Jump to content

A Perfect Confluence of Events Sanitaria Springs

   (10 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Drew lives a strange life with his mother who abuses him, his neighbors who act more like a family than his mother - the complications of being different from the average by being gay seems silly to add on. He plans to study hard and get away, but then something unexpected happens with his neighbor Teo. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Maybe both?

Copyright © 2020 Dabeagle; All Rights Reserved.
  • Classic Author
  • 05/03/2020 (Updated: 06/06/2020)
  • 22 Chapters
  • 100,276 Words
  • 120,603 Views
  • 948 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (28 members)

  • Action Packed 10
  • Addictive/Pacing 20
  • Characters 26
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 7
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 5
  • Tearjerker 11
  • Unique 15
  • World Building 8

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 4,160 Words
    • 6,135 Views
    • 25 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 3,945 Words
    • 3,675 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 4,935 Words
    • 3,214 Views
    • 16 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 5,877 Words
    • 4,258 Views
    • 34 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 5,308 Words
    • 4,245 Views
    • 49 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 4,270 Words
    • 4,183 Views
    • 48 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 4,945 Words
    • 5,467 Views
    • 75 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 3,739 Words
    • 5,149 Views
    • 74 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 3,354 Words
    • 4,779 Views
    • 40 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 4,046 Words
    • 4,736 Views
    • 38 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 3,592 Words
    • 4,495 Views
    • 65 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 4,830 Words
    • 4,699 Views
    • 33 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 4,142 Words
    • 5,175 Views
    • 52 Comments
  • 14. Chapter 14
    • 4,137 Words
    • 4,507 Views
    • 46 Comments
  • 15. Chapter 15
    • 4,672 Words
    • 4,814 Views
    • 43 Comments
  • 16. Chapter 16
    • 4,119 Words
    • 4,787 Views
    • 40 Comments
  • 17. Chapter 17
    • 6,639 Words
    • 4,968 Views
    • 42 Comments
  • 18. Chapter 18
    • 4,381 Words
    • 4,772 Views
    • 35 Comments
  • 19. Chapter 19
    • 5,196 Words
    • 5,920 Views
    • 42 Comments
  • 20. Chapter 20
    • 4,534 Words
    • 4,456 Views
    • 38 Comments
  • 21. Chapter 21
    • 3,827 Words
    • 4,603 Views
    • 51 Comments
  • 22. Chapter 22
    • 5,628 Words
    • 4,914 Views
    • 48 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

wenmale64

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a story of several teens and the way they help each other. While the story centers on Drew and Cole with their individual harsh home lives, it also shows how friends can be more than just friends. With the help of the friends this story opens the readers view to the many ways life can twist and turn towards a most pleasant outcome. From virtual imprisonment and abuse to ill conceived views of how a person should act to be what is expected, this story takes us on a journey to find the solutions to mistreatment, poor decisions, angst, fear, anger and finally acceptance and caring. Jump into this story and hang on for a wonderful ride through a piece of the life of some wonderful teens and adults along with some not so wonderful characters and one or two who fall in between. You will not be disappointed!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
weinerdog

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

I’m trying to be the first to give a review to this story.Because that way the written quality of the reviews to follow this one will be undoubtedly be better I’ll try my best.

This story centers around Drew who life is hell when we first meet him.He lives with a single mother who is strict but is also very disturbed.Drew is not allowed to have a cell phone not allowed to date or have any kind of life he’s glad to have a  job at a local burger joint just so he could get out of the house.In addition his mother makes unfounded accusations  against him and follows it up by hitting him.The only saving grace he has is the  family next door who he grew up with since birth the father treats him like one of his own and the children think of him as a brother.An unexpected revelation turns everything upside down makes Drew change the way he goes about things.

 

While that is happening another teen named Cole unbeknownst to everyone around him has had his eye on Drew from afar. He uses some deception which was described as disgustingly awesome by one of the characters to get close to Drew and it has the desired effect.Cole’s family life is also no picnic but together Drew and Cole face these problems together and lean on each other.As the title of the story suggests they found each other at the right time.

 

The author Debeagle uses a lot of classic daytime soap plot elements in this story but unlike the daytime soap whose execution of is done very cheesy here it is done very smartly and it works.In all of Debeagle’s stories there is just the right mix of teen angst ,conflict ,humor, friends and family who love each other and finally resolution.During these troubled times we currently live where a lot of us have to stay home ,until things get back to normal you would do good to read this story and all his other stories on GA and his own website.

  • Like 2
  • Love 7
Link to review
pvtguy

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A story of teen love with the drama of emotional and physical abuse thrown in to create the situation where the two find the comfort and support they need in each other.  It definitely keeps the reader eager to move from chapter to chapter, not wanting to to end!

  • Love 7
Link to review
Former Member

· Edited by droughtquake

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Learn to count with all the other readers! (Just kidding. A contest to reach a set number of Reactions by readers of this story generated lots of excitement and encouraged many to do more than just read the chapter by giving everyone a reason to React and even Comment. Reaching the goal meant the next chapter would be posted. Dabeagle normally posts just one chapter a week, so you can see how much interest this generated!)

