Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 987 Words
  • 1,993 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ancalagon - 80. Chapter 80

“I shall go back and prepare my people for your ambassador’s visit.” Garjah tilted his head, one fist over his chest in salute. I guess he respected the Fertet who’d agreed to come in place of the Glo’ots the Council had tried to send in the first place. I’d vetoed that immediately, ignoring my mother’s hiss behind me. They were a species long part of the Galactic, but they were stuffy, bureaucratic types who would not do well with Garjah’s people.

No, to foster a relationship, they’d needed a species who held similar values and who would appreciate the beauty and landscape that invaded the city in ways that most spacefaring species no longer prioritized. The Fertet were a shifter species who needed land to roam in their bestial form, and the Council member’s son was a trained diplomat, so he was a natural choice for ambassador.

Plus I’d known him while I’d trained at the Institute, so I wasn’t as worried about him being a spy. Of course he’d be reporting to the Council, that was his duty. But he didn’t need to pick around for things that weren’t his business.

We’d surprised many of the Council members over the two days of meetings. Not only that Garjah was as capable an envoy and stringent at setting terms, but that I was by his side and would remain there.

I should have known that wouldn’t last.

“Of course you should, but Essell Deray will be going nowhere. He is a Fleet assigned researcher sponsored by the Institute and assigned to the Rinta.”

In an instant, Garjah had one hand locked around mine, and Bouncer was standing at alert, his ears erect and posture rigid. He rumbled in his chest, it echoing strangely. I glanced sideways and realized that it wasn’t an echo from Bouncer, but that Garjah was also rumbling as he stared at the sanctimonious Fleet officer blocking our retreat from the Council meeting room.

“You stole a skimmer, among other things.” Sonez glared at me. “You will return to your post and answer for your actions.” He curled his lip. “And then go straight to medical.”

“He will not.” Garjah squared off against Sonez. “I have made my terms very clear. Essell is one of my people now, and we do not answer to you.”

“You would dishonor your Fleet contract?” Sonez asked, trying to look at me over Garjah’s shoulder. He looked ridiculous, straining to make himself taller. “Disgrace your family name?”

“I would have disgraced my family name far more if I’d agreed to sleep with you to be allowed to go on missions, since you issued a standing order to keep me on ship until I agreed.”

We’d moved to a smaller chamber to finalize the details of arranging Ases’ role as ambassador, but there were three Council members present plus several staff members. At least a dozen heard me accuse him of abusing his rank and coercing junior crew members.

Red suffused Sonez’s cheeks, and he spluttered. “I would never do such a thing.”

“Funny, the vid I have of you making just such an order, in person I might add, counters that. Should I broadcast it?” He’d been talking to one of his cronies in security, and they’d locked me out of all legitimate missions and even the lab I’d been given.

He spluttered, his fists clenching and unclenching at his sides. I knew he wanted to hit me; I’d seen him do it to another crew member. He was an arrogant, self-important bully, but I knew how to handle those. I had evidence on him, and I would use it.

Not that I needed to. The second he took one step toward me, Bouncer crouched and his rumble turned into a snarl that showed off his impressive fangs. His claws slipped out of their sheaths and clicked on the metal floor.

The captain’s ruddy complexion paled at Bouncer’s threat, and he didn’t even realize the glistening claws were coated in a poison that would mean his death in seconds. All it would take was a single scratch.

“I am, first and foremost, bonded to this male and this friend who protects us.” I squeezed Garjah’s hand and placed on one Bouncer’s front shoulder. Even crouched, he was nearly waist high. Huh, when had he grown? “My commission in the Fleet is over. I do not work for the Institute. I am working for Garjah’s people now.”

What were they doing to do? Arrest me? As far as I was concerned, as soon as we left this city-covered rock, I was never coming back. Retiring to play host to a Fertet ambassador while Garjah handled security was more than enough work for me. He and Bouncer would probably get along great. One time, at the end of our first year, Ases had shifted into his beast form and climbed halfway up a building before he got scared and stuck. They’d had to use a personal skimmer with a net to get him down.

He tended not to look before he leapt into situations, or he had. It’d been two years since I saw him last, but he’d agreed immediately when I’d asked for him today. I figured being a low-level adjunct to some other official his dad got him in with was probably boring him to death.

“Now move, or you will be moved.” I didn’t give an inch; whoever had tried bringing Sonez into this situation thinking I’d listen to him or his arguments was seriously delusional.

Bouncer advanced, and Sonez scrambled back and toward the Heeze who’d sat silently while we negotiated. Ahh, that made sense. With his ebony skin and tinted eyes, he had to be at least part Heeze, and they were a race of beings who could not see past their own superiority.

I don’t think I hid my smirk very well.

Copyright © 2020 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 31
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, astone2292 said:

I can't help it! I love making fun of Captain MumfordandSonez!

That, and @imogene_arant told me to stop making them laugh a couple chapters ago... so I'm now obligated to continue. 

@astone2292, @imogene_arant, any chance Captain Roman Fingers is related to Captain's Sanfordand sons???

  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

I've been thinking of the alleged Captain as Shitstain.  Bouncer certainly helped, but Essell absolutely helped induce said shitstain in his drawers. Go Essell!

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
On 3/2/2022 at 5:33 AM, DJSMITH74 said:

Sh*t I thought Bouncer had a free meal. UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!!

snow white eating GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski
 

Let Bouncer claw each place on Sonez that he has violated others, but then caution him not to play with his food. If Bouncer cherished the bitter grubs of his home planet, he will surely enjoy the grubby Rinta Captain.

…Eat Sonez tonight and sleep, eat, eat, sleep

 

Edited by Philippe
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
On 3/2/2022 at 6:21 PM, astone2292 said:

I would laugh so hard if Captain Sonezzy Osbourne became one of Essell's snappy comebacks.

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Thank goodness it wasn’t CAPT GropesSonEZy that received the life saving and morphing DNA; imagine, CAPT FourHandGropes SonEzy.

Perhaps the best punishment for the Capt is to remove the little grubby fingers; Bouncer! Grub Fingers, very snacky. Do they taste just like chicken?

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..