Jump to content
    btaoc1963
  • Author
  • 22,492 Words
  • 1,851 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Order - 9. Chapter 9

Content warning: This story contains adult situations, language, and consensual sex between adult men. If said content is illegal in your state or country, please leave now and do not continue.

(** Prologue **)

One Year Ago

The sharp sound of a harp string plucked in the Heavens woke Taliesin from a sound sleep. The single note reverberated throughout Creation, passing through distant stars and across the infinite void, making its way to Earth for those with ears to hear such things.

Springing out of bed, Taliesin rushed outside to look skyward, his face anxious and flushed with excitement. It was still night, dark and cold in the southern hemisphere where he currently lived. The sky was crystal clear, and the stars so bright the spiral arm of the Milky Way was clearly visible. As the note faded absolute silence followed; the usual nightly sounds quieting in light of what just occurred.

Shifting his Sight, Taliesin saw remnants of the Rift before it faded, and he could barely contain the mix of joy and trepidation over hearing the sound, and what it might mean for him. As the Rift closed, the last star visible shone brightly for a moment over the northern hemisphere, telling him where he needed to go.

At last! After all the years an end was in sight, to finally be free and end his miserable existence. He would have to tread carefully and prepare; his freedom depended on one who now bore the Mark and that person accepting the Gift Taliesin carried within him.

More excited than he had been for centuries, Taliesin rushed around his small house, dressing and making preparations to leave. An hour later, with the clothes on his back and his guitar slung over his shoulder he abandoned his home, never intending to return. As he walked down the path to the road his eyes turned White, and hundreds of glyphs became visible over the exterior of the small structure. Glowing brighter and brighter, they started to smoke, and within seconds burst into flames, reducing the house to ashes and leaving no evidence for The Order or The Enemy to find.

 

(** Beginning of Chapter **)

 

It took Taliesin the better part of the last year, but he finally discovered where he needed to be. It didn’t surprise him Aaron and Albrecht were at the heart of what was going on. He wasn’t happy about their involvement as they were more likely to cause him trouble than give him aid. By a strange twist of fate he was once again allied with them, even if they were unaware of it, and he would take great care to keep his presence hidden from them, at least for the time being.

Taliesin sensed the presence of Nephilim as well. He couldn’t see them, but their involvement was evident, and any fool could see the ripples they left. Their interest in the unfolding events confirmed he was in the right place at the right time.

Taliesin knew he was in the right city, but Aaron protected the man he needed to locate.

Damn you, Aaron, you always were the clever one.

Through the Gift, Taliesin discerned Aaron was attempting to revive The Order, and that particular day was pivotal in the success or failure of his efforts. In his Dreams, Taliesin saw many faces circling Aaron, but he couldn’t identify which one he needed. There were ten faces, five pairs, yet only one would bear the Mark. Unfortunately, he would have to help them all since he didn’t yet know which one he needed.

Taliesin’s Mastery of the Gift was extreme and never in all his years had he faced so much difficulty in finding someone. It was more than Aaron’s protection that prevented him, and he wondered at it. Somehow the ten men remained hidden from him, their identities shrouded in a cloud he could not pierce.

It didn’t matter, if the one he needed was connected to another, he would just have to eliminate whoever that might be. Taliesin would let nothing stand in the way of his freedom and removing the shackles those wretches in The Order kept on him.

Taliesin sat on a picnic bench in a small secluded grove of trees in a Park near downtown Atlanta. He spent the last few days inscribing glyphs to mask his presence, but once he interfered his protections wouldn’t last long. He would have to be wary and ready to flee quickly if necessary.

One aspect of his Dreams that was crystal clear was that The Enemy was desperate to stop whatever Aaron planned. Taliesin knew they would bring all their strength and hatred to prevent whatever Aaron was about to do.

Ever curious, Taliesin wished to be at the center of it all and see events firsthand, but living thousands of years had taught him patience and caution. He hadn’t survived all those years being stupid. The weight of those years sat heavy on his Soul; he wasn’t meant to be Immortal and longed to be normal again so he could die.

Sitting with his guitar in his lap, he began idly strumming chords, tuning his instrument and waiting for the day’s events to unfold.

 

<><><>

 

Ken and Brad were first on the schedule for the new Procedure. They got up early and went for their usual run but skipped weight training for the day. Once back at the house, they showered together but decided not to fool around.

Fuck B, I’m gonna be hard all mornin’.

Brad laughed and thought: Yeah, I’m with you, but if we’re supposed to fast, I think staying away from sex as well as food will give us an even clearer Mind. Don’t you?

Hell no! I’ll just have a clearer picture of your dick in my head.

Aww, poor baby. I promise to treat you extra special when we get home. How about that?

Ken got that little kid grin on his face.

Damn you fell for that one easy!

The doctor wasn’t an early riser, so their appointment wasn’t until 0900. Even though they weren’t supposed to eat, they stopped and picked up breakfast for the doc.

The morning started out beautiful and sunny, but as they got closer to the Lab the sky darkened with clouds. Traces of lightning were already showing, and Ken, with his heightened senses, heard and felt the distant thunder inside him.

Looking up through the windshield, Brad said, “I thought today was supposed to be clear and sunny. Oh well, we can use the rain. If we aren’t too wiped out after whatever happens, it would have been nice to get in the pool and catch some sun this afternoon.”

When they pulled in the Lab the parking lot was empty, so they let themselves in and turned on the lights. While waiting for the doctor to arrive they checked their emails and Ken had a few important messages from Darren about shutting down the company. He was still looking over the attached spreadsheets with Brad hovering over his shoulder when the doctor arrived looking sleepy and a little disheveled.

Grinning, Ken asked, “Wild night last night doc?”

Just as the doctor was about to reply, his eyes caught sight of his breakfast.

“Ah, bless you both! I do not know how I would survive without you.”

Brad and Ken smiled at one another, loving how dramatic he got over greasy food.

“While I partake of this scrumptious meal you have provided, the two of you can go and prepare. You will need to strip completely. I know the floor is cold, but no socks please.”

Ken and Brad went to their lockers and stripped down, and by the time got back the doctor was just finishing his food.

Brad asked, “Where do you want us, doc?”

“We will be in the gymnasium. I have commandeered the boxing ring for the day.”

The three men entered the gym and when Brad turned on the lights, he and Ken were surprised at how much equipment was in the ring. Ken jumped up on the ledge and stretched the cables apart to make it easier for the doctor to get in.

As soon as he stepped through, the doctor immediately began turning on power switches and waking up computers. Amidst all the equipment, Ken and Brad noticed a small table covered with glass beakers and various colored serums, and a large chest they had never seen before that looked old. To Ken’s enhanced senses it smelled musty and strange.

“I have prepared special harnesses for you to wear. They are delicate, so please be careful when putting them on. You can help each other to make it easier. There is a diagram on that table instructing you how to get in and out of them.”

As he spoke, the doctor opened the old chest, exposing an intricate set of drawers and small cabinets. He pulled out the two bottom drawers and set them on one of the tables, revealing the harnesses.

They were made of various colored metals and wires, designed to reach down between their legs and wrap back up across their torsos and backs, clasping at the shoulders and neck. In addition, there was a small chain connected to a circlet that went around their foreheads. There were additional clasps at three points on the harness at the head, chest, and abdomen.

At first glance the harnesses looked fragile, but once on they were surprisingly sturdy.

Brad laughed and said, “We look like we belong in a bad science fiction movie, doc.”

The doctors only comment was, “Just wait.”

Reaching inside his shirt, the doctor pulled out a small crystal on a delicate silver chain. He waved it over two of the small intricately carved panels in the chest and with a slight pop, they opened.

Brad and Ken looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

The doctor noticed their looks and said, “You are about to set foot on the next part of your Journey. You have taken a few steps on this road in the last months, but after today you will be changed forever. This is the last procedure I will put you through, and it is irrevocable. As with the previous alterations, you will continue to grow and mature for many years to come.

“This next step will seem the strangest. What you will experience today is a different type of science. You could say it is metaphysical, but only in the sense that it is beyond any conventional science you have been exposed to so far.

“I will warn you, there are going to be slight physical changes, but I think you will both be pleased with the results.”

The doctor opened another small panel revealing two rows of ornate disks, each with a colored crystal in the center; one blue, one yellow, and one red. Brad realized what they were right away.

“These attach to the clasps at each energy center on your bodies. They go in order and will only fit in the appropriate spot.”

Brad picked up the small oval disk with the red crystal.

“Alright, Ken I’ll put yours on first and then you can do mine.”

Leaning over, Brad attached the crystal to the clasp just below Ken’s belly button. As soon as it clicked in place the crystal began to glow, and Brad let out an “Oh!” in surprise.

“What do you mean, oh?”

Glancing down, Ken saw the red glow and said, “Oh!”

Chuckling at his reaction Brad said, “We need to wear these to our next Christmas Party doc.”

Brad attached the yellow crystal next, fastening it to the clasp at the center of Ken’s chest, and as soon the crystal was in place, it started to glow as well.

Ken grinned and said, “That’s so cool!”

Smirking, Brad fastened the blue crystal to the clasp on Ken’s forehead. When he finished, Ken had three glowing crystals at the energy centers on his body.

Brad said, “Actually you look like you should be in a sci-fi porn movie.”

“Yeah, I kinda like this! I see what you mean about the Christmas party. This is awesome, doc! Okay, golden boy, your turn.”

In another minute, Brad had the same glowing gems attached to his harness.

“Alright, I need you both to sit on the mat in the middle of the ring, back to back with your legs crossed. I want as much physical contact between you as you can manage, so press tightly together.”

Both men did as they were told. Brad, as always, loved the feel of Ken’s warm solid body against his own. Not only did it feel great, but it helped him to relax. When they were as close as they could get, the doctor used small hooks to connect their harnesses together across their upper shoulders and down their sides.

Brad asked, “Doc would it be a problem if we held hands instead of keeping our arms down?”

The doctor paused a moment, reflecting on Brad’s question.

“It would give us more physical contact.”

“Try it and let me check the readings.”

Ken and Brad intertwined their fingers and held their arms out to the side with their skin touching.

The doctor looked at his monitors, and said, “Yes, that is fine, slightly better in fact.”

“Now, I want you to relax. I anticipate this process will take slightly less than an hour to complete. You will feel many things, some may be uncomfortable, and some may feel very good. It is imperative you stay as still as possible and do not attempt to guide or manipulate any of the energy flows once they start. I cannot stress this enough; under no circumstances try to influence anything in any way. And, no matter what you see or hear, do not move.”

Ken said, “You’re makin’ me nervous, doc. Is everythin’ alright?”

“I have allowed for extra protection today, but The Enemy does not wish this Procedure to happen. I am confident they will attempt to interfere. The building is secure and the gym even more so, but we cannot be too careful.”

B, I can tell he’s worried.

I know. He’s trying for our sakes not to show it, but I can tell he’s uptight. I still wish we knew more about why today is so much more important than any of the other Procedures we’ve already gone through. I trust him, and I know you do too, but I’m scared for him. We won’t be able to help him if something goes wrong. Hopefully, Albrecht is close by. From what he said, if The Enemy interferes directly it lets him intervene, and I know he won’t want anything to happen to the doc.

You’re right. But I tell ya B, I don’t think we’ve seen what the doc is capable of. My guess is if it comes down to a fight, he’s gonna be like Yoda and whip some ass like we’ve never seen.

Brad smiled at that thought, and the imagery Ken’s comment brought to mind.

“Quiet your Minds please.”

They both blushed, hoping the doctor hadn’t overheard them.

“No, I was not eavesdropping, but I can tell when you are talking to one another by your facial expressions.”

The doctor picked up some cotton balls, and after dipping them in rubbing alcohol he swabbed the ball of each man’s right shoulder. Then he took out a small vial with an eye dropper and placed three drops on each shoulder. A slight sting followed as the drops absorbed into their skin.

The doctor opened a small refrigerator and took out what looked like two Sippy cups for small children, clearly labeled ‘Kenneth’ and ‘Bradford.' He moved to Ken first and put the straw to Ken’s lips and said, “Drink.”

Ken was surprised at the flavor and how good it tasted, just like a strawberry milkshake. The doctor held the other cup for Brad, and it tasted like banana peanut butter, his favorite.

“Now, relax. It will take a moment for your energies to start flowing.”

The doctor dimmed the lights, putting the room in total darkness except for the computer equipment and the glowing gems on the harnesses. Ken felt the vibrations running through the building as the storm outside built up, and his thoughts drifted back nearly twenty years to the day they faked their deaths in Syria and the storm that rocked the helicopter. He remembered various other pivotal times in his life and how bad weather seemed to reflect those times.

A sudden intense feeling of wrongness hit Brad and Ken out of the blue. It was gut-wrenchingly fierce, and both of them exclaimed, “Doc! Something’s up!”

“Yes, I feel it as well. It is imperative you do not move. You must stay put and let me deal with whatever comes up. Remember; do not attempt to interfere. Promise me, both of you!”

Neither of them liked it one bit and trusted the doc, but they didn’t want him in any danger because of them.

They both said, “We promise,” the reluctance clear in their voices.

