Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 634 Words
  • 2,009 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
 

Even If We Tried – Kick-off Party:

To celebrate the release of my book, I'm hosting a live stream event on YouTube for folks to come and discuss my book so we can all reconnect about stories in general. I'd love it if folks stopped by. Everyone is welcome, and I'd love to see you there. It will be an informal chat, more like a coffee meeting, where we chill and talk about the release. I've decided to host it on April 3 at 8 PM (Irish Standard Time… aka GMT), so be sure to check the time difference. Links are below, so save the date.

 

Livestream link - click here.

https://youtube.com/live/eQbfI8vBSvc?feature=share

As They Say - (Revised) - 1. Entry 1+2

2nd May, 1991

I don't know why Eli is such a dick; that was such a down-low thing to do. I didn't punch that weird kid from town—the one with the bubbling snot or greasy hair... honest.

Why can't my Mam just accept the facts, her son is not guilty all the time?

Another topic worth talking about is that downright manky smell that farmers are spraying all over the fields. They have no consideration for somebody like me, who has a sense of smell. I wish the slurry season could pass quicker so things can go back to normal.

I haven't got much else to talk about today, so I'll just leave it there.

***

3rd May, 1991 - Part 1

That cold and callous alarm clock has no mercy on my soul. Why are early mornings even a thing? It's not like I'm in a hurry to go anywhere; I'm on summer holiday. Thank god for summer; I'm not sure who invented it, but I'm happy that Ireland gets them. Well... the two weeks equivalent to a vacay that hotter countries get.

Did I mention I'm Irish? Nooo? Well, now, you know. So, I guess this is my sixth diary... Wait... sixth journal. Diary sounds embarrassing. I know what you're thinking; what happened to the other five? In truth, I believe those diaries (journals) are downright embarrassing. Maybe in the future, I'll clue you in on my life after this journal, but as far as the previous five go, forget it. I was like super dumb and too little to understand half of the stuff I wrote about. Not to mention my scabby handwriting.

So, if someone were ever to find this book on a desert island like in pirate movies, I want to say, I'm Adam. Adam Walsh.

 

Just to kill your curiosity, if you have made it this far, I'm 14. I'm an average height for my age, but not huge like you see some of those kids like 6'5 in the US who play basketball.

I'm closer to 5'5, and that's just an estimate. Who has time to measure their height? I do, apparently, but not so often. I presume I'll get taller eventually, but for now, I'm stuck at 5'5.

I have blue eyes. Mam once said that I could end a war with my striking gaze. That remains to be seen, but then again, I don't want to experience conflict. That's a cruel fate. In war, nobody wins; you will be hunted down like a dog for no good reason.

Didn't some guy say that it's like a quote? I know I've read it somewhere. But just like always, my brain takes in the lesser important information.

I have chores to do today, ugh, the effort. It's like a punishment from all the adults. They try and come at us from all sides; they tell us we have to go to school, and they repress us with chores. There are even restrictions on who I choose for friends and what time I have to be home.

Adults should be grateful I'm cleaning up after them. Every time I hear an old person brag about how my generation is off the rails, I roll my eyes. I had problems getting out of bed to write this; it's early, so you should be appreciative if you're still reading (Pirate.)

Okay, I know I'm getting cheeky; I like it.

Is that weird? My friend Carl said that to me the other day. I'm getting very sarcastic. Who wants to get out of bed on summer vacation? Can you blame me?

Okay, I dragged this out long enough. I need to get a shower and get dressed so that I can start my day.

Emm effort,

Adam

Copyright © 2023 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 14
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, if you liked the chapter, let me know what you thought. If you want to read uninterrupted, consider grabbing a copy.

Links to Amazon and Google via my website - www.dk-daniels.com 

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

21 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great start. I look forward to reading about Adam and his diary.

Hope you enjoy the coming entires. This story is one of my older ones, and folks still mention how they liked it. So, I figured, I'd add the updated version one year after I officially published the project in 2022.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Adam says he's getting sarcastic  in other words being a teenager 

There will be plenty more of these sarcastic outbursts, as of course, Adam is a teenager. lol Thanks for commenting, hope you enjoy the story going forward.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..