Jump to content
    Brayon
  • Author
  • 413 Words
  • 772 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Shorts, and Flash Fictions - 9. Prompt #602 - First Line - “Just tell me which room is his, now!”

Hope you enjoy.

“Just tell me which room is his, now!” The Officer yelled as Doug tried to block his way.

“You can’t go down there, Sir!” Doug yelled back and held onto the larger man who outranked him. “I have orders, from someone higher than you.”

The officer struggled more, before some MPs came over, and helped restrain him. “I’ll have your stripes Sergeant. You can guaran-fucking-tee that.”

Doug cringed inwardly but showed resolve as he stared down the Officer. “Begging your pardon, Sir, but I highly doubt you have the authority to do that. Now, respectfully, I’ll ask you to turn around, and take your ass back down that hallway, and leave.” His tone, plus the fact that his hand dropped to his sidearm, was enough to show it was not a request.

In, a huff, and with a few insults thrown in, the larger man turned and left. After he was out of sight, Doug let out a long sigh. “If he comes back, put a bullet between his eyes.”

“Sir, yes sir!” the MPs said.

Doug turned around and walked towards the door that was the subject of intense emotion. The traitor was in there, and he had a job to do. Regardless if he agreed with it, or not. He stood outside the door with one hand, on the control panel, and his stare boring a hole through it. He felt the same way as the Officer did. He would rather kill this person, and not guard him, but he had orders.

He opened the door and took a step inside the brig. The lobby was Spartan, with just a few monitors, and a desk. Two cells occupied the far wall, and in one of them was the Traitor. He was just a boy, no older than 12-y/o, and now Doug struggled not to pull his weapon, and gun down the kid.

“Is the corridor secured, Sergeant?” asked the only other person in the room.

“It is Inspector, Sir. Had trouble with a few Officers, but the MPs are under orders to shoot anyone that tries to get in here.”

“Very well, secure that hatch Sergeant.”

As Doug turned and shut the hatch, he did not see the Inspector move. The sound of the gun going off, made him turn, to see the boy dropping dead, before the Inspector, turned the gun on Doug. The second shot was just as deadly.

Doug was dead before he hit the ground.

Copyright © 2017 BHopper2; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..