would give him a little jail time that could be served through weekend time?" Robbie gazed into every eye in the room. "We're not a family who holds grudges, and Mr. Abernathy's family needs to start healing."

The Prosecutor, Donovan IV, and Cathy looked at Robbie, flabbergasted. The teen's Dads and Mike were staring at their boy with a mixture of shock and awe. Keith was the only one whose smile beamed with nothing but pride for his son.

"Rob, you do, realize that what you're asking for won't be even close to getting justice for what's been done to you," Cathy stated.

Robbie looked at the only woman in the room. He walked over and stood between her and Donovan. "Ms. Waverly, Donnie, I'd like you to look in your hearts and ask yourselves these questions. "What justice comes from Mr. Abernathy's incarceration? How would a lengthy jail sentence be more beneficial than weekend jail time or community service? Finally, and most importantly, how would that create a path to forgiveness?" Robbie had to pause and wipe his tears. "Is there maybe also some court-mandated counseling Mr. Abernathy can receive that might be more helpful to healing his faults and this broken-hearted family?"

The Prosecutor sat back in his chair and shook his head. "In all my years in this office, I've never seen anyone be that willing to forgive someone and so adamant about seeing they get help." He paused and looked at Keith. "Dr. Hartford, do you have any thoughts on your son's wishes?"

Keith smiled proudly and nodded. "I think he's laid out a very well thought out statement showcasing the love and forgiveness we've done our best to instill in our young men. Robbie has made our family very proud, and I know some therapists who'd be more than capable of helping Don."

The meeting ended with the Prosecutor promising to take the proposal to the judge and Donovan's attorney. A few weeks later, a very appreciative Donovan Abernathy III was handed a suspended sentence, placed on probation, and remanded to a therapist to work on healing himself and his family.

Robbie is freakin' amazing. This is really turning out to be a fun story to work on. I'm looking forward to seeing the family continue to live and love.
Thanks for reading, reacting, and commenting
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So glad that Robbie was not seriously harmed by the OD. What a strong character to show so much forgiveness and compassion as well. Loving this story.  The world would be a much better place with families like this.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Amazing chapter. So glad Robbie was not harmed . It's great that Robbie forgave Donovan III, only having a suspended sentence and therapy will help the family to heal.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, VBlew said:

So glad that Robbie was not seriously harmed by the OD. What a strong character to show so much forgiveness and compassion as well. Loving this story.  The world would be a much better place with families like this.

I agree with you about the world. Although, I did have to let the family blow off some steam. LOL Since Keith's always the peaceful, and level headed one, I thought it was appropriate for him to give in to his protective Papa Bear side and lash out at Don. Donnie, he surprised me when he kicked his Dad, I totally didn't see that one coming. I just thought he'd go off and blast his Dad. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Amazing chapter. So glad Robbie was not harmed . It's great that Robbie forgave Donovan III, only having a suspended sentence and therapy will help the family to heal.

Given time, the family will get past this pot hole. :) I thought it was interesting that Robbie took responsibility for being careless and not paying attention to what he was drinking. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..