Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 926 Words
  • 883 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Prompt You Say! - 10. Prompt 137 - The Cake

The prompt is use the following as a first line
“But if you don’t do it, you know you will regret it for the rest of your life.”

“But if you don’t do it, you know you will regret it for the rest of your life.”

I looked at Christian as I turned away from the cakes.

“If I don’t order a chocolate cake I’ll regret it for the rest of my life?”

“Yup, cause there is now way in hell I’m eating a cake in the shape of a heart with red velvet in it,” Christian stared at me, “because it will look like you cut someone open. No deal.”

“You do realize the cake isn’t being bought for your birthday, right?”

Christian smiled at me like I had lost my mind. He wiped his fingers on the little wet naps they had supplied for the tasting.

“Do you really think he wants try to eat his cake while it looks like it is bleeding? Red velvet maybe your favorite, but you know damn well it isn’t his.”

“Well he likes to have fun with chocolate,” I began then blushed as I remembered just some of the fun we had actually had using chocolate body paint. Pulling myself back together I looked at the three samples we hadn’t yet reached.

The young woman sitting across from us tried hard to keep herself together as she listened to our catty conversation. She looked up from her pad, blushing deeply, and tried to keep us going in the right direction again.

“So you have decided on the heart design then for the cake. No nuts will be used, as you said allergies and we can easily make sure that is safe. You’ve tried the red velvet, the double chocolate, and the mango passion fruit cakes. The white one with the green star is the mint, and that leaves pink circle as our peach cake, and finally the royal white cake with cannoli cream filling.”

I paused a moment as I glanced at the remaining flavors. What was her name again? Oh yeah, Amy.

Christian didn’t hesitate as he heard what the remaining flavors were. He reached right over and scooped up his piece of the cannoli sample. His eyes closed and he reached over for the other sample of it.

“Touch it and die, cake boy!”

I watched as Christian shot me the finger and leaned back in his seat. This time he licked his fingers clean instead of reaching for another wet nap.

I reached forward snagging the cannoli sample popped it into my mouth and found he was right. We’d found the perfect flavor for Kon’s cake.

“Have you decided on colors?” Amy looked over the top of her order pad at me.

“Green and white,” we said together and laughed. We knew that Anthony might be many things but he was definitely a loyal Jets fan.

Amy smiled. “Are we doing anything else on the cake? Since you said he likes the Jets would you like us to incorporate some of his favorite things onto the cake?”

I sat back unsure if I should do it or not, but that was never Christian’s problem, pausing to think.

“He likes some odd things. Reading, the Jets, cycling, and artists like Norman Rockwell.”

I smiled as I thought of the home we shared and had to agree.

“I wouldn’t worry about the artist stuff, but he does like to paint.”

“We can work those ideas around the edge of the cake. Trust me, Melissa is a wizard at creating unforgettable cakes. This won’t be like one of those little cakes you can get from any bakery,” Amy said confidently as she looked over her notes.

“Well for Kon’s thirtieth we really wanted something special.”

Christian snorted and Amy looked over curiously.

“Would you knock it off Chris. Geez, enough.”

He laughed a little harder before facing Amy.

“Sorry. We told you he would be using his nickname instead of his full name Konstantinople, but the first time his nickname was given to me I miss heard it. I thought that he said Kong.”

At least he had the sense to blush I thought to myself.

“Oh, well that should be it. Are you sure you don’t want two flavors, one for each level of the cake?”

“Chocolate,” Christian immediately said.

“No, just the cannoli on both levels, thank you.”

Christian looked upset as he turned to me.

“When it is your birthday, we will get your favorite flavor.”

I could tell he was about to come out with a smart aleck remark so I cut him off.

“but since you passed your thirtieth I guess it will have to wait till your fortieth.”

Christian’s eyes narrowed.

“Bitch, you know my thirtieth birthday isn’t for another year and a half.”

I laughed and rose to my feet, following Amy to the counter.

“So the cake will be ready and delivered to the site on the twenty fourth as you requested.”

“Thank you.”

She rang everything up and I paid for it, relieved that this was at least over. I really wanted Kon’s birthday to be special this year.

“So how about we stop for take out?”

“You forget our cover story was we were shopping to get you pants.”

“I hate buying pants. I just like taking them off other guys though.”

“I swear if I didn’t know you better, I’d think you were a slut.”

Christian smiled wickedly.

“Who says I ain't?”

“How about your empty bed and our couch which is constantly filled with your butt?”

Christian just shook his head as we walked over to Aeropostale and began to shop.

So that was my take on the first line “But if you don’t do it, you know you will regret it for the rest of your life.”
If you liked the story click like. Comments, as always, are welcomed.
Copyright © 2012 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 05/13/2012 11:33 PM, JOeKEool said:
Good story. Now I want some cake.
LOL. Well at least I know you enjoyed. Which flavor did you want Joe?
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..