Jump to content
    Comicality
  • Author
  • 3,336 Words
  • 4,509 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Secret Life of Billy Chase 2 - 4. Chapter 4

Wednesday

- Do you know what my Dad gave me when he stopped by the house this afternoon? An address, a phone number, and a house key. Let me just write that out again, because it just doesn't seem real to me. An address.....a phone number....and a house key. Like...to another apartment that wasn't our house. Evidently he's subletting this one bedroom place somewhere just outside of the neighborhood, and now that he's a bit 'settled', he wanted me to know the details. Why would I want to know the details? Why would I want to go to some building that's not home? He'll be home soon. A few weeks, a month at the most, and my parents will be happy again. I just wish that they didn't have to go through all of these stupid theatrics to solve a simple ass problem. Just STOP fighting! How hard can it be? I swear, when I get to be older, I'm never going to let the little things like this get to me. I swear, the whole "grown up" world is so mixed up and petty....I'd just as well stay a kid forever.

Anyway....Jimmy came back to school today. And I'll be honest...it REALLY worried me to even think about what it would be like for him to come back to class and sit in his old seat again. What he did was just....a horrible nightmare for the rest of us. So, to see him in the flesh again was like seeing Freddy Krueger at the local burger joint. I was hoping that the other kids would take it easy on him. I half expected the others to start in on him right away. Writing homophobic shit on his locker, or beating him up in the gym locker room. But....surprisingly....everybody seemd to be happy to see him again. EVERYBODY. Even the teachers. Nobody really drew any attention to what happened, but they seemed generally happy to see him in school again. I don't know if this put me at ease, or if it angered me to the point of wanting to scream. I mean, is THIS what it takes? Someone has to feel SO hurt, SO low, SO unbelieveably unwanted and unloved...that they'd rather fucking *DIE* than live through that misery for another day? Is THAT what it takes to be treated like a human being by your supposed 'peers'? You have to make a SUICIDE attempt to get people to hear your screams, or to see your tears, or to realize how badly they've treated you? What kind of fucked up world is this? All morning, I sat back and watched how mature and courteous everybody suddenly got when it came to dealing with Jimmy. Suddenly, everybody wants to be friendly and cheerful. All of the sudden they want to pat him on the back and say nice things and apologize for treating him so badly. Well...what would have happened if he hadn't survived it? Huh? What then? Would they have come to the funeral and been all, "Ohhh, Jimmy...I didn't know. I'm so sorry." That would have been too fucking LATE then, now wouldn't it? After all the pushing and shoving and laughing at him and teasing...Jimmy should be spitting in their faces and watching them stand there and take it while pretending to be cordial and polite. I would be.

Then...something happened. I talked to Jimmy in the hall right after class, and he was a bit....'surprised'. I thought it was stupid for him to be shocked by me approaching him in the hallway. I had been to his house, I had been talking to him on the phone, I came to visit him in the hospital. But for some odd reason, he was under the impression that things would go back to 'normal' once we were back in school. That's exactly how he said it. "Go back to normal." That's when it hit me....I wasn't much better than the others, was I? I mean, before he started acting strange, before he was on the edge of killing himself, I never paid Jimmy LaPlane any attention either. I never talked to him. I never hung out with him. If I went out with friends, I never invited him along. So what exactly makes me better than anybody else in this place? Because, just like them, I didn't decide to care until it was almost too late. And here Jimmy was, with this giant crush on me, thinking about how much he liked me and how I just let the rest of the world walk all over him. It was a humble moment indeed. I hope I didn't contribute to making his whole life so....you know....'dark'. Somehow, some way, I hope our new friendship makes up for it. Even if only a little bit.

