Jump to content

Roar - Georgetown Book I 7. C. J. Boomers, Gen Xers, & Millenials

   (11 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

At fifteen CJ Abelló is exiled from his home in Miami because of his sexual orientation and sent to live in Washington, D.C. with his gay father and his father’s wealthy partner. Over the next few years, CJ flourishes in his new home thanks to the love and guidance provided by the two men and their group of friends. He is nearing graduation from School Without Walls High School, ready to begin his freshman year at Georgetown University, and volunteering in the 2016 presidential campaign.

p style="text-align:center;"> This is a work of fiction set in the real world.
Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously.

Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is coincidental.

C A Hazday

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 8
  • Addictive/Pacing 9
  • Characters 10
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 4
  • Feel-Good 5
  • Humor 5
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 6
  • World Building 5

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Albert1434

· Edited by Albert1434

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This story is wonderful in every way a story can be. Filled with passion and love and powerful speeches which shows us CJ's true self and moves us. With wonderful dialogue that is so well thought out it just blows me away. Colorful description places, people and locations that just come alive in powerful ways.  I think if you read this story you're going to love it just as I have.:heart:

  • Love 4
Link to review
Gary L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Another excellent volume in the series.  This time the focus is on politics and the lead up until the day the music died and the draft Dodger began his reign.

the author shows, yet again, his skillful characterisation, the blending of the Clinton’s, Obama’s etc into CJ’s story.   Beautifully written with excellent and realistic dialogues throughout.  A masterclass.

  • Love 3
Link to review
WolfM

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

The continuation of CJ's life and that of his friends and family is ever building. The scared 15 year old who was banished by his stepfather is truly coming into his own. Given a position of responsibility in a presidential campaign, he shows what he's made of and earns the respect he's given. Another stellar edition to the saga.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
JR Tittle

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Another most excellent installment in the CJ series! 

  • Love 3
Link to review
pvtguy

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Another excellent tome of the CJ saga.  It is so well written.  One can imagine being almost physically present in every scene.  Can't wait for the next volume.  Thanks Carlos. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
lenhall

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

I love this whole series of stories. Well developed and interesting characters and a good blend of topics. Looking forward to the next one.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to review
Daddydavek

· Edited by Daddydavek

   6 of 7 members found this review helpful 6 / 7 members

CJ is a smart and complex young man that believes in the two party system . In this book which details his first semester at Georgetown and the final couple of months of the presidential campaign, we are treated to an insider's view of the preparation and work that goes into a campaign at the granular level of a college freshman thrust into the spotlight and how he responds.  The ending on election night has no surprises as the story faithfully follows the catastrophe that was the Trump election.  It does not delve into the unfairness of the Comey briefings about the Clinton investigation or the lack of notice about the Trump investigation.  It does not go into the Access Hollywood tape disclosure or the highly orchestrated release of the WikiLeaks tapes that same day...

 

In 20/20 hindsight Carlos has kept the focus on this being CJ's story and for that we can be glad.  As others have mentioned, it would probably be a good idea to start with the earlier books in CJ's saga to truly get a complete idea of how and why he acts and reacts the way he does.  I heartily recommend this book and the whole series!

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
JeffreyL

   6 of 7 members found this review helpful 6 / 7 members

This is another excellent CJ story from Carlos Hazday. The focus is on politics, specifically the campaign for Hillary Clinton. It feels like an insider's view of the campaign trail, which I enjoyed! As always, Carlos' characters are varied and interesting, his dialogue is realistic, and his place descriptions "put you there" but don't get in the way of the story. My only caution: if this is your first CJ story there is a lot that has come before this. You may miss a few references to other characters, but I don't think it will lessen your enjoyment. And I strongly recommend going back to the beginning. CJ's stories are all good reads!

  • Like 5
  • Love 2
Link to review
tabaqui

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

And again Carlos has created an awesome book in the CJ series

 

He really puts you into a story that you want to read on, and on, and on, and on.

If you need a good story to read with several books this should one should be in the really top of your list.

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Link to review
quokka

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Always great to read about CJ and his family and friends.

A job well done mate

 

Regards Q

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
chris191070

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Another fantastic story in the life ng running CJ series. This particular chapter features CJ and his political ambitions with  the Democratic Party. Well written first part of Georgetown. Looking forward to the next part on 2018. Well worth reading, if you’ve never read about CJ then you need to start now as he, his family and friends make a great bunch of people 😊

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..