Jump to content

My Son 2. The Tampa Chronicles The Tampa Chronicles - Expanded Reading

   (6 reviews)

Adam Smith is a successful businessman, who recently came home to Tampa, Fl. Retired at age 38, living in a newly constructed house, he feels like he's set for a new chapter in his life, with plans to set up a Micro-Brewery.

 

That all changes when he gets a call from the Florida Department of Children and Families.

Dedicated to @MichaelS36, for inspiring me to write something different, and outside my comfort zone.
Discussion Thread
Copyright © 2018 BHopper2; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 2

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mikiesboy

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

When @BHopper2 said he wanted a little challenge and he was given suggestion, he took the challenge and ran with it.

 

His efforts took him out of his usual comfort zone and he came up with a lovely story. It felt real and honest to me. It was (and is always) a pleasure to work with BHopper2.

Great short piece worth reading. Stands on its own, but this could easily be the start of a nice book.

Response from the author:

Thanks, Bro, for the review. It is always good to work with you.

  • Like 5
  • Love 3
Link to review
JeffreyL

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

BHopper2 has written a most enjoyable short story! Adam is thirty-eight and finds out he has a son who is a teenager. An interesting plot, well-drawn characters, and realistic dialogue take us through the joys and fears of meeting your child as a teen. This story is complete in one "chapter," but I hope the author chooses to write more about these characters.

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

  • Like 5
  • Love 4
Link to review
KayDeeMac

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Excellent story!  I really enjoyed getting to know Adam and Rob. 

Response from the author:

Thank you very much for the review. I'm glad you loved the story. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
Boybig007

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

I just read this book last night, I loved it. I got butterflies in my stomach and ups and downs while reading it. Thank you !

Response from the author:

Thank you, very much for reading, and reviewing my story. I appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

An amazing story about 38 year old Adam who discovers he has a teenage son and all the trials and tribulations that are caused by the son’s grandparents. Well worth a read.

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review, Chris.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
Gary L

· Edited by Gary L

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Not sure how I missed this but it’s a great father reconnecting with son story with twists and turns on the way.  
the whole series of Tampa books is great. Easily 5*****

Response from the author:

Thank you, very much for the review! It is greatly appreciated.

  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..