Drew lives with his physically abusive single mother. He lives next door to his two best friends, Teo and Alessia, who treat him like he’s their brother. Teo and Alessia’s father often feeds him. They are aware that Drew’s family life is very difficult, but they aren’t fully aware of just how bad things are because Drew usually manages to hide the evidence from them.

Drew does well in school, in part because his mother obsesses on it (to the point of demanding that teachers inform him of the dates of upcoming tests and exams) and because he knows he needs to do well to escape after high school.

Drew doesn’t socialize with any of his classmates other than Teo and Alessia. He’s seen as kind of a loner. But several of them express interest in him (even though he’s clueless about their flirtatious attempts). Will Monique’s fuzzy mohair sweater (which she thinks is made from ‘Mohawks’) capture his attention? Or is someone else more than just pretty?

Only a couple very tiny spoilers in this review. You’ll want to read this story to understand what we’re all talking about. You won’t regret it!
;–)

  • Love 1
Link to review
chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This fantastic story from Dabeagle is full of teenage anger, humour, friends and family who both love and hate each other.

This story features Drew, whose life is a living hell when we first meet him. He lives with his mother, who is strict. He works at the local Burger Joint. He doesn't have a social life or mobile phone as his mother doesn't allow it and she abuses him on a daily basis. He is treated as a son by family next door and the kids think of him as a brother.

But one day things go to far and unexpected revelation turns things on end for Drew.

Whilst Drew is having things difficult at home another teenager called Cole is using deception to spy on Drew from afar. Cole's family life is not good either.

We watch as our two boys are brought together and between them they lean on each other and face there problems.

A truly fantastic story that I highly recommend.

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
belisima

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A Reader just can't go wrong when choosing one of DaBeagle's stories.  Beautifully written with interesting characters with realistic feelings are always welcome in my world.  By turns sweet and funny, the pacing keeps us turning each page as quickly as possible so we don't miss a thing (at least it did for me). This story brought back memories of being young and in love.  I'll definitely be reading this one again!

  • Love 5
Link to review
mate

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Another beautiful, warm hearted well written story with the needed amount of drama to get you reading up to the end and to crave for more. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
EMichaelC2

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Some drama wasn't plausible, until @Dabeagle took it over and breathed life into it. This story is hinged on dramatic improbabilities which I won't divulge here.

Just a few words about the protagonists. Drew lives with his abusive mother who controls every aspect of his life. Luckily his next door neighbors Alessia and Teo have his back. Drew has also found a good friend in Alessia's boyfriend, Braxton. One day, he is approached by Braxton's teammate Cole for help with a lab project. The two quickly develops a friendship through their shared love of reading. In the meantime, Drew is also confused by his attraction to Teo. The secrets of their life start to unravel as the teens started getting closer to one another. Their predicament is made worse by the problems of the adults in their lives.

It has taken me a while to find what I really like about the story other than the easy and graceful flow of the story telling and the likeable protagonists. They emerge from difficult families yet manage to find love and solace in each other. I will go with the stated theme of 'everything is made to be broken', with which the story begins. All the characters are broken to a certain extent. The angry and fiercely intelligent Drew muses on his broken childhood and finally finds courage and peace in his fight for his love. In the end, everything is broken so that it can be rebuilt. That possibility of renewal, forgiveness and starting afresh drives the storyline. It makes all the ugly and downright frightening truths in life bearable, and it makes room for love which makes all the struggle worthwhile.

  • Love 2
Link to review
JayBear

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This well-writtten story includes a host of fully developed characters.  The autor skillfully creates a tangled but interesting tale of relationships.  It is compelling and believable, a great piece of writing.

 

  • Love 2
Link to review
dughlas

   5 of 6 members found this review helpful 5 / 6 members

If you've read any of Dabeagle's Sanitaria Springs tales you know the quality of his work. You will not be disappointed. While it is included in the collection this story does not take place in the Springs but rather in a town nearby.

Drew is the child of a single mother, an abusive single mother. He is permitted to go to school, where he must do well and to his job at a local burger joint, his mother takes his pay. He can't date, can't go to parties or school dances. He can't have a cell phone, though with a little help from friends he does. His closest friends are Teo and Alessia who live next. The three are as close as brothers and sister. So close in fact that Drew more often eats nextdoor where Mr. Petrakis feeds him along with his own kids. Then things go from bad to worse and life gets stood on its head.

Cole is a jock stuck in a relationship with a girl because of his mother. Mom has some very outdated opinions on what a "real man" should be. The person Cole really wants is another boy. Meanwhile his dad has moved out and the parents are beginning messy divorce. Then things go from bad to worse and life gets stood on its head.

I think I'll leave the rest for you to discover as you read the story. Enjoy.

  • Like 2
  • Love 7
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..