Jump to content
    Altimexis
  • Author
  • 465 Words
  • 2,147 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Naptown 19 - Spring Break - 1. Prologue - A Father's Idea - Rob

Spring Break

A Naptown Tales Novella by Altimexis & David of Hope

Prologue - A Father's Idea - Rob

I was just dozing off. Warm, comfortable, cozy; Lindsey was spooned into me; my arm resting on her hip; her comfortable softness allowing me to drift into a remembrance of our many contented nights of happiness together. I knew if I relaxed just one more level, the comfort of happy dreams would be swarming forth as my subconscious mind smothered the reality of my thoughts.

“Rob . . .” she whispered.

“Hmmm . . .” I hummed back.

“I was thinking about spring break for the boys,” she continued whispering.

I didn’t want to be removed from my reverie, “Uh hmmm . . .” I whispered back.

“How about a trip to Disney World . . . I know Sammy would love it.”

“Trevor’s been there,” I mumbled with my eyes too heavy to open, and then a thought sparked my mind. I’d lost my dreamy state, but kept my eyes closed. “How about a summer holiday at Disney World, but something academic for spring break . . . like a trip to DC?”

Lindsey nudged her soft rump into my crotch with a jerk. “Love it. Let’s do it. Maybe we should call on Dick while we’re there. Weren’t you and his son around Sammy’s age when you were friends?” she asked.

“Calling us ‘friends’ is vastly overstating it,” I replied in my groggy state. Let’s just say Chet thought of me as his friend, and I tolerated him. We went to the same day camp,” I said with a yawn, “that’s all.

“Chet was a snobby little brat and I was one of the few kids that didn’t tell him to buzz off . . . or worse. Dick was the mayor of this town back then, and yet he took the time to pick up his kid at camp, every day.”

“I know,” she said with a laugh. “You’ve told me a jillion times before. He always waved to you, or asked you how you were doing, and even had you over to his house a few times. Dick’s been very good to you; he got you into the Young Republicans, and got you some of your business connections when you were first starting out and you’ve been a very generous campaign supporter in return.”

“Dick’s a good guy . . . probably one of the most honest in the Senate.”

“And one of the most senior, and most powerful,” Lindsey noted, “but surely he’ll take some time out to spend with one of his staunchest supporters.”

“It’s been ages since we’ve been to DC, but I’m sure you’re right,” I agreed.

“Goodnight darlin’,” she whispered drowsily.

“Yeah, goodnight sweetheart,” I whispered as my subconscious rearranged another cog in a puzzle.



Discuss the Story



⇐ Previous Tale



Naptown Index



Next Chapter ⇒


 

2009 Altimexis. All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..