Jump to content

In Our Darkness

   (2 reviews)
Sub-genres: Suspense

When a brutal hit-and-run accident ends the life of his son, David Andrews is left picking up the shattered pieces of what remains. As his marriage, career, and friendships unravel, he becomes fixated on finding the other driver and taking revenge.

Kat Bryce is a rookie detective partnered up with Jack Miller, a veteran officer with his own unique vision of justice. Despite their moral differences they quickly reach the same conclusion—something about the Andrews case is sinister. As they scramble to solve the mystery, David begins his own investigation. This father's love knows no bounds, but how far will he go to uncover the truth?

The following story does not contain any same-sex relationships
Copyright © 2022 C. Henderson; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 5
  • Addictive/Pacing 5
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 6
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

J.El

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Life is not black and white, and this story elucidated that perfectly. A tragedy from one collided with another in spectacular manner. All lives were changed, yet a new beginning was realized for those affected. 

Effective use of imagery and literary devices brought this tale to life.  

Response from the author:

Thank you, that’s very kind 🙏🏻

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
drsawzall

· Edited by drsawzall

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Black is white, up is down and nothing is as it seems. Challenge your powers of prognostication as a gruesome murder mystery unfolds before you.

Simply well done, excellently told tale of suspense and an unimaginable nightmare, that will exercise any doubts and theories you may contemplate, as you conjure the clues.

Response from the author:

That means a lot to me, thanks so much! 🙏🏻

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..