Which brings me to another small revelation that I had today. I saw Simon sitting by himself in the library this morning, and when I walked past him, he sorta gave me a look. It wasn't an angry look, or anything specifically nasty. If anything, it was kinda sad. It was like...I could see my own absence in his life, and it sucked. I always figured that Simon had other friends, that he'd be mad at me and eventually move on to forget that I even existed. But maybe...maybe he missed me. And it made me wonder...is it because he basically proved to me that he didn't want to have sex with me? Is that why I pushed him out of my mind? Is that why I keep him at arms length? There was a time when I thought about how cute he was, and how badly I wanted to get in his pants. And when I was 'targeting' him for some offbeat sexual interlude...I wanted to hang out with him every day of the week. But since he kinda 'rejected' me, I stepped back from the idea of expecting anything much from him. And when he got mad at me for not being a good enough friend...I pushed him away even further. So....am I doing the same thing to him that AJ was doing to me wth the anal sex? Am I basically telling Simon, "Love me the way that *I* want you to love me or we're finished?" I don't want to be an asshole, but I think that, deep down, I was using my friendship as a bargaining chip to get him into bed. I was making it clear that he can either fuck me or leave me alone. And it's just not fair to put any demands on how somebody loves you. Either you have faith in their feelings of friendship, or you don't. And if you don't....then the only friends you'll ever have are the ones who you bully into it. Who needs that? I don't.

I probably should have talked to him about it today, but to be honest, I felt bad. So I just kinda nodded at him to let him know....well...I don't know what I wanted him to know. But I didn't want him to think that I was mad at him anymore. I hope he got that hint in the few seconds it took for me to pass him in the lbrary.

That's pretty much my day in a nutshell. Oh, except that I got an email from Lee tonight, but I didn't answer. I don't know...I just couldn't do it. A part of me is still really hurt, and I don't want to talk to him if I can't trust him to be honest with me about something as serious as my girlfriend cheating on me behind my fucking back with my best friend. Besides, I still have the need to punish somebody for this whole fiasco. And since Sam and Joanna don't seem to give a fuck about me anymore, Lee is the next available candidate to get tossed into the mudpit. There are moments when I miss him and his sweet smile...but for now, I think it's best to not talk to him. Not at all.

I've gotta run, but I'll write more tomorrow. Later.

-Billy

 

Thursday

- You know, Jamie cross wore the 'perfect' button down shirt today. It was brand new, and deep red with a glaring white tshirt underneath it. Plus he was wearing his little chain, and it hung over the white tshirt in SUCH a cute way. Seeing a light blond haired boy in a red shirt is like...magic. It's like the perfect color to make them radiate whatever raw sexual energy they possess in buckets. He was gorgeous. Sighhh...Jamie is always gorgeous. It's gotta be the most hopeless persuit on Earth, me trying to get him to actually notice me. I'm an IDIOT for continuously fantasizing about him kissing me, holding me, making sweet love to me in slow motion while I whisper his name again and again. I wish my heart would wise up already and stop with the meaningless flood of 'love juices' that enter my bloodstream everytime he's anywhere near me. I wonder if I'll still be in love with him ten years from now. Like...if I'll harbor this uncontrollable feeling in my heart forever. I'd hate to think that I couldn't find a 'complete' happiness with anyone else simply because I couldn't get rid of the emotions surrounding the most unapologetically beautiful boy in the history of high school. I've really gotta beat this addiction one day. It's really beginning to make me look stupid.

Melissa is still being excruciatingly nice to me since the break up. To the point where I almost want to avoid her when I see her coming. She keeps saying that she wants me to call, or come over, or to just hang out. I mean, I KNOW Melissa, and she's majorly cool in a lot of different ways. But I can't say that we've ever really been friends before. It's kind of a shock to the system to suddenly start 'hanging out' with someone that you only know...um...'casually'. You know? That's not to say that we can't be friends outside of school or anything. But it'll take more than a day or two to suddenly become bossom budies. Besides, I've been a bit apprehensive when it comes to Melissa's sudden interest in me. Especially after her reaction to the kiss I gave her on her birthday, and her chasing me around since Joanna's been out of the picture, I wonder if I'm setting myself up for another trip down 'gay guy with a girlfriend' alley. Sighhh...screw it. I should be happy that I'm free to date guys now, right? Right? Yeah....I should be happy.

