Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 1,000 Words
  • 654 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
 

Even If We Tried – Kick-off Party:

To celebrate the release of my book, I'm hosting a live stream event on YouTube for folks to come and discuss my book so we can all reconnect about stories in general. I'd love it if folks stopped by. Everyone is welcome, and I'd love to see you there. It will be an informal chat, more like a coffee meeting, where we chill and talk about the release. I've decided to host it on April 3 at 8 PM (Irish Standard Time… aka GMT), so be sure to check the time difference. Links are below, so save the date.

 

Livestream link - click here.

https://youtube.com/live/eQbfI8vBSvc?feature=share

As They Say - (Revised) - 13. Entry 19 & 20

15th May 1991:

Right, so today, I have accomplished nothing new at all. After all, a huge bloody cloud opened up over the town, and it rained for most of the day. I haven't really done much other than lounge around the house. I knocked next door for Ross, but his grandmother said that he wasn't feeling very well. I decided to just leave it at that and not question it, and I came back to my house. I didn't really think much of it at first, but I hope Ross is not too sick. I hope he's okay and that he can come out to play— no, not play— hangout tomorrow.

Instead, I helped my Dad with those shelves in the shed. It was dangerous looking at him holding a power tool. The way he works sloppy reminded me of the way Clark Griswald in the National Lampoon’s movies did housework. I wouldn't trust my Dad too much to build a house or fix the more hardcore problems, but whatever he manages to put up somehow stays up— though it's never level. Take the new addition of shelves to the shed as an example. Are they level? Nope, Dad merely says they'll serve their purpose, and Mam does not seem to care all that much. I think she has gotten to the point that she knows Dad is a cowboy builder.

Other than that, what did I do? Hmm, let me see. Nothing… well, I did set some time away for my holiday to palm city— in bed, when I woke up. Other than that, yadda. I have never been so bored in all my life; I have practically done nothing. I wonder what Eli or Carl got up to today? Even the thought of anything remotely entertaining is funny at this point. Also, the idea of Carl feeding pigs is somehow humorous to me. Even though it's never been funny before because I can assume he has done it at one point in time. So, I don't think it should be overly entertaining, but it seems to be right now.

Anyway, I'm going to turn in and get some sleep before I end up unconscious at the desk from boredom rather than sleepiness.

Night,

So Board… So Board… So Board… So Board... So Board… Adam

***

16th May 1991:

Right, I officially hate Ireland. Rain again for the second day consecutively. It's supposed to be fricking summer. I should know better than to get angry at the weather in my own country…But hey, at least it was an improvement over yesterday. I didn't have to completely die on my own now. Ross dropped over when one of the showers eased, and just like that, I invited him in. When Mam shouted in from the kitchen asking who it was, I said, "It's Ross."

The scuffle from the kitchen chair scraped the tiles, and Mam made her way out to the hallway. I have a sneaky feeling that Mam has a soft spot for Ross. Maybe she knows something that I don’t know.

Mam said, "Come on in, honey. You're welcome anytime."

Ross turned bright pink. It was kinda cute, though; his hair was a little ruffled and blown out of proportion because of the rain and wind sweeping up over the fields from the south. But the main thing is Ross became embarrassed, which was totally cute. I asked him if he was okay yesterday.

Ross said, "Yeah, I just ate something that made me feel horrible."

Ah, was my thought. The cutie was feeling sick with an upset tummy, not cool. Not cool.

Nonetheless, it was great to see him back on his feet, and the first place Ross came was knocking on my door. I must have made an impression on him. I'm not sure of the impact, but I'm pleased that Ross was there without really saying anything. I was a little annoyed at the shower, of course, but that meant that it was inevitable for us to be indoors, and in close quarters, and close-quarters we were.

After my Mam gave Ross the free pass, the two of us left her and headed up to my bedroom. We just sat around talking for a little bit. It felt awkward because we were in my bedroom, and we didn't know what to do. I wasn't sure what to start a conversation about, but as Ross always does, somehow he manages to move the day along by doing hardly anything for me.

Urgh… he is so adorable… I think I'm falling in love. I need to be careful because he caught me staring at him earlier today as he sat crossed-legged on the bedroom floor. If I must say, I don't think I was expecting him to look up from the ground while he was talking about what home is like in London. But when Ross lifted his head, the two of us caught eyes, and it was, I don't know… It lasted a little longer than what I suppose it should have.

Ross just kept looking at me, and the life of the conversation just stopped all of a sudden. He kept staring into my eyes, and it started to grow uncomfortable for me. After a couple of seconds, it was like Ross was staring through my very soul. Then, to make things worse, Ross cracked a smile and went all goofy again. Just on cue, my heart sank, and I felt myself falling for him even more. God, I really need to get my emotions in check.

 

But yeah, that's it; nothing else really happened. Ross talked with me until he had to go home. I have to say the way he speaks is adorable in every little way. The way he uses his hands to gesture what's going on in his mind as he's doing his explaining, it amplifies the cuteness factor.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Night, Ross,

Adam

Copyright © 2023 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 6
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, if you liked the chapter, let me know what you thought. If you want to read uninterrupted, consider grabbing a copy.

Links to Amazon and Google via my website - www.dk-daniels.com 

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

"It felt awkward because we were in my bedroom, and we didn't know what to do." There may come a time where that won't be a problem.

The way Adam described how they  both looked at each other and then Ross smiled implies that it isn't one-sided between the two. If anything progresses with them which is very iffy as both seem to be shy it would have to be Ross to make the move......will he?

Edited by weinerdog
  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 6/15/2023 at 5:22 PM, weinerdog said:

"It felt awkward because we were in my bedroom, and we didn't know what to do." There may come a time where that won't be a problem.

The way Adam described how they  both looked at each other and then Ross smiled implies that it isn't one-sided between the two. If anything progresses with them which is very iffy as both seem to be shy it would have to be Ross to make the move......will he?

Hopefully once the awkwardness clears away, the two boys will become a neat couple, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed. Plus, its funny how body language can give away peoples intentions without them knowing, sometimes, that does all the speaking necessary. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..