 

<>

 

Ken and Brad knew something was about to happen; their instincts screamed ‘danger’ as loudly as ever. They couldn’t yet see the giant robed figures standing outside the boxing ring. Even standing on the floor, the top rope of the ring only came to the waist of the tall figures.

It is time.

We must hold.

Against a third of the infinite host?

We will not be alone. We must prevail.

What the doctor has done will help, but even he is unaware of what is about to descend upon us.

Each of the Nephilim stood on one side of the ring, their long arms outstretched so their fingertips touched.

Let us begin.

Bowing their heads reverently, the chorus of their Mental voices began the age-old incantation.

We stand outside Time, in a place not of Earth, joined together as One. By all thy Holy Angels, by the powers of Light, we call Thee to guard and defend these men from all perils, O Most High.

The leader of the four sent his thoughts out to the Universe, his voice loud and clear.

Four Corners, I Call Thee to me!

Looking to the Heavens, he continued: Hail, Mighty Uriel, Archangel and Protector of the North. Angel of Death, Protector of the Nether Shores, Power of Earth, Life, Patience, and Strength, I greet you now in perfect Love and perfect Trust. Changeless power of unending change, in steadfastness and strength, I bless the element of Earth and call upon you to gather here with me.

As soon as the Nephilim started the ritual, the darkness in the gym changed. The blackness of the ceiling shifted subtly, filling with stars and the vastness of the heavens. With Uriel’s name invoked, his ghostly form appeared behind his Summoner, twice as tall, human in shape, but winged. Uriel cloaked himself, appearing hazy, knowing the men below could not look on his true form yet without being destroyed.

The second Nephilim continued: Hail, Mighty Raphael, Archangel and Protector of the East! Healer, Guardian of Wind and Tempest, Power of Air, Intellect, Thought, Intuition, and Imagination, I greet you now in perfect Love and perfect Trust. As you carry the seeds of life across the land, as you bring the moisture of the storms to the shore, join me in all your gentle and powerful ways. I bless the element of Air and call upon you to gather here with me.

With each successive Invocation, each Archangel appeared behind his Summoner, standing tall and powerful in the same manner as Uriel.

The third Nephilim continued: Hail Michael, Mighty Archangel, and Protector of the South. Defender, Keeper of the Gates of Eden, Power of Fire, Feeling, Passion, and Determination, I greet you now, in perfect Love and perfect Trust. Flaming One, Bright Warrior, Wild courage, Lion-strength, I bless the element of Fire and call upon you to gather here with me.

The fourth Nephilim continued: Hail, Mighty Gabriel, Archangel and Protector of the West. Herald and Voice of the Most High, Power of Water, Emotion, Love, and Intervention, I greet you now, in perfect Love and perfect Trust. Water, soft and yielding, formless and flowing, you are the blood coursing through our veins. I bless the element of Water and call upon you to gather here with me.

The Nephilim, their voices resonating between their Minds and the Universe, said: Amen.

The four Archangels, Protectors of Ken and Brad, stretched out their mighty wings, wrapping and intertwining them around the ring, forming a Shield. A dome appeared, barely visible, covering all of them.

In the darkness of the Heavens, visible now in the ceiling, an ebon cloud appeared, blotting out stars as it formed. It was far away but rapidly growing in size as it approached. It boiled and seethed as grotesque shapes writhed within it. It was all the Power of the Dark, its mightiest servants, come to destroy the Hope of The Order.

 

<><>

 

Sensing the danger but unable to see it, Ken and Brad did their best to trust the doctor and relax.

After a few minutes, they felt warm and flush, and the gems on their harnesses grew brighter. Their bodies became tight, like after an intense workout with their muscles swollen and full of blood. A sheen of sweat covered their muscular bodies, and the light from the gems reflected brightly off their wet skin in the darkness. Something was building inside them, like a damn about to burst.

Suddenly, a ribbon of vibrant azure energy arced out of their foreheads, looping back, Brad’s into Ken and Ken’s into Brad, connecting the two men and creating a circuit. The suddenness and Power of it startled them, but they remained still. There was no pain, just a powerful feeling of warmth and strength as their Minds flowed together to become One. Each man felt the other through the energy flow as they did the previous night but magnified a hundredfold. This time, however, it began to change them.

The swirling energies warmed and moved the air around them, soothingly brushing across their sweaty skin.

A moment later a burst of golden energy erupted from the gems at their chests and a second ribbon formed, connecting them. The air moved stronger, causing the hair on the heads and bodies to move slightly. Their Minds, Hearts, and Souls were now wholly together, and even prepared, the profundity and intensity of the connection overwhelmed them. Their Souls embraced, and they once again became lost in the depths of one another. Tears streamed down their faces, unable to contain the joy and love they felt at being completed in one another.

After another moment the last gems flared, and a thick crimson ribbon erupted, looping back and joining their physical bodies. They were, at the moment, One being, greater by far than the sum of their individual selves, and the Paradox of their existence was evident for the first time. They had no knowledge of it yet, but that was what The Enemy feared, above all else.

Where the arcs of energy intersected molten sparks flew and the flows became blindingly White, so intense the doctor could hardly see them. The hair on their heads and bodies blew like they were in a windstorm.

Brad and Ken squeezed their hands tightly together. Neither was afraid, but the stresses in them from the changes taking place made themselves felt. Their Bodies, Hearts, and Minds became fluid, coursing between the two of them. When it returned to them it was changed, stronger than before and far more Powerful.

The only coherent thought either of them could form was I love you, and they kept repeating it to one another like a mantra. Every ounce of love they shared between them went into those words, holding them together, anchoring them, while their very existence was about to break apart from the stress of the changes they underwent.

 

<><><>

 

The Black cloud was beyond measure. In the Spiritual Realm, the barrier protecting the boxing ring, barely visible before, flared brightly as the cloud struck, and the whole building shook with the impact, nearly knocking the doctor off his feet.

With the first blow, lightning and thunder cracked deafeningly through the skies of Atlanta, an echo in the Physical Realm of what occurred across the Veil. Relentless, the cloud struck, again and again, as smoky tendrils like fists beat upon the Shield, attempting to shatter it and destroy the men beneath. Thunder and lightning continued to ripple across the sky with every blow. Funnel clouds appeared, causing alarm as high winds blew down trees and power lines.

As powerful as the forces Protecting them were, the Enemy threw everything it had against the barrier, desperate to break through and destroy the two men before their Transformation was complete. The ghostly figures bowed from the pressure, and the Nephilim who summoned them were on bended knee, shaking with effort. The dark cloud was relentless, driven by the evil Will of The Master, guiding and strengthening every blow, trying to find a small crack to get through and devour the Minds and Souls of the men below.

Across the city, Taliesin sensed what was happening, and knew it was time to join the fight. His only hope of freedom rested in letting whatever was happening finish.

He started to play his guitar, and his eyes turned White. He had been writing the song that came to Mind for hundreds of years, not realizing until that moment what its purpose was. The Gift was clearly at work as his fingers moved faster across the strings, and wind swirled around him as the final lyrics fell into place. His voice lifted loud and clear, filling his Soul and carrying him where he needed to go to find the strength to help. His voice, heard above the wind, resonated across the Veil.

Across the city in the Lab, the angelic figures heard Taliesin’s song and were heartened by it, bolstered by the strength and protection he sent their way. They slowly straightened, and not only held the Enemy at bay but began to slowly push them back. The movements of the cloud became frantic, as The Enemy realized it might not succeed.

 

<><><>

 

Ken and Brad had no idea how much time had passed since the procedure started. The energies began to dissipate, slowing and becoming less bright. As the colors dimmed, they pulsed in time with their heartbeats, continuing to diminish as their heartbeats slowed. Both men breathed deep and were exhausted.

In the same instant, an intense sting on the ball of their right shoulders surprised them. At first, it felt like a bee sting, but it quickly spread until it felt like thousands of tiny needles being pushed into their skin. The three colors erupted from their shoulders, burning like a white-hot brand. They cried out, partially from pain, but mostly from the unexpected suddenness and intensity of the sensation as something else Awakened within them.

Movement caught their attention and looking upwards their eyes opened in surprise. Tall, Powerful figures wearing long gray robes stood at the edge of the darkness just outside the glow of the energies, towering over the ring, standing at least twenty feet tall. The eyes of the robed figures glinted with the last reflected light of the energy coursing through and between the two men. Both Ken and Brad felt Power emanating from the figures, making them feel insignificant next to whatever or whoever the beings were. Their faces were still as stone, but the one closest nodded his head, acknowledging Brad and Ken.

As the last of the glow disappeared, both men’s eyes glazed over and they passed out, each leaning against the other.

 

<><>

 

As soon as the doctor turned the lights back on, he was aware something profound happened. The building shook as the storm raged outside and the glyphs the doctor placed as protection, previously invisible, were now broken and smoldering. Something tried to break through and nearly succeeded. He looked around cautiously, casting out his Mind, attempting to sense any lingering danger. What he felt shocked and disturbed him. He heard music at the edge of his perception, a voice he had not heard in hundreds of years. Until that moment the doctor wasn’t sure if Taliesin was still alive. What did his presence mean, and how was he involved?

Focusing on the present, the doctor rushed to check on Ken and Brad. He would deal with the mystery of Taliesin’s involvement as time allowed.

Quickly assessing their status, Ken’s and Brad’s vital signs were within acceptable limits. The doctor noted Brad’s increased body temperature, now the same as Ken’s. What he saw on their shoulders though, both shocked and surprised him.

“What!? How?”

He fully expected to see a symbol on their shoulders. A symbol representing their Primary Avatar was supposed to manifest itself during the ritual. What he saw were multiple symbols, one primary in the center surrounded by four others. Not only that, but there were six colors as part of the mosaic tattoo, three Primary and three Secondary. The implications of the combination and intricacy of what he saw staggered him. It was unexpected, and he could only guess at the meaning. He didn’t care for surprises and would move forward cautiously until he had a better understanding.

Looking with great love and affection on the two unconscious men, he saw the difference in their features immediately and one of his rare smiles appeared.

“Yes, I think you will both be pleased. My sons, you never cease to amaze me. I will never get an apology, but I am beginning to think I will get the satisfaction of proving my theory right. You are the Hope of the world. I hate the responsibility that will rest on your shoulders, but I could not be prouder of you, and I know you will prove me right.”

Resting his hands gently on their heads he leaned over, lightly kissing each of them on their forehead, his love for them shining brightly in his misty eyes.

The doctor could not see the ghostly Archangels still present, or the Nephilim, but he felt their presence and knew they helped. He looked up and spoke out loud, knowing they could hear him.

“Thank you for your Protection. The world could not stand to lose them.”

In a quiet voice he added, “Or me.”

 

<>

 

With one last push, the Angelic protectors scattered the Dark Cloud, driving it back and dissipating it. It would reform soon enough, but for today The Enemy was held at bay.

The ghostly beings lowered their wings and vanished. With their departure the stars faded, and the darkness in the gym became normal once again.

Their voices weary, the Nephilim breathed a sigh of relief.

We prevailed.

Barely.

Why did the Bard assist us?

It matters not. His aid made the difference.

The Enemy will not return today. They exhausted themselves in their attempt. There is no need to warn the doctor of their return.

We will stay and pay homage to each of our new Brothers as they Awaken. Today they come into their Heritage as one of us.

They are not one of us. They are more than we are.

Your concerns are noted. We will watch them as they grow and intervene as necessary.

 

<><>

 

The doctor let Ken and Brad sleep until their bodies determined to wake them up. He knew Ken would wake first and after half an hour heard him stir. The doctor knelt, taking Ken’s head into his hands and feeling his forehead.

“How do you feel Kenneth?”

With a light groan, Ken said, “Like I got hit by a truck, sir. How long have I been out?”

“Not long. A half hour at most.”

“Is Brad alright?”

“He is fine. He should wake momentarily.”

“Doc, who or what were those beings we saw? Was I imaginin’ them or were they real?”

The doctor did not react openly to his surprise at Ken’s question, but his stomach turned in knots. The reason behind the tattoos began to form in his Mind.

“I saw no one, Kenneth. What did they look like?”

“They were huge doc, at the edge of the shadows. I could barely see ‘em, but they looked right at us, and one of them nodded just before we passed out.”

“That is very interesting. I think now is not the time to discuss them, but I promise we will speak of this again after the others have gone through their procedure. If all goes well, I would like to gather everyone together again perhaps late tomorrow, and we can discuss it then.”

“Should we be worried?”

“Actually yes, but not in the way you might think. They are allies we have not seen in ages. However, nothing is certain yet, so put it out of your mind for the moment. Let us get Bradford up and get you both dressed so you can get something to eat. Do you have a headache?”

“Yes, sir. I feel like my head is about to explode.”

“Alright. I can help with that in a moment.”

Brad moaned as he regained consciousness. Ken stood up slowly but steadily, looking himself over. He felt different but couldn’t put his finger on it. He noticed the intricate and colorful tattoo on his shoulder and exclaimed, “Oh! Nice tat, doc!”

“Yes! That is one of the changes I mentioned.”

Ken knelt in front of Brad, and once he looked at Brad’s face he exclaimed, “Oh my God, doc!”

The doctor smiled, replying, “You should look in a mirror my boy.”

