Jump to content
    Brayon
  • Author
  • 395 Words
  • 1,299 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Shorts, and Flash Fictions - 2. Prompt #518 - First Line: “Who gave you the right to read my journal?”

A short Prompt story, using it for practice.

“Who gave you the right to read my journal?” Gavin asked in a stern voice.

“You did, last night,” was the reply from Kyle.

“I was drunk! You’re using it against me,” Gavin said while narrowing his eyes, and approached Kyle.

Kyle looks over the edge of the journal book, and smiles some, “Sit down. Besides, you read mine last night. Also, I wouldn’t call this a journal. It seems more like a book of shadows. I knew you dabbled in Witchcraft, but I didn’t think you were this serious about it.”

Sighing defeated, he sits down next to his lover, and curls up to him, looking over his shoulder, “You could call it that. I use it for my practice, and it has spells, rituals, prayers to my gods, and my collected thoughts. I’m not superstitious like some others, so it’s fine that you’re looking at it.”

Kyle turns his head some, and kisses Gavin on the cheek, before turning back to the book. “It says here, you don’t believe in love spells, but you have seen one done?”

“Yes. One of the other witches in my Coven thought he needed a new love, and had a crush on Channing Tatum. He found someone that looked like him and tried the love spell. It worked too. For a one night stand Hook-up, and this was after he turned him down first. But remember, magic comes at a cost, and using it for selfish reasons, tends to bite you in the ass. He ended up with a horrible case of Crabs from it.” Gavin laughs remembering the incident. “We banned him from the circle after that.”

“No, shit?” Kyle asks while laughing.

“No, shit,” Gavin confirms. “Now, this spell is a cooperative spell, which only lovers can do. It enhances the senses during sex, and both partners, need to be fully committed to each other and practicing witches. I’ve wanted to cast it for you, but I know you don’t practice, or believe in the art.”

“No, I believe in it,” Kyle says. “It’s that I’m not talented with magic like my good looking witch is.” He leans in for a passionate kiss, which Gavin returns.

Soon enough, the journal is on the table closed, as the two lovers, head to the bedroom, for a different kind of magic.

 

 

The End

Copyright © 2017 BHopper2; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Good job.. I like the little playfulness at the end. 

Thank you! I was trying to be playful with this short, and I am glad it came across like that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Well done on a difficult prompt line. The shift in verb tense (from past to present) in the beginning is a bit jarring, though. I liked the idea that selfish magic will cost you. :lol: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Well done on a difficult prompt line. The shift in verb tense (from past to present) in the beginning is a bit jarring, though. I liked the idea that selfish magic will cost you. :lol: 

Whoops... Did not notice the verb change, so thanks for pointing that out. I dabbled* briefly with witchcraft, *coughs* Don't judge, *coughs* and that was the major point made by the people who taught me. Selfishness will bite you in the ass.

 

 

 

 

*By dabbled, I mean, I fully through myself into for a period of time, as part of my spirituality. Seen some stuff, but can't really describe the experience.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
55 minutes ago, deville said:

Loved this , so subtly sets out the Lore! 

Thank you for reading! I try, though I sometimes end up being a bit more heavy handed when it comes to lore and stuff.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

@BHopper2 From whence cometh these writing prompts?  It looks like an excellent way to get out of a rut. :)

Most of them were just free-writing and practice pieces.

Number 3 was a short under 500-word scene that was part of a newsletter game.

Number 11 & 12, center on me a little, but twisted a little.

Number 16... Well, that's based on a real event. The names are changed to protect the not so innocent.

 

EDIT: But almost all the prompts came from GA, and in the Writing Prompt forum, or in the blogs when they get posted.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm reminded of your "wrong number" comment in chat a few days ago.  It would lend itself very well to this format.  First Line:  "I think you have the wrong number."  :)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

I'm reminded of your "wrong number" comment in chat a few days ago.  It would lend itself very well to this format.  First Line:  "I think you have the wrong number."  :)

I'm glad you enjoyed all of these, and for all the reactions, Backwoods. The wrong number would be good as a First Line prompt. Damn man... you just inspired a new prompt.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..