Jump to content

In Between

   (3 reviews)
Sub-genres: Suspense

Woody has just started collage as a botany major where he's glad to be out from under his parents' domain.  Now free to explore his sexuality, he's been dating Sam for the last couple weeks, although he's wondering about his shy roommate's interest as well.  He's suppose to be going out with Sam on Halloween night, but his roommate doesn't want him to go.  He's caught in between. 

Copyright © 2017 Headless Horseman; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 4,600 Words
    • 2,629 Views
    • 17 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

karenchaplin

  

Excellent narrative. Draws the reader in, right from the beginning. I enjoyed feeling the hint of unease that kept me from falling into a simple love story. True Halloween fiction.Well done.

Link to review
Cole Matthews

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a delightful story with well-rounded characters and a consuming plot.  Linden is very complete even without much detail.  The reader can easily see him.  The narrator, Woody, is equally as complete and the use of first person works in this scenario.  

 

I would have liked more of Sam Hain, the holiday, and little bits more of Drake, is it Mandrake per chance?  But, I could smell the smoke, feel the heat and the pain of the carving of the flesh/wood.  I enjoyed letting my imagination fill in the blanks.  There are a few grammar issues, but nothing to detract from the story.  Great Job!!!

  • Like 1
Link to review
Carlos Hazday

   1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Finding typos and or misspelled words in a story description is usually enough to make me skip it. It's college, not collage. In this case I ignored my instincts and was pleasantly surprised. There are several spots where verb tenses are mixed and jarring but the story does have charm. There's also a one word sentence in the middle which still has me confused: is the rest of the sentence missing or did the proofreader fail to catch it?

 

The tension's there from the beginning and the author does a decent job of ratcheting it up at a good pace. Confusion and fear draw the reader in and help create the right atmosphere for a Halloween inspired tale. Discovering the main character isn't what he seems fits in well with his reaction to the ritual he's forced to witness. Although I prefer endings where everything is resolved or a hint at a resolution is hinted at, in this case the doubt left in the reader's mind works well.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..