Jump to content

Corporate Galactic Corporate Galactic

   (6 reviews)
Genres: Science Fiction
Sub-genres: Dystopian

Companies were always out to make a profit. They want to sell product, expand their business, and wreck the competition. As technology advanced, so did efficiency. Like most planets in the Galactic Union, Earth's offerings were considered unique and vital for other races.

How would corporate power and greed alter humanity's existence?

Submission for the Newsletter Genre Challenge. Per the challenge's randomizer, this is my first attempt writing a Dystopian Sci-Fi.
Featured on April 2022's CSR
https://gayauthors.org/blogs/entry/20341-april-csr-feature-corporate-galactic-by-astone2292/
https://gayauthors.org/blogs/entry/20378-april-csr-discussion-day-corporate-galactic-by-astone2292/
Copyright © 2022 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 5

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Jared
    • 3,527 Words
    • 1,623 Views
    • 36 Comments
  • 2. Symanthus
    • 3,073 Words
    • 1,566 Views
    • 22 Comments
  • 3. Silyn
    • 3,647 Words
    • 1,516 Views
    • 26 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cscampbell

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a really cool concept. This is really three stories taking place in a far future of our universe. Each chapter takes a look at what life is like for that chapter's starring character in their universe.

All three stories are well written and leave you wanting more. Lots of really great characters who you fall in love with.

I for one really hope to see more from this universe.

Great job @astone2292!

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review! 

I'm super excited to be revisiting this universe within the near future. I wanted this story to be somewhat believable, and I'm glad I could accomplish that. 

  • Love 5
Link to review
drsawzall

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A realistic look at what our future as Humans might look like, with all the foibles we exemplify as a sentient race!

Thoroughly enjoyable, well written and populated with an incredible cast of character's!  

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, doc! I wasn't expecting the sudden popularity of this short story, but I'll be making room in my planner to write more. The characters were so much fun to create, and I can't wait to revisit them. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is @astone2292 first attempt at writing Dystopian Sci-Fi and these three vignettes are pure brilliance.

They will have you hooked with there brilliance. They will leave you wanting more of these memorable characters who show that they can balance, risk hope and fate.

Response from the author:

Thank you for leaving a review, Chris! 

I'm pleased to know I could create an entertaining world! The Newsletter Genre Challenge brought out something in me, providing an opportunity to write in a genre I would've never thought to participate in. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is a fantastic group of vignettes giving the readers a tantalising taste of the future of humans integrating into a galactic culture.  The various vignettes have many interesting characters of various species that inhabit this future.  The author's creativity in creating this unique world is very evident in each story. The dialogue is exceptional and makes this a very entertaining read. 

Response from the author:

Thanks, raven!

This short story was so much fun to write. Jared, Symanthus, and Silyn are some of my favorite characters in their own special ways. I'm glad you enjoyed these vignettes! Adding a second set is on my to-do list. :yes:

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
ZekeNix

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members


Aaron masterfully built a detailed dystopian sci-fi world in a small package.  He spun a fine tale balancing risk, hope, and fate that demands more!  Well done, Aaron  👏

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, Zeke!

An error on my part; this story is still ongoing at the time of this response. There's two more chapters coming, but I don't want to change the status of this story to In Progress, as this review might get deleted. 

Stay tuned in the next few days!

  • Love 4
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

These three chapters and intriguing, intelligently invented, enlightening, and fun, all at the same time.  The main characters interest, explain, and involve our imaginations as we enjoy Aaron's imagination which created these three chapters.  I would give this set of stories more than five stars if the system would let me -- they are that good.

Hope especially to see Jared, Horacio, Symanthus, Zaltho, Silyn, and even Frederick the taxi driver again.

Response from the author:

Well, now I have to include Frederick in the WIP! :gikkle:

Thanks for the review, Paul! Having been in the retail industry since I was in diapers (Dad brought me to his grocery store many a time), I've stared at corporations and their greed for longer than I care to think. It was high-time I put them where they think they should be: openly in governmental power. 

I'm excited to see which of my other stories you'll pick next to read. 

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..