Jump to content

Requiem

   (3 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

2007 Anthology

Author's note: This is a work of fiction. This story is not meant to represent any current or past U.S. Senator, nor is the Senator portrayed intended to be perceived as belonging to any particular political party. He could be from any, or none.

Many thanks to my editor EMoe for editing and for his support, encouragement, beta reading, and suggestions.
A huge 'Thank You' to Graeme, for his invaluable help and advice.

Thanks also to Shadowgod, for beta reading, support and advice, and for putting up with me.

A big "thank you" to to Bondwriter for final Zeta-reading and advice, and to Captain Rick for his advice.

Thanks, Sharon, for your okay. :-)

Any remaining errors are mine alone.
© 2007 C James

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Requiem
    • 1,805 Words
    • 2,244 Views
    • 10 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mancunian

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is well crafted and written and I believe it will continue to be read for a long time. The message is simple and still as relevant today as the day it was written. It may be short but it is powerful and a recommended read.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
northie

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

An elderly, time-serving politician, used to toeing the party line, stands up to give a speech. But it doesn't come out as he intended. From this apparently simple storyline comes an unsparing indictment of modern politics, and the importance of being true to yourself. However long it takes. Don't be fooled. This story may be short, but it packs a powerful punch. Once read, it'll stick in your mind for a long time. 

  • Love 2
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

A powerful and relevant soliloquy that loudly speaks to the future of threats to human rights of all minorities.  It is a plea for governments to do what is right, and resist the expediency of abandoning ideals and the personal moral compass for political power.  A must read for all time.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..