Brad’s eyes opened, and he stared at Ken. It took a second for his eyes to focus, and then they widened in surprise with an awestruck look on his face.

When Ken and Brad entered the Program they were twenty-four and twenty-five years old respectively, and after their initial changes they stopped physically aging. The process they just went through caused a maturation of their Body and Mind, aging them. Before they were handsome young men, now they were handsome mature men. They were now at the pinnacle moment of the perfect age for each of them.

The musculature of their bodies filled out and thickened, and their faces appeared older and more mature. Neither of them could ever have imagined the other being any more attractive or desirable than before but seeing each other in such a new manner was stunning.

Brad and Ken stared at each other, slack-jawed. Brad was the first to move, reaching out and touching Ken’s face like he thought it wasn’t real. The touch of his hands spoke volumes about how he felt towards the man in front of him. Ken didn’t want to get hard in front of the doctor if he didn’t have to, and Brad’s touch, combined with the look on his face, was definitely having an effect on him, so he smiled and said, “Let’s get these harnesses off, B.”

Just like the end of any mission, they helped each other out of their gear and cleaned everything. Putting the disks back in the cabinet, they set the harnesses on the table for the next couple to come in. The doctor left them alone for a few minutes while they did that and came back with two glasses of what looked like red Kool-Aid. He mixed in a powder and stirred it until it dissolved.

He handed each of them a glass and said, “Drink. It will help with your headaches.”

They both said, “Thanks, doc.”

Ken no longer felt any danger and asked, “So doc, is everythin’ alright now? I’m not pickin’ up on the danger anymore. Did somethin’ happen?”

“More, I think, than you or I will ever know Kenneth. Many things happened today I was not expecting. I believe for the next few days we will be safe, and then we will need to upgrade our security protocols. I will explain more after everyone has recovered.

“Now, I must reset everything for Bryan and Lane, who should be here shortly. You two can get dressed and relax the rest of the day. Get something to eat. I can hear your stomachs rumbling.”

Even though he was still naked, Ken unexpectedly pulled the doctor into a tight embrace and said, “Thanks, doc, for bein’ a part of our lives and takin’ care of us. We love you.”

Brad came in from the side and put his arms around both the doc and Ken and said, “We do doc.”

The doctor, caught off guard, choked up from the unexpected show of affection. He put his arms around both men and hugged them back.

“I cannot imagine my life without you either. I love you both as well. Now go, eat, and rest, and I will see you tomorrow. I will email you a time once I set the meeting.”

Both men replied, “Yes, Sir.”

Brad and Ken went back to their lockers and started to get dressed. They couldn’t keep their eyes off one another.

“B, we need ‘ta get somethin’ to eat, but we need to hurry. I’ve got to get you home and in bed pronto.”

“Yeah, I’m with you. Let’s fill up and get home ASAP.”

 

<><><>

 

Neither Brad nor Ken were aware of what occurred on a cosmic scale. They would find it difficult to conceive that a few men on a tiny planet could be so important in the grand scheme of Creation. Actions in the Physical Realm affect the ever-waging War in the Spiritual Realm, and the opposite is also true. That day, the cosmic scales that had been tilted in favor of The Enemy for many years moved backward ever so slightly.

Even though The Enemy failed to destroy them, there would be many chances to end The Order and their new Warriors. It would be years before they grew into their full potential, and they would be vulnerable and unprepared for the attacks to come. They would need to be taught a lesson soon, perhaps one of pain and suffering, not of the Body but the Soul. They would pay a heavy price for their victory that day.

 

<><><>

 

It was slightly after midmorning when Ken and Brad left the Lab. The clouds had dissipated, and the sun once again shone brightly in a brilliant blue sky. As they pulled out of the parking lot, Bryan and Lane were pulling in and honked their horn to say ‘hello.'

Ken’s stomach let out another big rumble, and Brad’s followed.

“Man, whatever happened sure took it out of me,” Brad said.

“Yeah me too, B. It’s only mid-mornin’. Where can we eat? I don’t wanna eat breakfast unless you have your heart set on it.”

“Hey it’ll take a few extra minutes to get there, but why don’t we hit The Trough? It’s all you can eat so we’ll get our money’s worth today. It’s not the healthiest place, but right now we need quantity over quality. They should be open by the time we get there.”

“Oh man, that sounds great, good thinkin’.”

“That’s why I’m the brains, and you’re the brawn,” Brad said with a smile.

Ken grinned and said, “Fuck you.”

“Not ’til after we eat!”

 

<><><>

 

They pulled into the parking lot right at 1100. Usually, Ken ate enough for three to four people, but Brad matched him plate for plate. They were both surprised, and Ken laughingly said, “Damn, B you’re puttin’ away the chow today. I’m impressed!”

Brad looked a bit sheepish as he got up to fill another plate. With food in them they both felt better, and the last vestiges of their headaches disappeared.

While they ate sitting across from one another, they couldn’t stop staring and taking in the subtle changes in their bodies and faces. Ken kept Brad’s hand in his and played with his fingers like he did in the car, not caring if anyone noticed. Brad played back, and they just kept smiling.

Ken finally laughed about it and said, “Damn, B, I feel like we’re on our honeymoon. I just can’t get enough of lookin’ at ‘ya. You were beyond handsome before, but now….”

Instead of answering with words, Brad let Ken see himself through his eyes, Mind, and Heart. Ken’s eyes watered from the intimate feelings and affirmation that Brad felt the same way about him. Of course they both knew it after all they had shared and been through together, but each time their awareness of each other was reaffirmed, it affected them as if it was the first time. Deep down they both hoped that feeling would never fade, even if they lived forever.

Ken lowered his head to hide his tears as their server refilled their drinks. He chuckled to himself, and when the server moved away he murmured, “B, you fucker.”

When Ken looked up, Brad’s eyes were bright with tears of his own, and they both started laughing.

For whatever reason, Brad’s unconscious Mind chose that moment to make him aware of how many people were staring at them. Once he noticed it, he became curious. As exceptionally handsome and well-built men people often stared at them, but this was different, and he couldn’t put his finger on it.

Ken yawned and stretched, putting his arms above his head and tightening his body. His muscles flexed, causing his t-shirt to pull tight, leaving little to the imagination.

A plate dropped loudly nearby, and when Brad looked, a woman was staring at Ken slack-jawed, her hand out where she held the plate a second ago. A few other people stopped, staring at both of them.

“Ken, I think we need to head out.”

“But I wanna get dessert!”

Grinning, Brad asked, “What am I, chopped liver?”

“Alright, I’ll grab somethin’ on the way out.”

Ken made himself an ice cream cone at the dessert bar, and they headed to the car.

 

<><><>

 

As soon as they were seated and buckled in, Brad cupped Ken’s stubble-covered chin in his hand and kissed him. They both got into it, and the kiss lasted for nearly a minute. Both of them were breathing hard, and their shorts were tented by the time they broke apart.

When they pulled back from one another they each let out a quiet, “Fuck me!” and started laughing again.

As they pulled out of the parking lot, Brad said, “Ken something weird was going on back there.”

“Yeah, we kiss better than before. I didn’t think that was possible, but shit…”

Brad couldn’t help himself and busted out laughing, and it took him a minute to get himself under control.

Ken smiled and had a ‘what did I say’ look on his face.

“God, you kill me sometimes. I wasn’t talking about us kissing I was talking about the people in the restaurant. I totally agree on the kissing, by the way.”

“Yeah, I noticed people starin’ more than usual too, but that’s no big deal, especially after this mornin’.”

“I’m sure it has something to do with this morning. That lady dropped her plate because she couldn’t take her eyes off you when you stretched.”

Ken’s little kid grin appeared and he flexed a bicep, saying “So, she’s got good taste, that’s not a crime.”

“It’s probably some type of after effect. I’ll ask the doc about it tomorrow. In the meantime, where’s the warp drive on this Explorer? We can’t get home fast enough.”

It took them almost twenty minutes to get home because of lunch hour traffic. The entire way home Ken held Brad’s hand and played with his fingers.

 

<><><>

 

Once in the house, after Ken punched in his security code and Brad hung his keys inside the door, they walked straight to the bedroom where they shed their wallets and watches and kicked off their shoes and socks.

Brad was thirsty, and called over his shoulder as he went back to the kitchen, “You want anything to drink?”

“Yeah, I’ll take some water.”

Ken followed him to the den and sat in the corner of the couch, leaning against the cushions. Brad grabbed two bottles of water and sat beside him.

“Come here, B.”

Ken pulled Brad’s big body over like he weighed nothing. Ken spread his legs and positioned Brad face down, so his head rested against Ken’s upper chest, hugging him and rubbing his back.

They rested together, silent for a few moments before Ken said, “Fuck, B, you feel so good against me. Man, you’re nice and warm. The doc said you’d be like me now as far as that goes. That’s hot as hell.”

Ken had a lazy grin on his face at his joke. Brad was low enough that Ken’s cheek rested against the top of his head, and Ken kissed him and nuzzled his cheek against his hair.

With his face against Ken’s chest, Brad’s voice was muffled as he said, “Shit Ken, I’m so hard it hurts, but I just want to stay here a minute.”

Wrapping his arms around Ken’s torso, Brad squeezed their bodies tighter together and burrowed his face more snuggly against his lover’s hard chest and let out a sigh of contentment. Ken’s strong and steady heartbeat along with the heat of his body was relaxing. He also felt Ken’s erection through his shorts.

It was so peaceful with Brad on top of him, holding him, that Ken relaxed and let his Mind drift. Brad’s warm breath on his chest through his shirt was a comfort. Ken ran his hands gently up and down Brad’s back under his shirt, feeling his muscles and enjoying his body. After a minute, Brad’s breathing slowed and Ken realized he was asleep.

With his stomach full, and the man he loved more than anything in the world wrapped in his arms, asleep like a baby, Ken laid quiet and content, without a care in the world. He continued running his hands up and down Brad’s back until finally, his hands stopped as he drifted off to sleep.

 

<><><>

 

While Brad and Ken slept, their Bodies, Minds, and Souls adjusted to the last of the changes. The tattoos on their shoulders glowed softly, occasionally flaring brighter and spitting arcs of color. A pattern in the energies flowed between the two men, intricate and complex, as their Avatar’s communicated with each other.

Six hours later Ken’s stomach rumbled loud enough to wake them. They slept so soundly neither man moved, and with Brad’s face still against Ken’s chest, the cavernous rumble of his stomach was magnified and woke Brad with a start. Brad breathed deeply, inhaling Ken’s scent and hugging him tightly, not wanting to move but at the same time his empty stomach was intensely uncomfortable.

Ken laughed and whispered a barely audible, “Sorry,” as he hugged Brad back.

“I can’t believe how hungry I am,” Brad said groggily.

“Yeah me too, B. We should have expected this, it’s not like this is our first rodeo.”

“Yeah, but we never made it to the extracurricular activities.”

“Is my dick the only thing you ever think about?”

“So, what’s your point?”

“True, but we don’t wanna pass out. I wanna be fully charged so we can fuck ourselves into oblivion. The problem is, do we take time ‘ta fix somethin’ here or do we run out? I say we run out. We got steaks in the freezer, but it would take too long ‘ta thaw ‘em and cook everythin’ else. What sounds good?”

“Let’s hit up Crossroads Grille. You mentioned steak, and that’s the best that isn’t too far away.”

“You always pick the best places. That sounds great. I love those little loaves of bread they bring out.”

Brad peeled himself off Ken, cupping his face and leaning forward to kiss him on his forehead. Reluctantly he lowered his hands, loving the feel of Ken’s unshaven cheeks.

Brad went to the bathroom, and then into the bedroom to get his shoes and socks. When he walked in, Ken sat on the bed with the sleeve of his t-shirt pulled up over his shoulder rubbing his tattoo.

“Hey B, feel this.”

Brad put his hand on the tattoo and it felt warm, almost hot. The colors were incredibly vibrant and the detail incredible. It was an intricate pattern of symbols, or perhaps letters, but in a language they were unfamiliar with. Brad put his hand on his own shoulder and felt the warmth through the fabric of his shirt.

Brad said, “Interesting. It doesn’t hurt, but it does feel hot and a bit itchy. Does yours feel okay?”

“Yeah, it feels fine, just warm and a little tingly.”

With a knowing grin Brad said, “We’ll need to keep them covered during dinner, and then we can let them have all the open air they want when we get back.”

Ken’s stomach rumbled again, and he looked down exasperatedly and said, “Would you shut the fuck up! I know!”

Brad laughed and put his hand on Ken’s hard abs and said, “Alright, I need to take care of my man. Come on, let’s go.”

 

<><><>

 

Two hours later, they had devoured three steaks each and split a third, two baked potatoes each, a salad apiece, and split a large brownie Sunday for dessert. Their server was overly flirtatious and kept trying to talk to them throughout their meal. They weren’t rude but made it clear they wanted to be left alone. People stared again, most trying to be subtle, but a few openly gawked. The manager, her face flush, came by their table multiple times to check on them and make sure everything was good, and made a point of touching an arm or shoulder while she talked incessantly.

On the drive home, Brad said, “We definitely need to talk to the doc about this. That could get old quick.”

