Jump to content

Cliff’s Pendant

   (6 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Zach thought he was fooling everyone and was only out to Jake, his kid brother. Then on his 15th birthday, his dad gave him a rainbow pendant inscribed with the Hebrew word ‘Chai’, which means ‘Life’. His dad had had it made to give to his best friend, Cliff, who had AIDS, but never got the chance. Zach promised to wear it with pride, but hid it under his shirt, forgetting he had to undress for gym, a class he shared with Tanner, his secret crush.

This 2021 Fall Anthology short story is part of the author’s New York Stories series, but it stands on its own. The characters are entirely new but will likely appear in future stores by the author.
Copyright © 2021 Altimexis; All Rights Reserved.
  • Classic Author
  • 11/04/2021 (Updated: 11/04/2021)
  • 1 Chapters
  • 7,527 Words
  • 8,703 Views
  • 21 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (9 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 6
  • Characters 9
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 8
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

quokka

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Wow ! What a great story…. Thanks for writing it.

Regards Preston, aka Quokka

  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Zach is a freshman in a large New York City high school. He is shy and crushing on another cute guy, but does not want to leave his closet.  It is his birthday and the unconventional gift is a beautiful gift originally meant for another young man. As the author gently guides you thru the lives and history behind the gift, you will be shown all the different ways humans love.  I love the many small details, human and historical, that make this story so alive and bright. This is a moving story told with great tenderness. It is an intimate story of first love that left me feeling happy, proud and warm inside.  It is a wonderful, well written story to brighten any day.

  • Love 1
Link to review
astone2292

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A brilliant and worth-while read from this year's Anthology. The amount of detail sucked me in and wouldn't let go. Filled with the character's intelligence and awkwardness, this short story put a smile on my face. Very well done!

  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A beautiful and heartwarming story of Zach coming out. With Unconditional love from his Parents and Jake, his brother.

There is the heartfelt story from his Father about the pendant, which Zach will treasure for life.

 

  • Love 3
Link to review
drsawzall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Take a moment to be entertained by an incredible, well written story of finding your first love, with the support of family and friends!!!

  • Love 3
Link to review
Mancunian

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Beautiful story of a boys journey from the closet to being 'out' and in the background there is true parental love, unconditional as it should be.

  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..