Jump to content

Drafted Sanitaria Springs

   (3 reviews)
Genres: Comedy
Sub-genres: Comedy Modern

Set in the Sanitaria Springs universe, this is the first of two that centers on Micah's new friend, Leo. Leo is a few years ahead of Micah, but the two are fast friends despite the age gap. This story is told from Leo's POV, although some other SS cast members do make appearances.

Copyright © 2023 Dabeagle; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (6 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 3
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 6
  • Feel-Good 6
  • Humor 6
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 18,737 Words
    • 1,439 Views
    • 19 Comments
  • 2. Gravity
    • 19,252 Words
    • 1,299 Views
    • 11 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

centexhairysub

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Really enjoyed both of these chapters; and how the interplay between the two.  I am not sure that I have read but one other story in the Sanitaria Springs universe.  I will have to go and explore it more; that said, these two chapters stood perfectly well on their own.

The writing was crisp and the flow was perfect.  The characters, even the secondary ones, were just so well developed.  Both chapters covered short time spans; but felt well done and complete when you finished reading them.

The humor was gentle and the barbs were well aimed.  Pull up a rocker on the porch and spend a little time getting to know these wonderful characters.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
drsawzall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Another classic short from the Sanitaria Springs universe. Well told and very engaging.

How can you go wrong with conversations like the following???

“But you're our son,” she said with a little smile. “We've known you were different since you were little, and we've loved you since we first set eyes on you.” She shifted her glance to me. “So you'd better be careful with my baby, Leo.”

I cleared my throat. “Yes, Mrs. Fitzroy.”

“Going into town and get some chicken feed. Probably stop and look at a mower,” his dad said, re-entering the room. He paused and placed a hand on each of our shoulders. “You know that feeling you get when you look at each other? Butterflies in your stomach, helium in your chest, heat in your face?”

I looked at Henry and he looked back at his father with interest – and a little blush, thankfully. I knew I must have been. Christ – hell with all this blushing shit.

“That feeling you get? What it is, is all your good sense leaving your body, boys,” he said, looking back and forth between us. “Alcohol doesn't make you wittier or better looking. Next time, grow a set and just talk to each other, eh?” He clapped Henry on the back. “You can have your things. Your mother will take the restriction off your phone.”

  • Love 5
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

The Sanitary Springs universe is a unique and wonderful place filled with loving, compassionate people.  This story is one of many set in this universe.  The characters are funny and full of youthful hormones.  Drafted is a short story in this universe that introduces Leo, Micah's new friend, who introduces Micah into a new school.  Leo is a typical gay teen who has to deal with a broken heart.  Harry is the guy who broke it.  How things work out is a fun read that leaves you happy you read the story. 

  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..