Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 1,154 Words
  • 1,688 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
 

Even If We Tried – Kick-off Party:

To celebrate the release of my book, I'm hosting a live stream event on YouTube for folks to come and discuss my book so we can all reconnect about stories in general. I'd love it if folks stopped by. Everyone is welcome, and I'd love to see you there. It will be an informal chat, more like a coffee meeting, where we chill and talk about the release. I've decided to host it on April 3 at 8 PM (Irish Standard Time… aka GMT), so be sure to check the time difference. Links are below, so save the date.

 

Livestream link - click here.

https://youtube.com/live/eQbfI8vBSvc?feature=share

As They Say - (Revised) - 2. Entry 3

Two entries in the one day, I'm on a role. After I got out of bed, I had my shower and sort of spent a little more time than usual in there . I mean, a boy has needs, if you get my drift.

How can you say no?

I sure can't. Once it gets hard, you just gotta do it for the right feelings.

I wasn't thinking of anything in particular, and I don't know precisely why I got horny; it just happened. I did kinda get all the stuff on the tiled wall, so I had to clean up before I could get out of the shower. It would be so embarrassing if I missed anything. My parents use the same room to shower.

With that thought… I’ll drop it now. Shudders silently to myself.

After breakfast, I did the usual— fed the chickens and completed some garden work for Dad. The temperature soared. I mean, it was pretty hot. I would have loved swimming with the lads down by the lake, but everyone was busy.

 

Two things are good about swimming. I mean, who doesn't like swimming in warm weather? There is the plus of getting to see my friends in nothing but their boxers. Most times, when we go swimming, it's on the spur of the moment deal. Meaning, we head off with what we've got on us and shed layers of clothing by the bank. It's all fun and exciting at the same time. That is until I pop a boner and try desperately to hide it for ages.

I think you just automatically check out other boys for no reason. It is almost like a subconscious thing to do and compare with each other. Most times, when I look, it's just to see if I'm at the same level as them in puberty. Today, I couldn't help myself, or any days' in particular. I like comparing how toned my stomach has gotten or how big their bum has gone. Sometimes I even have weird thoughts about what their dicks might look like under the skimpy clothing they wear.

After I fed the chickens, Dad came by with a tin of paint and a brush. I was given the mundane task of applying it to our perimeter fence. I didn't bother trying to protest. I wasn't going to get off easy; it had been coming for a while. I wasn't going to go the entire summer without Dad asking me to not do anything. My parents are not the type of people that let you just sit around and do nothing.

During lunch, I stopped to cool off indoors, and my friend Carl swung by and asked if I wanted to go swimming. Just seeing him gave me a new lease of life. I essentially begged my mam to let me go, but it was actually Dad who relented, which kinda surprised me. I shouldn't complain; my parents were cool enough. They just don't believe in wasting time. Apart from that, I was going swimming! I mean, it's a no-brainer.

 

Though, then, the creepy thoughts caught up with me. Of course, I was going to look at the eye candy on offer while I had the chance. At the time, I thought that the day couldn't get any better— just me and my friends down by the lake. There were four of us. Starting with Carl, which if you haven't read my other five journals, you will have no idea who the hell Carl is to me. Carl is probably my closest friend. I remember the first time I met him; we had a dispute over who owned what section of turf.

You see, when we were younger, two small gangs used to hang out down by the creek. I belonged to one, and Carl, well, belonged to the other. After he hit me one day with a metal pipe in the arm, I went home crying to my Mam, and she marched into town and went to the family farm, facing Carl's mother to sort the squabble out. Turns out that Carl was grounded, and to this day, I still feel bad for having ratted him out. Carl has a good personality though; he's loyal and well, to say the least, honest. Once he's made up his mind about a particular subject or issue, there was no way you can change his outlook. Plus, he is also a looker, with jet black hair and a nice year-round tan. You could easily mistake him for having Italian blood in his bones.

Eli was there. He was standing knee-deep in the water when I arrived at the bank. Both of us were still on rough terms because everything was sour until the craic started and everyone lightened up. The day was pretty good, actually, after Eli and I moved past our bickering. The other day, he accused me of punching that weird kid, and we both know who did it.

There was also Conor; he is a friend of Eli's. Both of us talked a bit, and he was pretty sound, for the most part; also, he is fucking hot. His blond hair, blue eyes, and slim figure, OMG, I had to contain myself from jumping him and making out.

 

Lastly, there was Thomas. He is more of a tagalong guy; he's not a prominent part of the group, but he is still fun to be around. With all that said, they are my main friends. I don't really socialize with many other people other than them.

In the afternoon, we lay under the sun in our wet underwear to dry ourselves, but the grass has a habit of sticking to the skin, especially if it was recently cut. I think the council department maintains the cutting of the green. Though where the shoreline meets the small jetty, it seems to be done less frequently. The town's residents are possibly in charge of this area during the summers months, or maybe the council is lazy. The spot where we hang out is about a two-minute walk from the public park. The fresh-cut grass is always dumped up by the castle, and I love that grassy perfume.

Once we dried a small bit, we got dressed. I'll admit, I was a little disappointed about it, seeing all my friends put clothes back on. But I guess that meant candy was coming. 9 times out of 10, when we go swimming, Carl buys a large pick 'n' mix we all can share. Sometimes, not everyone wants to share, and that lead's to a couple of sulking faces. They just gotta learn life does not revolve around them.

I guess that's all; I can't really think of anything else to say. I'm going to listen to my Walkman for a little while, then go to bed.

Night,

Adam

Copyright © 2023 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 15
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, if you liked the chapter, let me know what you thought. If you want to read uninterrupted, consider grabbing a copy.

Links to Amazon and Google via my website - www.dk-daniels.com 

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Being a closeted  (at the moment) gay and having hot friends that can be difficult. Walkman? It's been awhile since I heard that.The day is coming soon that you're going to have to explain what that is. I wonder what percentage of Adam's country (sounds like. It's in GB) and the U.S. still know what an eight-track is

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
23 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter, loving Adams daily diary.

Glad you're enjoying the progression, and Adam's occasional muddled teenage thoughts lol

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 4/4/2023 at 6:04 PM, weinerdog said:

Being a closeted  (at the moment) gay and having hot friends that can be difficult. Walkman? It's been awhile since I heard that.The day is coming soon that you're going to have to explain what that is. I wonder what percentage of Adam's country (sounds like. It's in GB) and the U.S. still know what an eight-track is

Hot friends are so difficult when you're younger, you want to be their friend because you like them, but it's made more difficult by their beauty. Yes, the Walkman will be a mystery to some in a few years, and the story is set in Ireland, where I live. Some allowances are taken from British english, so some words might have the same context.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Geron Kees said:

So far, so good. :)

 

Glad to see your name pop up, we haven't spoken in ages. Hope all is going well, and thanks for commenting :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
20 hours ago, D.K. Daniels said:

Glad to see your name pop up, we haven't spoken in ages. Hope all is going well, and thanks for commenting :)

I'm okay, just too busy for my own good. Nice to see you here, too! :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..