Jump to content
    Brayon
  • Author
  • 994 Words
  • 891 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Shorts, and Flash Fictions - 4. Prompt #573 – Creative, Tommy.

Warning: Strong Language, Cursing, and suggested violence.
Creative Prompt: "Most people saw Tommy and said he was nothing but trouble. You saw Tommy and called him a friend. At least until Tommy brought a world of trouble to your door, begging for help. What do you do?"

AJ sat down on his bed looking at his best friend in the face. Tommy was sitting across from him, in his desk chair, with red puffy eyes. “What’s going on Tommy? I can tell you’ve been crying.”

“My life is fucked, completely fucked. I’m being accused of something, I didn’t do, spent most of the night in interrogation at the Police station,” Tommy said with a voice straining with emotion. “Why does it always happen to me? Who did I wrong in another life, to get this much shit?”

For as long as AJ has known him, Tommy has had a rough life. His mother died in childbirth, and his drunk of a father refused to take him. None of any Tommy’s biological family wanted the ‘son of a crack whore,’ so the State placed him into foster care. Where he has bounced around till he was 15-years-old when he ended up being placed with AJ’s parents, whose son was the same age as Tommy. Tommy had a juvie rap sheet a mile long, and no one wanted to give him a chance. But AJ did, and he has done so for six years now.

“OK. So, what are those lame fuckers accusing you of?” AJ asked.

“They found my DNA at the scene of an armed home invasion. Video footage too, but it was dark and grainy. There was an altercation, and the homeowner was shot. I just….” Tommy responded before he broke down again.

AJ moved over to Tommy and embraced him. Lifting him from the chair, they fell back onto the bed. AJ lying on his back pulled Tommy to where he was laying on his chest and held him while he cried.

“I know you didn’t do that Tommy. I believe you. I always will.” AJ states while rubbing his friend’s back. “When was this supposed to have happened?”

“The night we made love for the first time, on your twenty-first birthday, last week,” Tommy held on to AJ, as he said this. “The detective verified I was at the bar with you, but we left before the incident. I didn’t tell them about us. But they had the Uber Driver’s records to showing what time we left, and where we went to. That Hotel is five blocks from where the robbery happened, at about ten past midnight.”

AJ sighed hearing this. When Tommy moved into his house six years ago, they both were coming terms with their own sexuality. They were both gay, but AJ felt that they shouldn’t be a couple because of issues with his parents. He wasn’t out with them yet, and they still thought AJ was looking for a good lady at college. Instead, AJ and Tommy have been dating guys, and going on double dates, the whole time, and were roommates in college. Eventually, they both realized they were in love with each other, and there was no denying it any longer. It would completely destroy his relationship with his parents, as they were both staunch anti-gay.

“I know for a fact where you were all night. At ten past midnight, I was balls deep on you. Damn it…” AJ said, trying to think this through.

“I know. You’re in a horrible spot. Help me, and you lose your parents. Don’t help, and I’m going to jail for a crime I didn’t do.”

“What DNA did they have?” AJ asked after a moment of thought.

“It was blood somehow. They had a warrant to examine me without a shirt on. Took pictures, and let me go without charging me this morning, after being there for twelve hours.”

“That’s odd, like really odd.” AJ fished out his phone and hit speed dial. “Heya Mom. Yes, I’ve heard about Tommy…” He paused while his mom talked. “Now, as to why I called. Do you have Tommy’s foster file? Good. Is there anything about other kids? What I mean is does Tommy have a Twin? Yes, I am being serious. I know he is innocent.” His voice became stern while he talked with his mom, “how do I know he is… Simple. He and I were having sex at the time of the robbery. Don’t start that shit Mom. I love you, but I am Gay, so is Tommy, and I’m not gonna hide it anymore. Now… Are you going to help me keep your future Son-in-law from going to prison, or not? Cause I got shit to do, and don’t need your Homophobia.”

AJ realized that Tommy was looking at him in stunned horror. Bending down some he kisses Tommy’s forehead, “Surprise! I was going to propose to you later tonight.” He smiles at Tommy, and turns his attention back to the phone call, “yes, I’m still here mom. Your records show he does have an identical twin. How long did you know? This whole time, but you weren’t allowed to tell him… That’s just great, never mind some other time. Yes, I love you. I’m sorry I raised my voice to you, and yes I’ll talk to you and dad later. I know it’s a shock to you, and I know your opinion of gays. I just hope we can still be family, Me, you, Dad, and Tommy. Alright, we’ll meet you at the station. I love you mom, bye.”

Tommy found his voice a few minutes later, “I can’t believe you just did that! Told your Mom we were gay, told her off for her starting something, and I have an identical twin. You’ve gotta be fucking me.”

“Not right now, I’m not,” AJ stated matter-of-factly, and they both broke out in laughter. A healthy cleansing laughter, which turned to tears of joy for Tommy, as AJ reached into the nightstand, and produced a ring box. “I wasn’t kidding about future Son-in-law. That’s if you will have me.”

“Yes… Yes, I will,” Tommy says, before breaking down again.

 

End Scene

Hope you enjoyed this prompt story, as much as I enjoyed writing it. Questions and Comments welcomed.
Copyright © 2017 BHopper2; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

2 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Great Job! I really loved this one.

Thanks! AJ and Tommy will be in the next prompt I'm posting. #579 - How can you be so sure?

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Whoa, talk about blindsided ! And what a way to get proposed to, lol. But I'm glad they found a solution - except now Tommy had to face the fact his twin brother may have murdered someone. :o  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Whoa, talk about blindsided ! And what a way to get proposed to, lol. But I'm glad they found a solution - except now Tommy had to face the fact his twin brother may have murdered someone. :o  

 

It's why Tommy is drinking in the next prompt and has been most of the afternoon (he can hold his liquor well). I'm going to have to write a short about the Twin, as a non-prompt to explain it somehow. :unsure2:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..