Jimmy was being a bit quiet today, and I think it's starting to freak him out a little bit to have people know about his sexual preference. They haven't said anything BAD about it, at least not YET. But I think the stares and whispers, even though they're done politely, are starting to make him a bit paranoid about the whole thing. And yet, I almost envy him a little bit. Because he's....you know....'free'. No more pretending, no more secrets, no more suffocating thoughts over who's watching him or who might find out. Shit, he might even find himself a boyfriend because of all this exposure. You know, now that the closeted boys 'know' they have a shot with him. If he can make it through this period of adjustment, I think he's actually gonna feel a lot better. So, I hope it works out for him. He needs to finally find his place. Hell...we both do.

Whoah...I just had the most AWESOME idea!!! What if...and this is just a random thought here...what if I could make it so Jimmy starts dating Bobby Jinette?!?! Oh SHIT! That would solve a LOT of problems! For Bobby, for Jimmy, and for ME! Not only would it keep Bobby's hands off of my Brandon and keep his attention focused elsewhere, but Jimmy would have himself a boyfriend! He'd be happy, life would get beter, his crush on me would fade, and they both get to live happily ever after! Aw dude, that's fucking PERFECT! Almost too perfect! But I'm definitely gonna work on it. I can't believe I thought of this! I've gotta start planning some course of action to pull this off! The wheels are turning! Ten points for Billy's brain!

I miss AJ, but I didn't call him today. Maybe it was a sudden bout of horny teenage thoughts. Maybe it's the fact tha he hasn't thought to call me since I talked to him last. And maybe it's because...deep down inside....I'm kinda thinking about letting him fuck me again, if for no other reason than to get him to smile and say sweet things to me again. But whatever it was, I began to really miss what we had, and when I get the courage, I'm gonna call him back and apologize. I want to see him. I want to kiss those sweet lips of his and just have him hold me again. I know that sounds pretty psychotic aftersome of the stuff that I wrote about him over the last two weeks. But...without AJ, I don't have anybody to kiss and cuddle with. Like...nobody. If I lost him now, I'd be all alone again. And it's SO hard being alone after you've been in love. It's like, TWICE as hard to wake up in the morning. TWICE as hard.

I've gotta go. Dinner time. Life seems to be hanging in eternal limbo right now. I never know where my emotions are gonna take me when it comes to days like this. Tomorrow should be better though. I'm going to Jimmy's afterschool, so that should be the perfect time to see if I can get him together with Bobby. Wish me luck!

-Billy

 

Friday

- Okay Billy.....you've gotta BREATHE! Hehehehe! OMIGOD! I don't know why I'm SO excited right now, but I've got the weirdest little tingle in my chest right now, and I can't get rid of it. Anyway, you know I went to Jimmy's house today after school, right? Well...we were in his room talking about this and that, and he was telling me how spooked he is that everybody is being so nice to him. He says that it's like a whole new world these days. Which...I mean...I was angry about before, but since it made Jimmy smile to have them be nice to him for a change, I guess I could be happy for him. It doesn't mean that it's right. It just means that it worked. It sounds really awful to say that, but it's the truth. The honest truth. I just hope that other kids can find a better way to get that kind of attention. Because there's a BILLION other ways to do it. BETTER ways. I'll just say that, for NOW, I'm glad that Jimmy is getting a bit of a break from the henpecked social order of the school. It may not last forever, but it might last long enough to give Jimmy the confidence he needs to not let it bother him as much as it did before. It can be a lonely fight...trying to prove yourself to the masses.

