Jump to content

Elixir

   (1 review)
Genres: Paranormal
Sub-genres: Romantic Paranormal

 

Young Danny has suddenly found himself having strange and powerful feelings for another boy for the very first time. He's never experienced any homoerotic feelings before...but one day, out of the blue...it was like he couldn't live without him. Almost as if a 'spell' had been cast upon him. So the real question is...why is he feeling this way? What does he plan to do about it? And...

...Just how deep do those feelings go?

89VMR7d.jpg
Copyright © 2019 Comicality; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Elixir
    • 7,221 Words
    • 1,531 Views
    • 8 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Talo Segura

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

An orgy of lust, desire, and control with a twist in the tale that only gets revealed halfway through. The story is narrated by our reluctant hero, or perhaps it would be more appropriate to label him spell bound. However you see it, he is led on a passionate dance of sexual fantasy which is described in all its thrusting detail.

I am uncertain as to whether the author intended that the narrative reflect the age of the narrator. Whether he did or not, that certainly comes across with the air of immaturity with which the story is told. "I'm soooo hard..." Danny (our narrator) tells us, in much the same narrative style that uses capitalised words for emphasis of his emotions. We are told, "my 16 years of life" Danny's age, but I'd put him at least a couple of years younger, he seems too immature for a sixteen year old.

The story does not stray far from the lustful romance: "Those pale, porcelain smooth, bubbles of heated flesh, sensually begging to be pried open so I can sink deeply into the narrow cleft and penetrate the rose colored pucker between them." But don't take that as a criticism, because the author very skilfully describes those powerful teenage emotions. Simply because it may appear quasi-pornographic, that is in the eyes of the reader, perhaps because it arouses the same feelings it describes?

The author's own philosophy creeps into the story: "Love was meant to be shared exclusively between two people. It's a union of two halves, a bond that should never be broken. Never wasted." That is not a believable statement from Danny, but possibly the author intends to convey a message.

If I were to make any criticism it would revolve around a sometimes mix of tenses that occasssionally intrude and interrupt the flow: "I (have) hardly ever put in the effort to pay him any attention at all since I've known him." As well as what may be an Americanism to write: "she weakly said," something not unique here, but which I am used to writing as - she said, weakly.

This was a wonderfully emotional tale and I confess to it being the first story I have read by this admired and accomplished author. I'm sorry, but vampires aren't my thing (the only excuse I can offer). It certainly has inspired me to read more of his writing as I am sure it will you, if you take a moment to read this.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..