Jump to content

Hiking Clifty Falls with Cliff

   (5 reviews)

When my wife died, I decided to move back to Indiana, to spend more time with my grandson. Noticing that Cliff seemed despondent, I decided that a fall hike in Clifty Falls State Park was just what he needed. Suspecting that he was gay, it turned out he was, but his affect was related to something else entirely. We learned a lot about each other and the path we took turned out to be metaphorical as well.

Copyright © 2021 Altimexis; All Rights Reserved.
  • Classic Author
  • 11/11/2021 (Updated: 11/11/2021)
  • 1 Chapters
  • 10,393 Words
  • 6,408 Views
  • 13 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bill W

  

A beautiful and touching story about how hiking first helped a man connect with his developmentally disabled brother, and then later helped him build an intergenerational relationship with his teenage grandson.  And on top of that, there are fascinating descriptions of the natural world they see on the hikes.  The story is perfect for nature lovers and anyone who enjoys a heartwarming tale. 

Link to review
chris191070

  

A fantastic story about love and acceptance. We learn more about our main characters as they hike the trails and marvel at the scenic beauty along the way.

Link to review
Mancunian

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

A great story of love acceptance so much more, I felt like I was there with them. A great read that draws you in.

  • Love 1
Link to review
Headstall

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Yes, a gentle and sweet story about family and what it can really mean. I hiked along with these characters, and enjoyed the scenery. Cheers!

  • Love 2
Link to review
Mawgrim

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A gentle story, during which more about the two main characters are revealed on each turn of the path. I could easily envision the trails they hiked and the beautiful scenery along the way.

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..