“Naw, man it's no big deal. I mean look at us… after everythin’ the doc has done ‘ta us… You know I’m not sayin’ that outta ego. I do think somethin’s goin on we’ll probably need to learn to control. You and I can’t keep our eyes off one another either, so why should they?”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. I could do something about it if it gets out of hand, I just don’t like to mess with people if it’s not necessary. Maybe it’s just an aftereffect and will stop when the hunger wears off.”

“Hey! Did you just say I’m right?”

“No wait…. shit!”

Brad laughed, “Okay, yeah, I’ll give you this one.”

Brad grinned, knowing Ken got him in their ongoing joke. Ken intertwined his fingers in Brad’s hand that wasn’t on the steering wheel and kissed the back of it.

As they pulled into the garage, Brad said, “Alright we need to be quick. I bet you anything we’re going to pass out again after all that food, so we need to take advantage of this short window of opportunity.”

“Thank God, B. I’ve been trying ‘ta get in your pants for the last eleven hours. I got a reputation ‘ta uphold.”

“Alright, meet you in the bedroom in two minutes.”

“Okay, I just need to hit the head on the way back.”

They both took off running into the house, laughing and pulling off their shirts as they ran.

When Ken got to the bedroom, he stopped in his tracks as soon as he entered the room. Brad was already in bed, naked, with the lights out and two candles lit, posing seductively with the sheets pulled up to his waist. He had his arms stretched out, showing off his body, and the stark lighting from the candles accentuated the musculature of his tanned body beautifully.

“Fuck!”

Already shirtless, Ken frantically kicked off his shoes, ripped off his socks, and dropped his pants in two seconds. His solid erection slapped against his tight abs with an audible “thwack!” when he pulled down his underwear.

He got on the bed on his hands and knees, crawling forward until he hovered over Brad. All he could think to say was, “God B, you’re…”

Ken’s voice trailed off, mesmerized by the sight of Brad’s body. The new maturity was subtle but breathtaking, and his face even more handsome than before. Ken literally could not stop staring and thinking how lucky he was to have such a man in his life that loved him.

Maintaining eye contact with Ken, Brad reached down and started caressing Ken’s erection and tight balls.

“For tonight Ken, I want us to have good old-fashioned, raw, hot, sex. No Mind Games or bonding or merging. Just skin on skin, body on body.”

As he spoke, Brad used every trick he ever learned to please Ken with his hands. With his anticipation already high, the intense pleasure nearly paralyzed Ken. Brad’s hands, his lover’s hands, caressing him, working their magic after eleven hours of sexual frustration took him to the edge in seconds. Ken leaned forward and put his hands on the wall over the headboard, overcome with sensations Brad stirred in him.

“Oh fuck, B, ohhhh….”

With Brad’s ministrations, Ken’s body became more and more tense. Brad watched Ken’s arm and chest muscles tighten, driving Brad to double his efforts. With the hand that gripped the base of Ken’s dick, Brad pulled Ken’s body forward and took the head into his mouth.

Sweat popped out all over Ken’s body and the orgasm he waited for all day erupted from deep inside of him, taking over his body. His back arched and he threw his arms out to his sides, stretched and taut like steel beams, his head thrown back, and his eyes shut tight. He thrust his chest out as Brad’s mouth and tongue milked every drop out of him. Amidst the waves of pleasure, Brad’s hands rubbed Ken’s muscled body wherever he could reach, caressing him through his orgasm.

Ken’s breath came in harsh gasps like he just spent hours in the gym. Brad kept at it for a few minutes letting Ken ride out the pleasure until his breathing slowed.

Brad received his physical charge from swallowing Ken’s load, which he wanted for the next part. He kicked down the sheets with his feet and pulled Ken on top of him. Ken, spent for a minute, rested on Brad and let himself be held. His eyes still shut, Ken buried his face down into the crook of Brad’s neck and shoulder while Brad held him tight, occasionally rubbing his hands up and down Ken’s back. He loved the intimate vulnerability in Ken after he came.

It wasn’t long before Brad’s pulsing dick pressing against his abs got Ken moving. Lifting himself up on one arm, Ken used the other hand to pull Brad’s legs up and apart. Brad rested his ankles on Ken’s shoulders, and Ken slipped his still hard and slippery dick into his lover. He entered slow and gentle, knowing Brad had no prep time, and heard Brad’s exhale of pleasure. As soon as he was in, Ken leveraged himself at the angle he knew would maximize Brad’s pleasure.

Ken stroked Brad in tune with his thrusting, and it didn’t take long for Brad to lose control and surrender to his own orgasm. His body trembled uncontrollably as he shot hot white ropes of cum across their abs and chests. Ken pulled Brad into a tight embrace, kissing and licking his neck as his orgasm continued.

Once Brad recovered, Ken stayed on top, still inside him, continuing their kiss. Neither one said a word. Their emotions were too powerful to express verbally, and they agreed to keep things as normal as possible. Making eye contact, they smiled and pressed their sweaty foreheads together as they grunted, groaned, hugged, and touched one other.

Now that they each had an orgasm and had more staying power, they got down to business. Ken never went soft and began thrusting again, both their bodies still tense and sweaty. For nearly half an hour each man brought as much pleasure as possible to the other until finally, neither of them could hold back. They knew each other well enough to read the signs of impending orgasm, so they pushed hard and came within seconds of one another in another emotionally charged gut wrenching orgasm, hugging one another tight the entire time.

When their breathing slowed, they changed positions, so Brad once again had his head on Ken’s warm sweaty chest.

Brad whispered quietly, “Ken, if we’re dreaming I never want to wake up.”

“Me either, B.”

They both lay quiet in each other’s arms, sleep fast approaching.

Brad asked lazily, “So where do you want to eat breakfast? We’re going to crash any second, and I’d rather decide when we aren’t so hungry.”

“You always make better food decisions than I do, B.”

“Alright, I say we go to The Original Pancake House.”

The only response Ken gave was a rumble in his stomach which caused him to laugh.

“Talkin’ about food has me hungry already.”

“Man, we are bottomless pits.”

“You know the worst thing about this hunger is I can’t wake up ‘ta good mornin’ sex with you ‘til we get through it.”

Brad, listening to Ken’s heartbeat, was fading by the second but managed to quietly say as he drifted off, “Yeah but just imagine all the years we’e going to have together. We can be together forever, and I like that.”

“Me too B, me too.”

They both fell asleep again in each other’s arms.

 

<><><>

 

Ken woke first, and while hungry he wasn’t as uncomfortably ravenous as the previous two times. He looked at Brad’s handsome face, still asleep, and his devilish grin appeared. He moved slowly and carefully, thankful Brad was a heavy sleeper and still worn out from the changes. Ken was going to get his morning sex after all!

It took him a minute to extricate himself from Brad's arms without waking him up, and he started playing with Brad’s soft dick. It wasn’t long before Brad grew to his full potential, and Ken started gently sucking him. By the time Brad woke up and realized what was going on, he was almost ready to explode.

“Oh man, Ken. Shit. Oh yeah, oh fuck…”

Once Brad was awake and talking, although still not coherently, Ken turned things up a notch and took Brad all the way down his throat. That was all it took, and Brad was hit with a powerful orgasm.

What happened next caught them both by surprise. As soon as Brad’s cum hit the back of Ken’s throat, Ken’s eyes went wide, and he felt a rush as his Mind Opened and expanded.

Ken managed to squeak out a quiet, “Oh Fuck!”

Brad knew something happened and was in Ken’s Mind in a heartbeat.

Oh my God, B. This is amazin’! It’s like the other night but much stronger!

As soon as their Minds connected Brad realized what happened, and he was thrilled and excited for Ken. No words were necessary with their Minds intertwined. Brad wrapped his arms and his Mind around Ken and held him close while he finished recovering from his orgasm.

Ken was so turned on by getting Brad off and being in his head, as soon as Brad recovered Ken straddled his waist and started furiously stroking himself.

Brad cupped Ken’s tight balls with one hand, and with his other hand, he caressed Ken’s chest and arms as he jacked himself off. Ken’s entire body was taut with pleasure as he worked his way up to an intense morning orgasm.

Brad Opened their energy centers, creating a current between them. He wanted Ken to know and experience how much the sight of him and touching his body turned him on.

Ken was already close, and Brad’s roaming hands and mental coaching sent him over the edge, and he let out a loud, “OHHHHH FUUUUUCKKK!” as he shot a massive load all over Brad’s hairy chest. Ken worked up a sweat from his effort, and his muscular tan body shone in the morning light coming in through the window. Ken’s body was still jerking slightly in tune with his orgasm, and as soon as he let go of his dick Brad took over, continuing to stroke him, trying to prolong his pleasure.

Once his breathing returned to normal, Ken lowered himself on top of Brad, rubbing their chests and abs together, smearing his cum between them. Brad reached his arms and legs around Ken and hugged him tightly, his hands roaming over Ken’s broad back. As they cuddled, Ken’s stomach let out a loud rumble, and they laughed. Brad loved the sensation of Ken’s body on top of his when he laughed. It felt like he was under a rockslide.

Finally, Ken broke the silence saying, “Okay B. We need ‘ta hop in the shower quick and head out for food.”

Before Ken could move Brad stopped him. Ken looked and saw the hungry look in Brad’s eyes, and he smiled. Brad grabbed Ken’s dick by the base and took his entire length down his throat, cleaning off the cum dripping down his shaft. Fresh strength filled Brad’s body as he imbibed Ken’s DNA, fueling the Spiritual bond between them. With one last stroke, he reluctantly let Ken’s dick go.

They got out of bed and went to the bathroom, where Ken turned on the shower to let the water get hot while they brushed their teeth. Looking in the mirror at their scruffy faces, they glanced at one another and grinned, shaking their heads in the negative about shaving.

When the water was hot, they hopped in the shower and quickly soaped each other up and washed each other’s hair. Except for one long kiss under the shower they didn’t play around even though they were both hard again.

Brad checked the weather on his phone and it was supposed to be hot all day, so they wore shorts and t-shirts out for breakfast.

As they left the house, both of them received an email from the doctor telling them he wanted to wait another day, possibly two, before gathering everyone together. There were a few unexpected side effects, mainly prolonged hunger, and he wanted to give them additional recovery time. He would be in touch, but reassured them that everyone was well, and even better than he expected.

 

<><><>

 

The next day Ken and Brad were back to normal as far as their eating habits, except moving forward Brad would need as much food as Ken. His body now operated on a much higher energy level and his metabolism burned through calories faster than before.

Brad and Ken made a point to call every one of the guys since they went first and were over the anticipated side effects. They also wanted to check on their buddies, and ensure everyone was alright.

The doctor sent a follow-up email asking everyone to come into the Lab at 1200 the next day for a debriefing.

Ken called Sally to see how things were going and asked if she could meet him and Brad for lunch or dinner. She said lunch would be good, so they got cleaned up and ready to meet her, wearing dress shirts and slacks because they wanted to take her to her favorite restaurant.

On the way to the office, Brad asked Ken, “How do you want to handle our change of appearance with Sally? Do you want me to cover it up?”

“No, I don’t wanna lie ‘ta her like that. We can say it’s our new workout regimen and supplements the doc has us on. If she doesn’t buy it, you can maybe give her a nudge ‘ta accept that idea, but only as a last resort.”

“Okay, you’re the boss on this one.”

When they arrived, Sally was ready to go, but as soon as she saw them, she stopped dead in her tracks and let out an, “Oh, my!”

Both guys gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Sally knew they were a couple, in fact, she knew all the guys were gay and thought it was fantastic they had all served in the military together and were such close friends. She always flirted with them, and like most women, loved to talk about other guys with them when they had the time to chit chat around the office.

“You two look incredible! It’s only been a few weeks, but you seem so different, what have you been doing with yourselves?”

“Just new protein supplements and a new workout program from our doctor, sweetie.”

“Well, you need to bottle that and sell it. When we go to lunch, there isn’t going to be a dry vagina in the house.”

Brad and Ken busted out laughing. Sally’s sense of humor, when she was not around clients, was a bit coarse but hilarious.

They took Sally to the Capital Grille, knowing it was one of her favorite places to eat. Sally, being escorted by two big, handsome men, played it up for everything it was worth. The guys let her have her fun and got a kick out of the way she flaunted herself and them.

Once they placed their orders, she looked at both of them and asked the question, “So what’s the bad news?”

Ken raised an eyebrow and Brad blushed, lowering his head sheepishly.

“Look, it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to know something’s going on with the company. Business has been thriving, and suddenly you have me outsourcing all our clients? That can only go on for so long. I don’t know what’s going on, but it doesn’t bode well for my job.”

Ken took a deep breath and said, “Sally, we’re shuttin’ down the company. We wanted ‘ta talk to you about it in person. I can’t tell you how much you’ve meant ‘ta the company and ‘ta us. A large part of our success has been due ‘ta you, and I want you ‘ta know we’re gonna take good care of you.”

She became emotional and had to dab her eyes before her makeup ran.

“I knew it was too good to last. Working with the most gorgeous, hot guys in Atlanta, and being paid to do it. Well, it was fun while it lasted! I just have one final request.”

“What’s that?” Ken asked.

“I want a going away party. A pool party. A pool party on a scorching day, and you have to wear Speedos. We can cook out and get drunk, and I get a kiss and a hug from each and every one of you.”

