Jump to content

Melvyn Ford

   (4 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

A 1929 Ford Model A Tudor, bought at the start of the Great Depression, is passed from father to son through four generations.

Through the decades, Melvyn Ford is a silent witness to joy and sorrow. The car plays a role at family  births, weddings, and deaths.

p align="center" style="margin-top:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:10pt;margin-left:0in;text-align:center;line-height:115%;"> This is a work of fiction set in the real world.
Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously
Any other resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is coincidental.


 
C. A. Hazday

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

WolfM

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is an absolutely wonderful story. Seeing something cherished and passed on through the generations of the family will bring a smile to your face. I may be biased towards Carlos' writing, but I highly recommend this story.

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
Daddydavek

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is a short story to warm the heart of anyone who loves their cars and their families.  It is one of my all-time favorites and is a very satisfying if quick read.  I heartily recommend it to everyone who loves a good up-beat story that ticks the boxes on the most important events in life!

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
Mancunian

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A great heartwarming short story that is sure to bring a smile to your face. This is about a car that becomes more than a family heirloom, it almost becomes part of the family. You need to read it to discover the important role that the Ford Model A Tudor, Melvin Ford, plays in this families development. A recommended 'feel good' read.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Gary L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A treasured family possession revels the love within that family.  Delightful 

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..