Anyway...that's not why I'm excited! While we were talking, I thought about my plan to set Jimmy up with Bobby Jinette and getting him out of my hair. And Jimmy brings up Brandon out of nowhere. And I told him that Brandon and I were kinda, like, friends. You know? I even told him about Brandon coming over to my house and everything. Jimmy was so AMAZED! He says, "Whoah! Are you SERIOUS??? Oh wow...I think Brandon is SO damn cute!!! I really do!" He SAID that to me! And I so badly wanted to jump in and agree with him. I wanted to sit back on his bed, and talk about 'boys' with Jimmy and how badly we'd love to see them naked while giggling like a bunch of 10 year old girls playing truth or dare. It would totally ROCK to be able to tell him that I was gay too and be able to talk about this stuff with someone...um...'real'. (No offense to you, of course, oh journal of mine)

So...I bring up Bobby as a part of my wicked plan. I ask him, "You know who I bet would be perfect for you? Bobby Jinette." And Jimmy kinda wrinkled up his forehead a bit.

"Bobby who?" He said. I did my best to try and describe him, and he just said, "Hmmm....I don't think I know him. Maybe I'd know him if I saw him." I told him what classes I had with him, and I think a light ulb went on in Jimmy's head. "OHHH!!! I know who you're talking about! Yeah, he's cool! He's pretty cute too! But I don't think he likes boys."

So I say, "How do you know? He might."

But Jimmy shook his head and said, "I don't think so. Bobby's too outgoing to be gay a this age." He grinned.

Now check THIS out! I'm all like, "Well, it's not like Brandon is gay. And you like HIM."

And JIMMY says, "Oh please! Come on! Brandon is SO gay! He's gotta be!" Now....by this time, I'm already breathig hard and nervous, because I can't believe what he just SAID to me! That's just like...unbelievable. So I'm totally denying the whole idea, and Jimmy says, "Dude...trust me. Brandon is gay. He's hiding it, but I can tell." I ask him how, and Jimmy asks me, "Has Brandon EVER had a girlfriend?" Which doesn't mean anything. A lot of guys don't have girlfriends, it doesn't make them gay. And hell, *I* had a girlfriend, and I'm gay! Then Jimmy says, "He's shy, he's quiet, he's secretive about just about everything, he's a good student, a nice dresser, and when Cindy Mullen asked him to take her to the beach...he made up an excuse about having to go to the dentist that day." Geez....and Cindy has the biggest breasts in the 9th grade! The idea of a hetero-boy turning down an opportunity to see her in a bathing suit seemed pretty damn farfetched. So, Jimmy is putting all of these crazy ideas into my head, and I'm actually starting to believe him! I mean...what if Brandon is gay? What if Brandon is...'touchable'! I can't even IMAGINE this! I mean, I know that I wanted him, and I know that I didn't want anybody else to have him, and I know that being with him would be a total PARADISE for the rest of my fucking natural life....but I never actually considered the possibility of it actually HAPPENING before! I mean...I don't think my heart could handle it if Brandon loved me back. Or...'LIKED' me back. Whatever.

So, I thought back to every word Brandon spoke to me today at the lunch table, wondering if he was giving away some hidden signals or something. I DO remember him saying that he wish he had some more meat in his sandwich at one point.....but I don't think he meant that as a metaphor for hot gay sex. Who knows? Brandon can be kinda hard to 'read' sometimes. Shit...I've really gotta explore this a bit more!

I've gotta go! I'm really too damn excited to write right now! I'm just...I'm literally SHAKING!!! I can wait to see him again! I've gotta ask him some questions or something! Just to see what he says. Wow...Brandon.....gay. What a world it would be if he was!

Later!

- Billy

Copyright © 2010 Comicality; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

ROFL

Billy realising that Brandon might be gay..... awwwww tooo cute. :D

 

I'm glad he saw he was being a bit hypocritical for himself eg in the Simon department like...

And I'd kind of forgotten about the uber perfect Jamie Cross. He's not drooled over him in like forever. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I love that he's finally realizing how much of an asshole he's been to people in certain ways and finally growing up a little.  And thank God Jimmy finally got his wheels turning thinking about the idea that Brandon can possibly be gay!! It's been so obvious.. but leave it to Billy to be the last one to think that someone could like him. And I almost cried reading the part that he was talking about being lonely.. I felt that so deep that it hurt.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..