Jump to content

A Friendship Lost and Found

   (4 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Tristan Rader and Gavin Munson met as four-year-olds and almost immediately became best friends.  However, their time together ended the summer before fifth grade when Gavin’s father got a new job and his family moved away.  As the pair grew older, their paths would cross and bring them together in unexpected ways, only to have fate intercede and cause them to lose contact yet again.  Will the journey of life win in the end or will fate triumph?  Only time will tell. 

 This is my entry for the Fall/Winter 2021 anthology, ‘A Winding Path’

Copyright © 2021 Bill W; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 2

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Doha

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is a refreshing story of 2 people who take the scenic route on finding each other. Tristan and Gavin are meant for each other and despite the winding path their relationship takes, their love is never in doubt. 

A great read for a quiet afternoon. 

  • Love 2
Link to review
Gary L

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Not many of us got a second, or third chance to reconnect.  This is a lovely, lovely story.  I adore huge sagas a la Mark Arbour or Carlos H but this story shows great things really can come in small packages, and are the better for that.  
As Carlos says in a succinct comment: Read it.  I did and so must you. 

  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Tristan and Gavin experience the ups and downs of growing up, friendship and losing friendship. This is a beautiful story that leaves us wanting more, not everyone is as lucky as Gavin and Tristan.

  • Love 3
Link to review
Mancunian

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

The ups and downs of growing up, finding and losing friendship is a part of it and we don't all get experience the happy ending that Tristan gets. This a short but good read and leaves the possibility for @Bill W to expend and continue the story in the future, I hope he does as this could be the beginning of something bigger. A recommended read.

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..