Brad almost spit out the water he was sipping when she said that.

“I don’t care about a severance package or anything else, as long as I get that.”

Ken tried hard to keep a straight face, but the corners of his mouth lifted in a smile.

“Well, I’ll see if that can be arranged, but you’re still getting’ a package, Sally… a severance package that is.”

Ken grinned and winked, and Sally smiled back over the rim of her wine glass.

“Well now that’s all settled, let’s eat. I’m famished. Oh, my! I haven’t seen you two in weeks, so you don’t know about Carlo, my new boyfriend! Well, maybe not boyfriend much longer. Early indications are he might be the one! He’s super cute. I wish you could meet him, I’d love to hear your opinion. I’m going to miss talking with you guys!”

“So where did you meet him?” Brad asked.

“He works at Simmons Security. I’ve been contracting most our clients out to them. He does personal security too. He tries really hard, and he’s not bad, but he’s not you.”

“Give the guy a break Sally. You probably have him cross-eyed so he can’t think straight. What straight man wouldn’t be with a lady as beautiful and smart as you?”

“Now why can’t he say nice things like that? Is that a gay thing?”

“Manners have nothin’ ‘ta do with bein’ gay. Do you want us ‘ta have a chat with him and fire a warnin’ shot to clean up his act?”

“I appreciate the offer, but I think I can handle him on my own. He just needs to learn how to treat me right.”

“Do you want us ‘ta get you a job at Simmons so you can be closer to him? If they’re gettin’ our clients I’m sure they could use the help. I know Bobby and we’ll make you a part of the deal.”

“Now that would be scrumptious!”

“Okay, but you need ‘ta go easy on the guy. You want ‘ta break him in, not break him.”

“Oh, don’t you worry! Breaking in men is my specialty, present company excepted of course.”

“You got it. I’ve got Darren puttin’ the paperwork together ‘ta take care of the buildin’ lease and all that. He’ll be in touch about the timetable. In the meantime, you just need ‘ta wait it out and collect a paycheck until things are finalized, and then we’ll get you on over at Simmons.”

 

<><><>

 

The next day everyone gathered at the Lab shortly before 1200. While they hung out before the meeting, all of them were struck by the physical changes in them. It was quickly apparent that some emotional growth occurred as well.

The doctor gave them time to visit before calling everyone into the Conference room. They filed in and took their seats, settling down to hear what he had to say.

“So, everyone has recovered and is well fed and rested? I am sorry I did not accurately predict the extent of the changes that took place. I must admit to a few surprises during this procedure. I was not sure if it would be just Kenneth and Bradford since they were first, but it seems to have been the same with all of you, and I cannot tell you how excited and nervous I am.

“You are all full of surprises and always manage to exceed my expectations.”

One of his rare smiles accompanied his comment.

“This procedure was the last one planned, and each of you came through it remarkably well. I know you have questions about the end of the Process. While your energy centers were Open and clear, each of you saw something, or rather someone. I believe you briefly saw through the Veil.”

Brad raised the question he knew everyone wanted to ask, “The Veil?”

The doctor continued, “The Veil is a curtain that separates the Physical and Spiritual Realms. I am now sure the beings you saw were Nephilim. Little is known of them, but the Old Testament claims that they are the offspring of mortals who coupled with either angels or demons. The literal translation in Hebrew means ‘Heavenly Beings,' which is probably more accurate.

“Truthfully, they hold no definitive connection to any particular religion, making appearances in a number of old texts if you know how to read them, including the Old Testament of the Christian faith. If you are familiar with the story of Noah and the Ark, one of the reasons God flooded the earth was to rid it of the influence of such beings. The Greek translation of their name is ‘Giant’ which could also be read as ‘Titan.' It is entirely possible some of these beings were mistaken for gods. They are certainly powerful.”

Everybody’s eyes were wide as they took in what the doctor was telling them.

“Thousands of years ago, the Nephilim interacted with mankind more often, and many wars were fought as a result. It is unclear why, but nearly two thousand years ago they all but vanished, retreating behind the Veil, and now seldom appear. We know they still exist, but our knowledge of them is limited. Occasionally in the past, some have sided with The Order, and even a few with The Enemy, although that is even rarer. I believe I know why they revealed themselves to you, and I hope it is a good sign.

“I designed the original Program many centuries ago, and multiple times I have attempted to do what I have done with you, meeting with limited success each time. However, in my arrogance I over-reached myself. The Nephilim themselves are Spiritual beings, yet they take physical form when they cross the Veil. When they are present in the Physical realm, they occasionally mate with humans. Albrecht and I took DNA samples from one such being in an attempt to combine that DNA with human DNA, to make a new breed of Warrior for The Order. That is the transgression for which he and I are still paying the price.

“The Order destroyed my work, and I was banished for many years. I was brought back only because they are desperate and on the brink of destruction. Even though my research was destroyed, I learned much from the samples I took and my previous attempts… and I have an excellent memory.

“When I first approached all of you, and you accepted my offer to embark on this remarkable journey, I told you I would improve your DNA. In actuality, I patterned your genetic codes as human-Nephilim hybrids.”

As his revelation and its implications dawned on them, they sat speechless.

“You see, it is my belief, and Albrecht’s, that mankind has within him the capacity to surpass these beings if his full potential were unlocked. Part of the Curse Mankind is under keeps his potential in check, and that is what our Enemy wants.

“When I say you are Nephilim, you are, in fact, much more, because you are what God intended Man to be before the Fall. You are also now Original, Unfallen Men and will not have the restrictions or limitations Nephilim naturally have as part of their role in Creation. You can see why my arrogance got me into trouble.

“Yesterday’s Process was the last key to unlocking your potential and bringing out your true Heritage as both Nephilim and Original men. Since we are all here and no lightning bolts have come down from the heavens, I take that as a positive sign that we are doing the right thing.”

 

<><>

 

The room was silent. None of them knew what to say. To realize you are no longer human, but much more, wasn’t an easy thing to take in. They knew the doctor was a genius, but everything he revealed to them indicated he worked on a metaphysical level, and now they did as well.

Ken finally broke the silence, “Doc, you said that the Process went better than expected. What did you mean?”

“The tattoos on your shoulders represent what is called an Avatar. You all received ten Avatars, five of the Body and five of the Mind. Each of you was supposed to receive a single Avatar representing an aspect, or ability, that would be your defining characteristic. These characteristics will soon begin to manifest.

“In the near future you will all have another Awakening. What has happened is that you, Kenneth, have all five Avatars of the Body, with one being Primary. Each of you representing the Body in your relationship received a similar mix and between you all, you represent five Prime Avatars.

“The same thing happened with those of you representing the Mind. This is unprecedented, and I am not sure what it means as far as what you will be able to accomplish. If my suspicions are correct, you will be far more powerful than I ever imagined.

“It is my belief the Nephilim see our predicament and cannot allow The Order to perish and intervened by bestowing these extraordinary blessings upon you. Either that or because you are Nephilim yourselves, it was a natural evolution in the process. I am still not sure.

“You see, throughout the history of The Order, there have been a few members who are legendary for receiving the Blessing of an Avatar from a Nephilim. Each of you received a blessing but in an unprecedented manner. I am sure that the leadership of The Order is aware by now of what has happened, and they are fervently trying to understand the implications of the results.”

A voice from the back of the room said, “They are aware, Aaron, and you are, as usual, correct.”

Everyone spun around to see Albrecht standing in the back of the room. No one heard him enter. It was as if he suddenly appeared.

The doctor turned white as a sheet and whispered, “Does this mean…”

A smile stretched across Albrecht’s handsome face as he said, “Yes Aaron. You and I have been proven right, and our suspension is lifted. I have been sent to help and discover what all this means, and to assist with their training as I might.”

Smiles broke out on all their faces, knowing what Albrecht’s presence meant to the doctor. None of them could imagine being away from their partner for nearly a century.

Ken stood and said, “Well doc, this has all been an eye opener, but in reality, it doesn’t change anythin’. We accepted our new roles willingly, knowin’ things would change. I don’t think anyone here, regardless of what you just told us, wants to back out. If anythin’, I’m readier than ever to start trainin’ and begin doin’ somethin’. I’m tired of sittin’ around not makin’ a difference.”

The rest of the men nodded their agreement and most made reaffirming comments.

“Now, I think we need to leave you two alone. Since it's Friday why don’t we plan on meetin’ back here Monday mornin’, and we can start workin’ on our trainin’ schedules with you and Albrecht.”

Ken’s comments gave the doctor the few seconds he needed to recover from Albrecht’s sudden appearance. He managed to say, “Thank you, Kenneth, that is an excellent idea.”

“Alright you losers, let’s meet out in the parkin’ lot for a minute before everyone heads their separate ways. On top of everythin’ we just learned I have somethin’ I need ‘ta talk to you about.”

As they exited the room, each man hugged the doctor and either shook hands with Albrecht or gave him a hug as well. They were genuinely happy for their mentor and his partner.

Once everyone was outside, they gathered around Ken.

“Before we get into the bombshell the doc just dropped on us, Brad and I had lunch with Sally ‘ta tell her we’re shuttin’ down the Company. She pretty much knew, or had a good idea, that somethin’ was up. She’s got a special request. She wants ‘ta have a goin’ away party with all of us; a cookout and pool party. We can have it at our place. Her special conditions are that it needs to be on a hot sunny day, we all have to wear Speedos, and she gets a kiss and a hug from every one of us.”

Everybody burst out laughing. Ken brought up the party first to lighten the mood after hearing everything the doctor just revealed to them.

“I, for one, will honor her request. You all can choose if you want to or not. It’s a private backyard, so I don’t see what the big deal will be. She’s been a treasure keepin’ the business goin’, and it’s the least we can do for her.”

Everyone was still laughing and shaking their heads, but they knew Sally and took it in stride.

“I’ll let you all know what date we pick. I still need ‘ta get with Darren about finalizin’ the financial part of shuttin’ everythin’ down and splittin’ up the assets, and all that jazz.

“That’s all I needed to say. Now, is everybody cool with what we heard in there?”

Lane spoke up, “I think it’s cool as shit! We’re like badass Tolkien elves, not those pussy ass AD&D elves.”

A short pause followed while everyone looked at Lane like he just spoke a foreign language.

Bryan’s deep, gravelly voice broke the awkward silence as he said, “God, I love my nerd.”

Everybody busted out laughing again. Before they left, each of them expressed their dedication to Ken, the doctor, and The Order.

“Alright guys, everybody have a good weekend. If any of you feel the need ‘ta talk about this stuff, call or contact Brad or me. After you’ve had some time ‘ta digest all this, some concerns might come up. I want ‘ta give the doc and Albrecht the weekend though, so try us first if you feel the need ‘ta talk, vent, or whatever.”

After a round of hugs, they all got into their vehicles and headed out for the weekend.

 

<><><>

 

Brad and Ken got in their Explorer to head home.

Brad said, “Well, that was an eye-opener, to say the least. It isn’t every day you’re told you’re no longer human.”

“Yeah, B, no shit! ‘Ya know I told you that already, but as usual, you were playing with my dick and not listenin’.”

Brad laughed and said, “Yeah, that universal distractor you have between your legs. It gets me every time.”

After a short pause, the little kid grin appeared on Ken’s face, and he said, “Go ahead… I wanna hear you say it.”

Brad sighed and said, “Okay… You were right!”

Ken punched his fist in the air and looked like he just won the lottery.

Brad chuckled under his breath, shaking his head.

They both felt the need for some mundane normality to break the heavy mood, so Brad asked, “So what are we going to do today? We need to hit the grocery store soon, but it doesn’t have to be today. We need to hit the pool store too. We need chemicals and a new net. The yard is looking pretty ragged too.”

Ken chimed in, “It’s gonna be fuckin’ hot today and this weekend. This heat wave just hit, and it’s supposed to be like 102 today or some shit.”

Brad checked the weather on his phone, and said, “Yeah, and it’s supposed to be hotter tomorrow and Sunday. Let’s get the yard done today. It’s gonna suck, but let’s get it knocked out.”

“Alright.”

 

<><><>

 

When they arrived home, they changed into shorts, tennis shoes, sunglasses, and ball caps. It sunny and clear and they went shirtless, wanting to take advantage and work on their tans. Brad volunteered to mow the grass if Ken would do the edging and trim the bushes.

In no time, they were sweating bullets under the blistering Georgia sun. Mowing the grass was slow going because it had gotten high and the bag filled up fast. The hedges were worse than they realized, and it took a long time to rake the trimmings out from the pine straw without messing it all up.

 

 

<><><>

 

After they finished and were freshly showered, Brad put together a nice lunch and started some chicken marinating for dinner. They had been eating out an awful lot recently and wanted to get back to a healthier diet.

After lunch, they hit the pool store and then Publix for groceries. It dawned on them July 4th was the following weekend, so Ken sent out a quick group text to Sally and the Team about getting together on the 4th for the pool party. Everyone responded quickly, and it was a go. The guys were all veterans of Desert Storm and usually got together on the 4th anyway. Ken grabbed another buggy, which they proceeded to fill with enough food for ten men with hyper-metabolisms plus one Southern Belle named Sally.

