Jump to content

Infinity

   (1 review)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

It's Christmas Eve and Jack sits by his comatose best friend's hospital bed, he reflects on their years of friendship and prays for a miracle.

Copyright © 2012 Andrew Todd; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Infinity
    • 5,430 Words
    • 8,435 Views
    • 12 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

ChillFire

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

 

It’s Christmas Eve. Finn is in a coma, and his prognosis isn’t great. Jack, his boyfriend, has been sitting at his side every day, hoping Finn will wake up and come back to him.

Will there be a miracle this Christmas?

What I Loved

Jack and Finn are a really cute couple. Great usage of flashbacks to show their love for each other and how it came to be.

I really liked this quote: “He wasn’t turned on by Finn because he was a boy; he was turned on by Finn because he was Finn.” Ah, the vast spectrum of sexuality.

Spoiler

Finn gradually working his way to being able to stand his ground (first having to be saved by Jack, then Jack teaching him what to do, and finally being able to use his skills against Simon) was excellent.

What Could’ve Been Better

Honestly, I don’t really have anything that I’d like to criticize. Yes, really.

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Spoiler

I really hope Simon got his comeuppance. Assaulting someone badly enough that they end up in a coma? He needs to be locked away for a long time to get some help, jeez.

Verdict

A heartwarming short story. I have to admit, the first time I sat down to read this I teared up a bit at the end.

Definitely give this a read.

5 stars.

 

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..