Brad whistled as they loaded the groceries into the car.

“Man, I’m glad the doc has us set financially! We’d all have to make six-figure salaries just to feed ourselves these days!”

 

<><><>

 

That night at 0343, Bryan woke to Lane thrashing about on the bed. He was surprised because Lane was usually a heavy sleeper. In the darkness, Bryan immediately noticed Lane’s tattoo glowing and throwing off little sparks of color.

The doctor told Bryan if Lane had a Dream not to wake him or try to Link with him, so Bryan had to let whatever was happening run its course. He put a comforting hand on Lane's chest and was surprised at how fast his heart was beating. Lane’s twitching became more severe, and he broke out into a heavy sweat. Suddenly, he lurched up in bed and let out a blood-wrenching scream while clutching his leg. Every muscle in his body was taut, and his chest was heaving. His tattoo flared once brightly on his muscled shoulder and went still.

Lane looked around, not knowing where he was. His eyes were distant like he was somewhere else. He seemed awake, but severely disoriented.

Bryan rarely raised his voice but Lane’s behavior scared him, and he grabbed Lane’s chin and forced him to look him in the eye saying loudly and sternly, “Lane! It’s me!”

Lane always acted so macho, it surprised Bryan when Lane threw himself into his arms, sobbing and shaking. He kept repeating, “Oh God Bry, oh God…” over and over and couldn’t seem to get his breathing under control.

Bryan held him close and kept rubbing his back and arms, with Lane’s face pressed against his chest. He whispered soothing words and stroked his body, trying to calm him down.

“It’s alright Lane. You’re here with me Little Buddy. You’re fine, and in bed with me.”

Bryan’s deep, gravelly voice always soothed Lane, and pressed against Bryan’s chest like he was, Lane felt and heard the sound of his voice.

After a few minutes Lane calmed down, and his trembling subsided.

“Fuck Bry, that was horrible. I’ll get my shit together man, I’m sorry.”

“Nothing to be sorry for, shithead. You want to tell me what that was about?”

Without saying a word, Lane Opened his Mind and brought Bryan in to share his Dream.

 

<><>

 

It was dark and cold outside. Drizzling rain made a loud pattering sound against the cardboard of the large box he hid in. He wasn’t supposed to be there anymore and didn’t want to come back. Life had taken a turn for the better in the last few months. His wife took him back, and they were working things out. Now, suddenly, he was in his box again. How did he get here? He heard footsteps and froze, thinking if he stayed quiet, whoever it was would go away.

“Come out, Tag.”

His stomach went cold when they called his name. He didn’t want to get out, but he was Compelled against his Will and couldn’t help himself. It was difficult with his prosthetic leg, but he crawled out. Darkness filled the alley, and he couldn’t make out the man’s face. There were others with the man who spoke, large, intimidating, muscular men. He couldn’t see their faces. They wore black trench coats, and dark sunglasses covered their eyes.

Once Tag managed to stand, the man said, “Hold him.”

The large men moved forward and grabbed him, pulling off his army jacket and rolling up his sleeve. Another Compulsion hit, and Tag was forced to look into his eyes. They were white in the moonlight, and Tag felt himself sucked into them.

“You shouldn’t have helped them, Tag. You were bad, and now you are being punished. I’m sending you back to the war, and this time you won’t come back.”

The last thing Tag felt was a needle in his arm, as his Mind was taken and trapped in his own memories.

 

<><>

 

Tag found himself back in Afghanistan. Something was wrong. He shouldn’t be there. Someone shouted his name from up ahead, but there was gunfire everywhere, and he couldn’t make out who or where. He advanced cautiously, trying to stay under cover. Where was the rest of his unit? How did he get separated from them?

Everything seemed too familiar. Wait! He was walking! On two legs! This had to be a dream!

“Tag! Get yer ass over here! It’s all clear! Move it!”

Tag moved out from behind the overturned and burned out vehicle he used for cover, but as he stepped into the street, he felt the trigger and heard the click. He looked down at the I.E.D. under his boot. He threw himself back as it exploded and screamed in pain as his leg shredded below his knee, separating from his body.

The Dream repeated, and the trauma, both physical and emotional, was endless. There was no escape from the trap he was in.

 

<><><>

 

By the time he lived through the Dream, Bryan was sweating and shaking too. He didn’t just witness the events, he actually lived through them, as Lane did. He was merged with Lane and knew the Dream affected Lane far worse than it did him, so he wasn’t surprised at the severity of Lane’s reaction.

It took a few minutes, but Bryan forced himself to get his shit together for Lane. He compartmentalized what happened so he could focus on helping his partner.

Bryan held Lane, comforting him. His voice deep and quiet, he asked Lane, “You know who that guy is, right? He’s that homeless dude Rick and Loy talked to when Ken was kidnapped.”

Lane nodded his head, still sniffling.

“Yeah. Fuck Bry, we need to call Ricky and Loy and tell them about this. We have to help this guy.”

“Wait here.”

Bryan got out of bed and left the room. Lane was still suffering from the effects of the powerful emotions in his Dream, especially the physical pain that Tag experienced as his leg was blown off. He tried to calm his Mind and breathe deep.

After a few minutes, he heard Bryan talking on the phone as he came down the hall carrying a mug.

He was saying, “Yeah, we’re almost ready. Give us just a minute.”

“Here, Lane. Drink this.”

Bryan handed Lane a mug of hot spiced tea, sweetened with honey just like he liked it. It was a special concoction Bryan sometimes made to help Lane sleep if he was too amped up.

“Loy’s going to contact you in a minute so we can all talk about this. I thought it would be easier than doing it over the phone.”

 

<><><>

 

A minute later Loy’s voice entered Lane’s Mind.

Lane? It’s Ricky and me. Are you alright?

Lane brought Bryan into the Link.

Hey, guys. Yeah, I am now. That was some weird-ass shit. It’s pretty fucked-up, but if you want, I’ll share it with you.

If you’re okay with that. It sounds like it was painful, are you sure you want to go through it again?

I don’t know if it will help, but it can’t hurt. Guys we need to find Tag. They’ve done something to him, and it’s because he helped us when Ken was kidnapped.

Lane shared the entire experience with them. By the time it was over, he was trembling again. Bryan held him tight and continued to rub his back and arms, trying to calm him.

Lane was more in control of himself at that point and managed to filter the worst of the effects from Loy and Rick when he shared the experience. They were Linked deeply enough that the harsh effects on Lane were evident and they held him close in their Minds and Hearts, supporting him as much as Bryan did.

Guys, Tag is being forced to relive that experience over and over. It’s going to drive him insane if we don’t get to him and find a way to stop it.

Rick and Loy felt responsible and knew they had to do whatever they could. The problem was Tag had apparently moved back in with his wife, and they had no idea what her name was or where she lived.

Rick and I will go back to where we talked to Tag the first time and see if we can dig anything up. Lane, you need to get some rest buddy. You’ve done enough.

Alright, guys. Let us know what you find.

Will do.

 

<><><>

 

Bryan kept rubbing his hand on Lane’s back and shoulders while he finished his tea.

“Any better?”

“Yeah man, thanks. I hate losing my shit like that.”

“I think you’re going to have to get used to it. You know I’ll always be here to help. It pisses me off the doc said I have to let you go through those Dreams without waking you up. I hate it for you.”

“I don’t think I could do it on my own Bry. I’m going to need you more than ever if this keeps up.”

“Come here, Little Buddy.”

Bryan always called Lane Little Buddy as a term of affection; they were both big fans of the old TV show Gilligan’s Island. Bryan pulled Lane against him and threw a big arm around him, holding him tight. They both had their eyes closed and didn’t notice Bryan’s tattoo flare up when he pulled Lane against him. The Light briefly enveloped both of them and then faded. They quickly fell asleep and slept through the rest of the night.

 

<><><>

 

Rick and Loy dressed and headed downtown to where they first met Tag. They arrived about 0530, so it was still dark. Loy used a flashlight, and it gave off enough light for Rick to see by too. Not much was left of the large refrigerator box Tag had slept in. Rain and the summer heat had done a number on it, and it had practically disintegrated.

After looking around, Loy said, “There’s no way to tell how long it’s been since Tag’s been here. It could have been in the last few days, but it doesn’t look like it.”

Rick inhaled deeply but could only detect the barest hint of Tag’s body odor that had absorbed into the paper of the box. There wasn’t enough of the box left to determine anything specific or helpful.

Rick continued looking around, and with his enhanced sight spotted a broken syringe that looked like it had been stepped on.

“Check this out! Luckily we still have all our gear in the car.”

Loy pointed his flashlight to where Rick indicated and saw the broken syringe. Rick went to get an evidence baggie out of the car.

“Maybe the doc can tell us what was in it. We might get lucky and pull a set of prints too, but I doubt it.”

 

<><>

 

At the edge of his hearing, Rick picked up someone coming down the street. As they got closer, he realized it was a large group. He signaled Loy and sent a thought.

There’s a large group coming down the street. I smell trouble headed our way.

Rick and Loy concealed themselves in the shadows, while Loy focused on the group coming towards them. Listening to their surface thoughts, he knew they were hostile and looking for anyone poking around the alley interested in Tag.

Even though Loy only skimmed the surface of their Minds, because there were so many he felt nauseous, and his head ached.

Rick, they’re here to keep people from looking for Tag.

I see. Well, this is going to be interesting.

Be careful Rick, it’s a local street gang that’s been paid to do this. They’re just kids but mean and not afraid to use a gun. We don’t want to hurt them, at least not much; enough to teach them a lesson if it comes to that. I don’t want to turn up the juice and scare them. There are too many to corral if they scatter and run.

Rick and Loy waited, and in less than a minute the entrance to the alley was filled with 15 young men. It was apparent they were a gang from the way they were dressed and the way they carried themselves, full of bravado and cockiness.

They didn’t see Rick or Loy at first. The apparent leader said, “Whaddup Julio, I thought you said someone was here.”

Julio pointed to Rick’s Explorer, saying, “They was here a minute ago. Their ride’s still sittin’ over there.”

“Well if they ain’t here, at least we get to mess with their wheels.”

Out of the darkness, Rick said, “If anyone touches my car, I’ll break their arm.”

Rick gave them credit; they were fast on the draw. As soon as he spoke, guns whipped out and bullets entered chambers of various size handguns.

“I’m giving you kids an out. Tell us what you know about the homeless guy who used to stay here, and you get to leave peacefully.”

“Who are you calling kids? I’ll kick your bitch ass any day mother fucker.”

Rick: Man, I wish I was wearing a little Kevlar just in case.

Loy sent a mental surge into their Minds making them believe their guns and knives were hot, too hot to hold, blistering the flesh wherever their skin touched metal.

It was humorous to watch them jerk their hands and drop their guns and knives, yelling obscenities.

There you go.

Shit Loy, should I get in the car and let you wrap this up?

Loy laughed and thought: No man, I’ll split them with you. I want to have some fun too!

“Mother fucker I don’t know how you did that, but your ass is dead! Get ’em!”

Rick and Loy moved out of the darkness taking up a defensive stance as all fifteen kids rushed them. Rick, irritated at the idea of fifteen to two, didn’t hold back and hit hard. He tensed his body and let them get in a few hits. Whereas he didn’t even feel them it was funny to watch their faces when their hands connected with his body. To them, it felt like they were hitting a brick wall. Rick broke mainly hands and a few arms. Loy wasn’t any gentler, and in less than a minute all the kids were unconscious except for the leader, who lay on the ground moaning and holding his arm.

Rick knelt beside him and cupped his jaw firmly and in a commanding tone said, “Tell me who hired you to keep an eye on this spot.”

The kid tried to spit as he yelled “Fuck you!” but Rick was ready, and turned the kids face away so he spit on one of his friends.

“Loy, why don’t you take a look? It’ll be easier.”

Loy cupped the kid's face and forced eye contact. Just for effect, with his other hand he touched the kid’s forehead with the tip of his index finger as he looked for the images he wanted. Loy found the memories, but they were intentionally blurred and he couldn’t make out the faces.

Looking at only the one Mind, Loy was better able to stave off the ill effects, but the brokenness in the boy still affected him. Loy’s forehead broke out in a sweat, and his tanned face paled slightly.

“This is interesting. Someone’s covering their tracks and tampered with his memories. In fact, Raphael, you got ripped off. They never gave you any money, that was a bag of blank paper. Your buddies here are going to be pissed when they find out you let them get taken.”

Loy looked deeper, reading more about the young man.

Loy sighed, and shook his head, “Look Raph, you’re well on your way down a dangerous path and close to the point of no return. I could force you to turn around, but we’ve learned recently that’s not the way to go about making true change. I’m going to show you a few options, and then you get to make a choice. Either way you get to walk away from here and should consider yourself lucky you only have a broken arm.”

Loy delved so deep into Raphael’s Mind that Time nearly stood still, and he walked with the young man through his life. Loy showed him his good and bad decisions that led him to where he was, which was dealing with evil people and teetering on the edge of a knife.

Raphael wasn’t aware of The Enemy and had no idea of their true intentions of gaining control of his life or his Soul. Loy impressed on Raphael how his decisions would affect his family if he ended up dead, in jail, or in servitude to evil.

Be a man, Raph, and stop playing at being a man. Grow up, get over yourself, and get away from these people. I’ll be here if you need help to get over your ego and admit you don’t have all the answers. If you need to get hold of me or my friend Rick, just think back to this morning and you’ll know how to reach us.

Rick remained alert, keeping an eye out while Loy did his thing with Raphael. While he waited, a car pulled up at the entrance to the alley and four men got out. One was dressed in an expensive tailored suit and wore a hat. The other three looked like hired muscle, wearing black jeans, black wifebeaters, and sunglasses even though it was dark out.

The man in the suit glanced at Loy and Raph, and then Rick.

“I thought I felt someone tampering with my young charge. I can’t have that.”

He nodded to his companions, who moved forward.

“I think you will find these fellows a little more challenging than the children.”

Rick planted himself between Loy and the three men, sending a mental shout to Loy.

Loy! Head’s up, we have company!

Almost finished.

The three big men had incredibly developed, muscular bodies and with their sunglasses, they reminded Rick of Arnold Schwarzenegger from The Terminator, and he half expected their eyes to glow red. Ricks instincts told him there was more to the big men than he could see.

The trio moved impossibly fast for normal humans, and they were on Rick before he could react. He didn’t expect them to be so quick, and he was caught off guard. Two of them grabbed his arms, pinning him, and the third punched him hard in the stomach, doubling him over.

Rick instinctively tensed his abs to keep the wind from getting knocked out of him, but the one hitting him landed two solid punches to his jaw, dazing him, and then broke off, moving towards Loy.

Rick shook his head, clearing his vision. He was still held by two of them, and the third one was almost on top of Loy, who was bent over the now unconscious Raphael.

Rick yelled “Loy! Move!”

Loy threw himself backward and rolled to his feet just as the man swung his arms trying to grab him. Loy saw Rick being held by two of muscular men, his face bloody, and immediately merged them, going deep so the time differential would allow them to talk.

 

<><>

 

Rick! Fuck, are you alright?

Yeah, it’s not that serious. Not yet anyway. These guys are fucking fast, Loy, and strong. Not as strong or as fast as I am, but they caught me off guard. I’m about to kick some major ass here. Stay out of reach, or that guy will tear you a new one.

I’ll see if I can keep him occupied while you take care of those two.

Be careful Loy! I’m serious! Don’t let him get his hands on you!

 

<><>

 

Their conversation took a thousandth of a second in the real world, and both of them were ready when Loy brought them back up and time started moving again.

Loy reached for the Mind of the one coming towards him, but hit a Shield and couldn’t find his way in. He didn’t expect that, and the guy was practically on top of him. Over the muscled shoulder of the man about to attack him, Loy saw the white eyes and smile of the well-dressed man.

In desperation, Loy focused hard and fast, his Avatar glowed brightly and his eyes turned White. In the Spiritual Realm, Loy guided a White spear of energy against the Shield protecting the man’s Mind. The thug stopped and staggered back a few feet, shaking his head.

Loy grinned. With his Mind’s Eye he saw Shields on the two men holding Rick as well. The well-dressed man defended himself and the three thugs, and Loy figured that had to be a strain.

Loy directed another White spear at the thug in front of him and this time the Shield cracked, and he pulled the man into a Construct of the alley with just the two of them.

Rick, seeing Loy having some success with his opponent said, “You guys are pissing me off. I know who you’re with, and if you think you’re gonna stop us from helping our friend, you are sadly mistaken.”

Rick used their strength against them, jumping up and flipping backward over them, escaping their grip. They were strong, but not as strong as he was, and they didn’t have his muscle and bone density. Rick, like all the guys on the team, was a martial artist and excelled at close combat, especially dirty infighting. Lighting fast, he used his elbows and knees, striking the two men repeatedly and sending them reeling back. Other than grunts they didn’t exhibit any sign of being hurt.

Smiling, Rick said, “I think I’m going to enjoy this. It’s been too long since I’ve had a good fight.”

Rick cracked his knuckles loudly. It was rare that Rick or Ken or any of the Bodies got to use their abilities without restraint. Rick had to admit it felt good to cut loose, and neither man laid a hand on him again. He landed fists, elbows, knees, and even head-butts, knocking the two large men back repeatedly, but they still kept coming.

Rick wasn’t worried about not winning the fight, but he was concerned he couldn’t do it without seriously hurting or even killing his opponents. He didn’t know anything about them, other than they were The Enemy. Rick saw the white eyes of the well-dressed man, and he wondered if the men attacking him were acting of their own volition. If they were puppets, they didn’t deserve to be hurt or killed.

Rick decided his only option was to try and knock them out. Sprinting past them, Rick vaulted off the brick wall of the alley and wrapped his big arms around the neck of the first man, putting him in a chokehold. Using his height, leverage, and momentum, Rick threw his legs up and got a scissor lock on the neck of the other man. He used the weight of his 400+ lb. frame to throw himself backward and drop the two men onto the ground underneath him, knocking the wind out of them. As they landed with Rick on top of them, they each let out a grunt and Rick tightened his legs and arms around their necks, cutting off their oxygen supply.

Both of them grabbed his arms and legs, trying to break his grip. He was careful not to break their necks; as tough as they were it was a fine line between choking them and killing them. After thirty seconds, their movements became more frantic, and they flailed their fists, pummeling Rick’s body anywhere within reach, but he tensed his body to absorbed the blows. It hurt, but not too bad. Rick sweated with the effort and breathed hard, but he didn’t let go until a good twenty seconds after they both stopped moving.

In the meantime, Loy held the other man trapped in his Construct trying to dig through the deep barrier controlling his Mind. It was a tremendous strain, but Loy was able to hold him immobile while he slowly chipped away at the wall.

Fuck! Brad makes this look so easy!

Somewhere nearby, Loy heard a man screaming. It sounded like it came from the other side of the alley wall. As Loy chipped away at the barrier, the screaming got louder. Loy didn’t know if it was a trick, so he was alert but continued his efforts.

Finally he broke through, and the man fell to his knees, holding his head and murmuring, “Oh god, oh god, oh god” over and over as he rocked back and forth.

Loy released his hold on the man’s Mind but kept his distance just to be safe.

The man took off his glasses, and his eyes were wide and bloodshot. His face was wet with tears, and his voice sounded raspy from the screaming. When he saw Loy he scrambled back in fear, pushing himself into the trash lining the alley wall. Oddly, he ended up on top of the big box Tag used to sleep in, and Loy wondered if there was some significance.

“NO! Get away! Leave me alone!”

Trying to sound reassuring Loy said, “Hey, I’m not going to hurt you. It was you who was trying to tear my head off, remember?”

“Oh God, I’m sorry! I couldn’t help myself! I could see everything I was doing, but I wasn’t in control! You have to believe me!”

With the barrier down, Loy looked deeper and saw the man was telling the truth. The Enemy had imprisoned his Mind, and he had been under their control for nearly three years.

Loy saw everything about Henry Ross. Much of what had been done to him was a blur and would take more time to filter out, assuming the information was even still accessible. Loy was sick to his stomach when he saw the things Henry had been forced to do.

“It’s time to get you out of here, Henry.”

 

<><>

 

Loy took them out of his Construct and back to the real world. Rick, covered in blood and sweat, was just getting up and brushing himself off but looked okay. In fact, Loy thought he looked extremely hot, which Rick picked up on, and he grinned.

The well-dressed man didn’t look pleased.

“Hmmm… so you managed to break my hold over Henry? Pity… he was such an excellent toy. You wouldn’t believe the things he’s done on our behalf the last few years.”

Henry jerked around when he heard the man’s voice and yelled, “I know that voice! He’s the one who did this to me!”

Loy quickly said, “It’s alright Henry. Stick close to me, and I’ll keep you safe.”

“You might be able to protect Henry, but you can’t protect them all.”

The well-dressed man put his index finger to his temple and as his eyes turned white, the two unconscious men on the ground started writhing and convulsing.

“You can keep Henry. I will get great pleasure in thinking of his misery as he reflects on everything he’s done.”

The man quickly got back into the car, and it took off down the street.

Loy looked over at Rick and said, “We need to get Henry back to the doc. Henry this is Rick. He and I work together, and he’s going to help keep you safe.”

Before they left, Rick made an anonymous 911 call to report the gang members who were still unconscious, and the two dead servants of The Enemy. The scene looked incriminating, but there wasn’t anything he could do about that.

 

<><><>

 

When they got Henry into the car he was shaking and starting to go off the deep end, so Loy gently put him to sleep.

Rick texted the doctor with a 711 message that they needed to talk to him right away. It was 0600, and they knew he would be asleep.

Loy glanced at Henry, who lay in the back seat.

“Man, you have no idea what they made him do the last few years. I sure hope the doc can help him. I could make him forget, but I’m still not sure that’s the right thing to do.”

“Yeah, the doc will know how best to proceed Loy. Don’t worry about it.”

Rick was starting to stiffen up from the beating he took. He lifted his shirt and his ribs were turning black and blue, and his eye was already beginning to blacken.

“Shit, Ricky, are you alright!?”

“Yeah, I'm okay. I told you those guys hit hard. It’s a good thing I heal fast.”

“You were a stud today Rick. I’m proud of both of us. I feel like we took a first step, but we still need to figure out how to find Tag. Maybe Henry will know something that can help us.”

Rick’s phone rang a few seconds later, and a very sleepy sounding doctor was on the phone. Rick and Loy filled him in on what happened and told him about Henry. The doctor said he would meet them at the Lab.

Rick’s enhanced hearing picked up on some background noise on the phone, and when the call disconnected he had a smile on his handsome face. Loy noticed and asked him, “What’re you smiling about?”

“The doc wasn’t alone.”

“Good for him! He’s been alone way to long. I hope he and Albrecht made out like medieval rabbits.”

 

<><><>

 

Albrecht and the doctor were at the Lab waiting for them when they arrived. As soon as the doctor saw Rick, his face became a mask of concern and he exclaimed “Richard! You did not tell me you were bleeding!”

“Doc, it’s nothing! I’ve been hurt worse playing football with the guys.”

Because Rick’s ribs were sore, Loy insisted on carrying Henry into the Lab. Rick thought Loy was treating him like a baby but gave in to prevent an argument, although his frustration was apparent through their Link.

Sorry Rick, but you need to take it easy. Chill out and let me help.

Loy set Henry on one of the beds, breathing hard from the effort. Henry was a big man, weighing at least 240lbs of solid muscle. Albrecht followed Loy into the exam room to administer to Henry.

When Rick pulled off his shirt the doctor let out another “Oh my! Richard this could be serious!”

Rick’s upper body was covered with welts and deep bruising. The doctor gingerly started exploring Rick’s tender ribs, chest, and legs.

“Yeah, they were pretty strong doc. I had to take a pounding while they choked out. I didn’t have much of a choice. The only other way would have been to kill them, and I didn’t want to do that.”

Rick’s voice lowered, and he said, “But that jerk killed them anyway.”

Loy picked up on Rick’s comment, and it dawned on him why Rick was so on edge. He felt guilty for not saving the other two men. From the other room, Loy wrapped Rick up in a tight Mental hug.

There’s nothing you or I could have done Rick. Let that part go.

The doctor said, “That is not your fault Richard. We will have a conversation about what happened once we know more from looking at the young man you brought in.

“I have faced the well-dressed men before but am unfamiliar with the new agents you fought. It seems as though our adversaries have done some genetic tampering of their own. I am not surprised… but they are only smart enough to copy, not create. I believe they wish to make copies of you, and our new friend in there and the two unfortunate Souls that did not survive are the results!”

 

<><><>

 

Loy went to check on Rick after he put Henry on the bed for Albrecht to examine. With Rick’s shirt off, Loy saw the extent of the welts and bruises that were setting in, and he became genuinely upset.

Fuck Ricky, I thought you said you were alright!

Loy, it’s no big deal! Yes, it hurts, but it’s what I’m built for. I’ll be back to normal in no time.

Loy put his hand on Rick’s bare shoulder and squeezed tight.

We were lucky. As strong and as fast as those guys were, things could have gone seriously wrong. You were awesome, but I still don’t like seeing you hurt.

Rick got a devilish grin on his face.

Well how about when we get home we play doctor, and you can examine me to your heart’s content? I think I have another bruise the doctor hasn’t found yet.

I forgot how horny you get after a good fight. At least that tells me you aren’t hurt that bad, and you got it. When we get home, I’m going to take extra good care of you.

Even though Rick insisted he was fine, the doctor was adamant he stay in the Lab another few hours.

The doctor asked Loy, “My boy, would you mind calling Bryan and Lane and asking them to come in? In fact, call everyone.”

An hour later Bryan and Lane showed up, and they were shocked when they saw Rick on the bed, his torso and legs covered in bruises and welts and with a big black eye. Bryan didn’t like friends getting hurt and had a huge frown on his handsome face.

Lane, seeing his friend was conscious and not seriously hurt, tried to lighten the mood. Whistling, he asked, “Damn Rick, did you steal cookies from the Girl Scouts again?”

Rick started to laugh but grimaced in pain and held his ribs, flipping Lane off. Loy actually smirked but tried not to show it. Bryan slapped Lane lightly on the back of his head for making the joke.

Lane looked chagrined and asked, “Seriously, man, who did this to you? And how?”

The doctor spoke up, “We will have a short debriefing when everyone gets here. I think it is important for everyone to know what happened this morning, and follow the events leading up to it.”

Rick was the center of everyone’s attention as the guys came in, which thoroughly embarrassed him. Everyone expressed their concern and anger over his injuries. They were surprised anyone could do this to one of them, and it was an eye-opener, making them realize they weren’t quite as invincible as they thought. The reality of one of their own getting hurt was a slap in the face, and evidence that the war they just stepped into was real and on their doorstep.

Once everyone was present, the doctor said loudly, “Attention everyone! Please find a quiet place and be still.”

Most of the guys went into the Conference room to sit, and a few seconds later the doctor’s voice entered their minds.

Thank you for coming so quickly. It has been quite a morning for some of you already. I want everyone to know what happened, and what is going on. Lane, I know this will be uncomfortable, but will you please share your Dream with everyone?

Sure, doc. Get ready guys, this is a little ugly. I’ll try to keep the emotional overspill to a minimum.

Lane Opened his Mind and shared his Dream of Tag, and what he was going through.

The pain, fear, and anxiety of the Dream hit them hard, and instinctively they pulled Lane deeper into their Hearts. It dawned on them Lane’s Avatar had a downside none of them realized, and they threw their love and support behind their Brother. Lanes eyes became bright at the intensity of their presence and concern for him, overpowering the negative repercussions of his Dream. Bryan had him wrapped up so tight in his arms he was having trouble breathing, and Lane leaned back against his lover with no embarrassment at being so open in front of everyone.

Now, Loy and Richard, share your events of this morning.

After Rick and Loy shared their fight, there were a few thoughts of, “badass, guys” or “good job, fellas.”

I did not know the Enemy created physical servants like these. I am glad there were only three and that Richard was not seriously hurt, or Loy. This was an unknown, and we must be more aware moving forward. Albrecht is still learning what we can from the young man in the other room, but it seems he was kidnapped and coerced into servitude. It might not be the same with all of their servants we meet of this type. I commend Richards’s bravery and forethought in not wanting to injure his adversaries, even at the personal cost to himself.

I wanted you all to see Richard’s injuries and what was done to him, not to embarrass him by any means, but to impress upon you what our enemy is capable of. Now, I want to show you something we are capable of. Lane and Bryan, please join me with Richard and Loy, and the rest of you give us a few moments to prepare.

Bryan and Lane looked curious, wondering what was up. They returned to Rick’s room, and Rick got back into bed, reclining on top of the sheets in just his shorts. The doctor came in, followed by Albrecht, and shut the door.

Albrecht said, “Our friend Henry is sleeping peacefully for now. What was done to him is atrocious.”

The doctor continued, “My boy’s, Albrecht and I have been translating possible meanings of the complex Avatars everyone received in the last Procedure. Lane and Bryan, the two of you have a unique combination showing a dominant trend towards Life and Healing. Even though you all share a common group of abilities to some degree, each of you shows an indication of excelling in particular areas.

“Lane, along with this you have a strong affinity for creativity, as we see in your talent for drawing and music. I think this is no coincidence. Do you have your iPod with you?”

Lane nodded, “Yes sir.”

“I presume when you listen to music, certain songs affect your mood more than others. A few, I imagine, are very uplifting. Am I correct?”

“Yes sir, I suppose that’s a good way to put it.”

“I want you to pick one of those songs and listen to it while joined with Bryan. I would like the two of you to be deeply merged with your three energy centers intertwined. I know how intensely personal that is, and I am sorry for asking you to do this so suddenly.”

Lane seemed a bit sheepish but went through his playlist until he found a song the doctor described. It was a recent favorite, and one he could listen to over and over and not tired of.

“As you listen, put yourself into the music, and let your Mind and Soul go wherever they take you. I wish to see what happens when you do this.”

Bryan moved behind Lane, putting his hands on Lane’s shoulders and holding their bodies close. Closing their eyes, the two men plunged into the depths of one-another, and immediately their faces relaxed into expressions of peaceful serenity. The profound love they shared emanated so strongly, Brad and the others in the Conference room sensed it. The ribbons of, blue, yellow, and red energy arced and flowed between them.

Lane hit play, and as the first notes sounded Lane let the music envelop him. Even with their eyes closed, they were aware when their eyes turned White. Lane breathed deep and steady, and goosebumps appeared on his skin. The intensity of the music took over and his Mind and Heart, and his Soul expanded outside himself. About halfway through the song, their Avatar’s became visible underneath their shirts, and the ribbons of energy flowing around them were so bright the doctor, Albrecht, Rick, and Loy could hardly look at them.

Loy and Rick were wide-eyed but silent, taking it all in.

Bryan was amazed by his partner and how the music affected his Soul.

I wish everyone could see this part of you the way I do, Lane.

I couldn’t do this if it weren't for you Bry. Sorry to sound so sappy, but you’re the one who makes my Soul sing. The music is just a means to an end. I wouldn’t be able to do this without you.

Bryan wasn’t aware it was his presence that magnified Lane’s experience, and his love that opened Lane up to feel the way he did. Together they were so much more than either of them was alone. Their faces became wet with tears from the emotional intensity and intimacy between them. Bryan’s arms instinctively tightened, wanting to squeeze Lane to death and show him how much he loved him. Lane, in turn, did know it; they were One, and at the same time his Soul was flying with the music, he sank into Bryan. The warmth and strength of Bryan’s body, coupled with his Soul, was an unimaginable comfort.

The doctor and Albrecht watched their two young charges, observing their auras and how powerful they were. Even in the Physical Realm there was a visible glow about the two men.

As the song ended their Light softened to a slow, steady pulse, gradually fading as their eyes resumed their normal color. Bryan had a pleased and happy look on his face and patted Lane’s chest in affection.

The doctor gave them a minute to come back to themselves and then asked them, “How did that feel?”

“That was intense, doc. It’s hard to put into words. It definitely takes me outside myself, and I’m not sure where I go, but feels like a place.”

The doctor looked at Albrecht with a gleam in his eye.

“I think you were correct.”

He continued, “What just happened I have not seen before. You are operating on a much higher level of energy than I anticipated. What I am about to propose would not work, or at least not so well, outside of a controlled environment such as this.

“I know you discovered how to Heal some weeks ago. I would like you to start your song again, and while you are in this other place, channel the energy and Heal Richard.

“Loy has the ability to Heal as well, as do all the Mentalists to some degree, but I believe you and Bryan will be exceptional at it, and doing it this manner should not drain your own energy as much, or the energy of the one being Healed. You might feel slightly drained afterward but it should pass shortly, and I imagine it will not be significant.”

Lane looked at Bryan, who smiled confidently and said, “Let’s do this Lane. Let’s Heal Ricky.”

The doctor looked at Loy and said, “Loy I would like you to be in the Link so you can monitor the Healing process and how it works. Everyone needs to learn, but for this time I wish to limit it to those of us in the room.”

Lane looked back and Bryan and said, “You ready Bry?”

Bryan nodded.

Lane looked over and Rick and Loy and said, “Guys?”

Rick smiled and said, “I’m just going to sit back and enjoy. If this were more private, I’d ask for a happy ending.”

Lane laughed and said, “You wish!”

Lane leaned against Bryan, who hugged him tighter in support. Lane pressed play, and the song started again.

A few seconds into the song their eyes again turned White.

Loy murmured, “Holy shit, guys!”

Now that he was Linked more deeply with them he sensed the Power Lane and Bryan were dealing with.

Loy watched as the blue, yellow, and red ribbons, blended under Lane’s Will, wove together into a thick White flow.

Lane lifted his arms, stretching his hands towards Rick, and the ribbons arced to include his friend. Rick’s entire body relaxed and his eyes closed. He was still conscious, but Lane relaxed his body to a point where he could barely move. One by one, Rick’s energy centers Opened and became part of the circuit. Everyone Linked saw the brilliant colors emitting from each center of Rick’s body, and the energies flowing over and through him.

As Lane looked at Rick’s flows, the damage to his body was apparent, like reading a map of his injuries, and Lane instinctively knew how to alter the currents to Heal him. Bryan, with Lane the entire time, added his own perspective and understanding, having a strong natural instinct for how Rick’s body should be when it was whole and healthy.

Once Lane saw what needed to be done he tapped into the energy through Bryan, and a bright White arc of Power shot out of his hands covering Rick’s body.

Their tattoos glowed brightly, sending off little tendrils of color that added to the flow, and warm air swirled around Lane and Bryan, blowing their hair. Rick’s wounds visibly faded, the welts and bruises vanishing as they watched. By the end of the song, Rick was in perfect health. Lane had a huge grin on his face, as did Bryan, Loy, and Rick.

To Rick, the energies Lane directed throughout his body were warm and comfortable, and Bryan’s solid strength magnified it all. Rick was in awe of his buddies and they accomplished.

When the process was over, Rick felt like Loy had spent hours giving him a deep tissue massage and a happy ending. His body felt warm, and he was covered in a light sheen of sweat.

Lane opened his eyes, and he looked at Rick’s magnificent body now Healed and in perfect health.

Bryan sent a private thought to Lane through their Link.

Look what we did Little Buddy! You’re so amazing! I can’t wait to get you home alone!

Bryan’s excitement was evident from his erection pressing against Lane's backside as he leaned against his lover, but Bryan’s enthusiasm quickly dampened when Lane started to slump.

Bryan yelled, “Doc!” as he picked Lane up in his arms like a child.

“Do not be alarmed, Bryan. It is a temporary aftereffect as Lane’s body returns to normal levels. The Power that passed between the two of you was phenomenal. Your physiology buffers you from the harsher effects. I suspect his body will acclimate with more experience and it will happen less in the future.”

Lane looked sheepish and said, “It’s alright Bry, you can put me down big guy.”

Bryan reluctantly set him down, but kept an arm around him, holding Lane protectively. Lane took advantage and kept his arm around Bryan as well.

Loy smiled at Rick, “You look good as new!”

Rick was still so relaxed he almost slurred his words, “Man I feel incredible. I don’t want to move yet.”

Loy leaned down and kissed Rick on his forehead, “It’s good to have you back to normal.”

The doctor said, “This has been a productive morning! We have all learned a great deal and taken another step in a positive direction.”

The doctor patted Rick’s leg as he moved to open the door and head back to his office.

“I am happy to see you fully recovered, my boy.”

“Thanks, doc.”

 

<><><>

 

As soon as the doctor opened the door, the guys rushed in to see what happened. The room wasn’t large and was quickly packed shoulder to shoulder. Everyone was amazed as soon as they saw Rick’s mostly naked body healed of all the welts and bruises.

Ken, looking at Bryan and Lane exclaimed, “Good job, guys! We’re all proud of you!”

He gave them a fist bump, and everyone else followed suit. Everybody reached out to pat Rick on his leg or shoulder, or any part of his body within reach.

Rick started to sit up and said, “Well, I guess I need to get some clothes on.”

Almost as one everyone said, “No you don’t!” or “You’re good, man.”

They all busted out laughing including Rick as he replied, “You whores.”

 

<><><>

 

Everyone had just cleared out of the room, and Rick was getting dressed when Loy’s phone rang. He didn’t recognize the number, and usually wouldn’t have answered, but he felt a tingling in his gut and knew it was important.

He accepted the call and said, “Hello?”

“Hello? Is this Mr. Barton?”

It was a woman’s voice, and she sounded upset.

“Speaking, ma’am. What can I do for you?”

“I’m so sorry to bother you, Mr. Barton, but I didn’t know who else to call."

Her sniffles broke out into full-fledged sobs.

"Ma'am, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"It's Tag. He talked about you and your friend, and how nice you were to him. I found your number on our dresser."

"Are you Tag's wife?"

"Yes, I'm Olive. Olive Keenan."

“Olive, where’s Tag?”

"He's in the hospital, in a bad way. I don't know what could have happened. He was doing so good."

Her voice cracked as she started crying again, unable to help herself.

"Which hospital?"

"Grady. We’re in room 584."

"Olive, you just hang tight. I'll be there within the hour."

"Thank you, Mr. Barton."

"Call me Loy, Olive, and don't worry, we'll figure out what's up."

Rick listened to the conversation with a concerned look on his face.

"That was Tag's wife, Olive. He's in the hospital, and it sounds like he's in bad shape."

“Fuck! Those bastards. We need to get down there. Doc! Ken! Conference room! Pronto!”

 

<><><>

 

Everyone quickly gathered back in the conference room.

Ken asked, “What’s up, Rick?”

“Loy just got a call from Tag’s wife. He’s at Grady and not in good shape. I don’t know any details yet, but we need to get down there fast.”

Ken said, “Okay, but we’re all goin’. It’s ‘cause of me they went after him, and I feel responsible. Besides I want ‘ta keep everyone together on this. If any more of those goons show up, I want us ‘ta be prepared, and I don’t want any innocent people at the hospital hurt.”

 

Copyright © 2019 btaoc1963; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Excellent chapter! I’m really enjoying this story and I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😃❤️

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You've created an amazing world!  It just keeps getting better. I'm happy to see the other couples come into their own.  These guys are hot!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..